Windows 10: Using Gmail on the Windows 10 Mail App - sent items do not appear in Sent folder

Discus and support Using Gmail on the Windows 10 Mail App - sent items do not appear in Sent folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using the Windows Mail App to send emails, and while all previous email I had sent appear in my Sent folder, two emails I sent today don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VVA_29, Jun 1, 2020.

1. VVA_29 Win User

Using Gmail on the Windows 10 Mail App - sent items do not appear in Sent folder

I have been using the Windows Mail App to send emails, and while all previous email I had sent appear in my Sent folder, two emails I sent today don't show up. They didn't show up in the Windows app, but they also didn't show up in Gmail online when I cheked seperately.

I received an automated reply for one of the two emails , which means that one went through, however I have no way of confirming if the other one has.

To test the issue I sent myself an email which I received and can see in Sent.

It isn't a sync issue, because I updated using the re-fresh button. I also checked my Outbox and it isn't a case of the mail being stuck.

How can I see a copy of the two emails in Sent - is there anyway to check if they sent successfully?

:)

VVA_29, Jun 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 mail app not syncing sent folder

I think I know why windows 10 mail will not sync my sent folder.

on line, gmail calls the folder Sent Mail

In Windows 10 Mail it is called Sent Items.

On line in gmail I created a Sent Items folder but there is no way to tell gmail to put my sent stuff into the sent items folder. Gmail wants to put sent stuff into Sent Mail. It also will not let me change the name of the Sent Mail folder.

So to test this theory I copied the Sent Mail folder to my new Sent Items folder. I signed out of my gmail account, opened up windows 10 mail and hit the sync button. All my sent stuff appeared in the Sent Items folder.

So Windows 10 Mail needs to have a folder named Sent Mail!

This has been an ongoing problem with Windows Mail. You need to make changes to the program so that we can add folders specific to our own email accounts.

Darlene

Darlene-343, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Sent items in Windows 10

I have had the same issue with sent items since moving to Windows 10. When I send an e-mail using the Win 10 built in application on my PC, the e-mail briefly appears in sent items, then disappears. It is also listed in all mail along with all my notifications
    etc

I am using my Gmail account and the e-mail appears there (in sent items) .

So, some questions:-

So, is the Sent Mail folder like the Outbox in Outlook? Stuff is only there while being sent or if there is a issue with sending?

If I get a reply to the e-mail it appears in my Gmail account (in Win 10 and Gmail)

Where is the "sent" e-mail stored after it is sent but before it gets replied to? It is there somewhere since I can see it I All Mail

If I click All Mail, how do I know which folder any particular e-mail is stored in?

Thanks

Gordon

GordonLamb8, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Gosim Win User

Using Gmail on the Windows 10 Mail App - sent items do not appear in Sent folder

Windows Mail Sent folder

When I send a mail ,using the Windows Mail App, it sends OK but instead of seeing it in the Sent folder it appears in the Spam folder instead. Also if I click on "not spam" it then appears in my Inbox.
    This only occurs when sending with my Gmail address. Sending with either my Hotmail address or my Blueyonder address they all appear in my Sent folder OK.
    I have reinstalled the App but that has not helped .
    Odd !!!!

Windows 10 1909

Gosim, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Using Gmail on the Windows 10 Mail App - sent items do not appear in Sent folder - Similar Threads - Using Gmail Mail

2. Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder: I am running Microsoft Mail Not Outlook on Windows 11. I have created 2 email accounts that both work but in neither case will any sent items appear in the Sent Items folder . I have re-installed Mail twice now but the problem persists. They do not appear in any other folder...
  3. Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent items not showing in Sent Items folder: I am running Microsoft Mail Not Outlook on Windows 11. I have created 2 email accounts that both work but in neither case will any sent items appear in the Sent Items folder . I have re-installed Mail twice now but the problem persists. They do not appear in any other folder...
  4. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  5. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  6. Windows Mail - Sent Items

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail - Sent Items: I was searching email from my "Sent Mail" folder. The email I was searching for didn't appear, but there was an option to "Search Online". The email appeared, but when I click to open, it disappears. How do I view sent emails found using the "Search Online" option?...
  7. Windows 10 Mail sending my "sent" Gmail messages into Spam not Sent Items

Windows 10 Mail sending my "sent" Gmail messages into Spam not Sent Items: I use Windows 10 Mail for several different email accounts. For the last couple of weeks, whenever I send Gmail, the sent email turns up in my Spam folder, not my sent items. I then have to move each email into my Sent items. I think this originated as a Gmail blip and I...
  8. Sent Mail not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sent Mail not appearing: I am using Windows 10 Mail for all my mail accounts, most of which are Gmail. I am sending an email from Windows 10 Mail, which is being received by the recipient, as I am getting replies, but they are not showing up in the Sent folder. They used to show up and then...
  9. Sent Items folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sent Items folder: How do I find the Sent Items folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sent-items-folder/226e660d-b3ed-4ed8-bdb8-1b2236d65a11
  10. Issue with Mail app Sent Items

in Browsers and Email
    Issue with Mail app Sent Items: Using the default Mail app, I checked my 'Sent Items' and all mails since the start of the month show as sent but the date / time they were sent shows as: 'Sending...' when first clicked on, then that changes to: 'Still working on it..' after 60 seconds or so. Older Sent...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail sent items not showing