Windows 10: Using gpedit enabler on Win 10 Home causes issue with Sys File Scan

Discus and support Using gpedit enabler on Win 10 Home causes issue with Sys File Scan in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I ran sfc /scannow the other day and it found corrupted files which it couldn't fix. I checked the CBS log and noticed that it seemed to be related to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mcd73165, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

Using gpedit enabler on Win 10 Home causes issue with Sys File Scan

I ran sfc /scannow the other day and it found corrupted files which it couldn't fix. I checked the CBS log and noticed that it seemed to be related to gpedit which I added to my Win 10 Home Pc some time back with a batch file I found on the net. I then ran the DISM tool. After that i ran the System File Scan again and it said it found errors and fixed them all. I ran it again and no problems were found. Now, gpedit will still run but without the Administrative Templates. I just wrote this thread in case anyone else happened to run into this issue. If anyone wants to install the Group Policy Editor on their Windows 10 Home computer I suggest using the installation program instead of the batch file which you can find here: Download Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home Edition 1.0
    This way you can uninstall it if desired. I couldn't find a batch file to disable or remove the group Policy Editor that I installed from a batch file.
    Hope this thread may be of help to anyone.
    Mark

:)

Mcd73165, Jan 13, 2019

2. GPEDIT is completely ineffective in Win10 PRO

Hi joeyberger,

Sorry for the delay in response

What specific setting did you change in gpedit?

Do you face the issue only with gpedit?

We suggest you to run this command and check.

• Press Win + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command Prompt(Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • After the SFC scan, Type or copy, paste the command in the command prompt
      DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Thank you.

Ravinath P, Jan 13, 2019
  3. gpedit crashes with error "found an error in a snap-in"

Hi,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issue with gpedit, this issue might happens due to missing or corrupted system files.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows + R keys, to open
      Run command.
    • Type cmd and hit Enter to open
      Command Prompt.
    • Type the command "sfc /scannow" without the quotes
      and hit Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to perform clean boot to avoid any third party software conflict and check.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Using gpedit enabler on Win 10 Home causes issue with Sys File Scan

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Using gpedit enabler on Win 10 Home causes issue with Sys File Scan

1. Using gpedit enabler on Win 10 Home causes issue with Sys File Scan - Similar Threads - Using gpedit enabler

2. How to disable File History Backup in Windows 10 using REGEDIT or GPEDIT

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable File History Backup in Windows 10 using REGEDIT or GPEDIT: [ATTACH]File History is a powerful tool developed by Microsoft that saves the user’s data on an external drive automatically. To use this tool you just have to connect an external hard drive to your computer, add it to File History, and turn the File History ON; and it starts...
  3. GPEDIT For Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPEDIT For Win 10 Home: Hi,.......I've installed GPEDIT.MSC for Win 10 (20H2) . When I open software settings it is empty. I wonder if this is the way it is supposed to be? I used the bat file attached and ran as an administrator. [img] Thanks 177115
  4. How to enable Windows 10 Full screen Start Menu using REGEDIT or GPEDIT

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Windows 10 Full screen Start Menu using REGEDIT or GPEDIT: [ATTACH]If you want to enable Windows 10 Full-screen Start Menu, then you can do […] This article How to enable Windows 10 Full screen Start Menu using REGEDIT or GPEDIT first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gpedit shutdown scripts on win 10 home?: ok i'm stuck on this problem: i want to run a sample file.bat when my pc shuts down. I have added gpedit.msc on my machine via some batch file and added my .bat script in there. For some reason it won't execute the script when i shutdown my pc. I think is because i have win10...
  6. why isnt gpedit on my win 10 system ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why isnt gpedit on my win 10 system ?: why isnt gpedit on my win 10 system ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-gpedit-on-my-win-10-system/5b9c07a8-65a3-4e2d-84a2-461ae1b948d6
  7. Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete GPEdit from Windows 10 Home: Hello I followed the guide below to enable group policy editor on Windows 10 Home https://www.itechtics.com/easily-ena...-home-edition/ Basically, it says to use a .bat file to get Group Policy Editor running. Now, I'd like to disable or undo what that .bat does. I've...
  8. win 10 update causing log in issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 update causing log in issues: it seems that every time i do a win 10 update to get current defender revisions, the next day i get a warning that my email login's need fixing in outlook. i guess i will revert to relying on my 3'rd party av prg's only until this is fixed unless someone knows the solution ....
  9. Reset Win 10 Cause Of Profile Issues.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Reset Win 10 Cause Of Profile Issues.: should i just reset my pc? but firstly i will remove my hard drive and then full reset windows 10 i cant delete the old profile from C/user:/ it keeps saying you need permission from S-12-213 etc code something a microsoft tech support ****ed it all up for me my...
  10. Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home

in Windows 10 Support
    Gpedit on Windows 8.1 home: I have installed this program: How to Enable (gpedit.msc) in Home and Starter Editions of Windows 7 and Later - AskVG on my Windows 8.1 home machine. Now i would like to back up the gpedit settings before installing windows 10, because windows 10 seems to be a kind of fresh...