Windows 10: Using Google Chrome makes my disk go up to 50% usage.

Discus and support Using Google Chrome makes my disk go up to 50% usage. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This is annoying because it makes surfing and watching youtube completely impossible. It freezes my whole computer. And i have an awful feeling win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Niksonrex, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Niksonrex Win User

Using Google Chrome makes my disk go up to 50% usage.

This is annoying because it makes surfing and watching youtube completely impossible. It freezes my whole computer. And i have an awful feeling win 10 is doing something.
    Cause when i look into performance monitor the first 2 things that are using the most of my disk are both system.

Currently im using brave and nothing like that is happening. Now, id like to know what this is cause its very weird. I dont have this problem in any other application except chrome.
    Also windows was checking for updates like 10 minutes before it started freezing. I also disabled all extentions and tried things like adding --no-sandbox in the shortcut but nothing fixed it. It also never goes beyond 50% but it freezes the heck out of my pc.

:)

Niksonrex, Sep 17, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 17, 2018
  3. disk usage stuck at 50%

started today having a huge issue as my disk usage is stuck at 50% when running apps or games! I have tried a few methods none have worked. I have seen quite a few people with the same issue and not sure if the methods that were suggested helped them or
    not, but they definately didn't help me! I have ran clean boot, launched into safe mode, done disk checks etc. Please help it's very frustrating!

Ira Hedges, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Using Google Chrome makes my disk go up to 50% usage.

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Using Google Chrome makes my disk go up to 50% usage.

1. Using Google Chrome makes my disk go up to 50% usage. - Similar Threads - Using Google Chrome

2. Why does my disk usage go up and then down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my disk usage go up and then down?: When I start up Windows on my laptop, I check task manager and then I see 100% disk usage then 20-30 seconds later down to 1%. Is this normal or not? Please give any tips. For some reason, the system in task manager uses a lot of disk usage in the startup. There is also a...
  3. Why does my disk usage go up and then down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my disk usage go up and then down?: When I start up Windows on my laptop, I check task manager and then I see 100% disk usage then 20-30 seconds later down to 1%. Is this normal or not? Please give any tips. For some reason, the system in task manager uses a lot of disk usage in the startup. There is also a...
  4. High Disk Usage 50%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Disk Usage 50%: This problem has been ongoing for 9 days now. My PC lags up due to my SSD system drive usage spiking to around 50% for a short while, subsiding after a few seconds. I notice this happens exactly every one hour from my HDSentinel temperature history, lasting for about 20-30...
  5. Disk Usage going up and down from 100% to 10% and then to 50%..

Disk Usage going up and down from 100% to 10% and then to 50%..: Tried literally everything I saw on the internet. Disabled search service helped a bit i think, chdsk did nothing and neither did deactivating SysMain. Please help me! Specs: Zotac GTX 1060 3gb + I-7700 + 8GB RAM and 2 HDD's I reinstalled windows 2 months ago because of this...
  6. Is 50% disk usage at idle ok

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is 50% disk usage at idle ok: Hi so in task manager it says that’s my disk usage is at 50% with me doing nothing the top usage of it is system that’s using 8 MB’s I have an hdd and an ssd Windows is on the ssd is this ok? submitted by /u/OLA24GLB [link] [comments]...
  7. Google Chrome High CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome High CPU Usage.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LostMC07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hlz1t9/google_chrome_high_cpu_usage/
  8. How to make Google Chrome my browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to make Google Chrome my browser: Operating Windows 10. How do I get rid of "ASK" and make Google Chrome my main browser please? Thank you. RonB88 157876
  9. disk usage, stuck at 50%

disk usage, stuck at 50%: I formated and installed Windows 10 like two times and its always the same stuck at 50% . Disk performance at 100% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-stuck-at-50/15be2694-50b1-4225-99e1-bac78d379678
  10. disk usage stuck at 50%

disk usage stuck at 50%: started today having a huge issue as my disk usage is stuck at 50% when running apps or games! I have tried a few methods none have worked. I have seen quite a few people with the same issue and not sure if the methods that were suggested helped them or not, but they...