Windows 10: Using HDMI and cant get Headset to work.

Discus and support Using HDMI and cant get Headset to work. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to a new PC and everything works fine except my headset. I'm using an HDMI to connect my PC with my tv. when i open my playback... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by chrisV12, Sep 18, 2018.

1. chrisV12 Win User

Using HDMI and cant get Headset to work.

I recently upgraded to a new PC and everything works fine except my headset. I'm using an HDMI to connect my PC with my tv. when i open my playback options its only has these 4 options: LG TV, LG TV,Nvidia output, Nvidia output. These are the only options I have even though my headset is plugged in correctly in the audio out and microphone port in the back.I want to be able to use this headset and get audio and microphone function while still having video displace on the tv. My headset worked fine on my previous computer. can anyone try to help me?

:)

chrisV12, Sep 18, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Using HDMI and cant get Headset to work. :p

cadaveca, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Sep 18, 2018
  4. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Using HDMI and cant get Headset to work. - Similar Threads - Using HDMI cant

2. Laptop to Monitor using HDMI not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop to Monitor using HDMI not working.: I am having a problem trying to connect my laptop's screen to a monitor through HDMI. The monitor isn't detecting that there is an HDMI input. Any answers help, thanks....
  3. Laptop to Monitor using HDMI not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop to Monitor using HDMI not working.: I am having a problem trying to connect my laptop's screen to a monitor through HDMI. The monitor isn't detecting that there is an HDMI input. Any answers help, thanks....
  4. I cant use my headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use my headset mic: I have an all in one pc and for the past year I have been using this pc without realizing that every time I use my mic, the computer uses the built-in one and not my headset mic. I tried to go into settings and there is no option for a headset mic. The headset I am using is...
  5. I cant use my headset mic

I cant use my headset mic: I have an all in one pc and for the past year I have been using this pc without realizing that every time I use my mic, the computer uses the built-in one and not my headset mic. I tried to go into settings and there is no option for a headset mic. The headset I am using is...
  6. Headset not working. Laptop just swithes to headphones, then cant use the mic from...

Headset not working. Laptop just swithes to headphones, then cant use the mic from...: I have an Acer nitro v. when I use my hyperx cloud alphas wired with an aux cord I have plugged it into an iPad and I get audio and microphone from the headset, it worked with my PlayStation and it worked flawlessly. But when I tried it in a fresh new windows 10 install, it...
  7. Headset not working. Laptop just swithes to headphones, then cant use the mic from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset not working. Laptop just swithes to headphones, then cant use the mic from...: I have an Acer nitro v. when I use my hyperx cloud alphas wired with an aux cord I have plugged it into an iPad and I get audio and microphone from the headset, it worked with my PlayStation and it worked flawlessly. But when I tried it in a fresh new windows 10 install, it...
  8. Headset not working. Laptop just swithes to headphones, then cant use the mic from...

9. I cant use my headsets microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant use my headsets microphone: I try to use my headset on my laptop, but it never even picks up that my headset has a mic (which it does). I still hear audio on the headset, and I could use the headset earlier today. It's so frustrating submitted by /u/Dustie-GD [link] [comments]...
  10. Cant use headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant use headset microphone.: When i plug in my headsets my pc doesnt see the input device. It sees the output but it doesnt see the mic. I dont know how i can fix this. Help please. submitted by /u/DaffierLime [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant get ear phones working with hdmi