Windows 10: Using HDMI cables to connect two laptops for the purpose of copying files

Discus and support Using HDMI cables to connect two laptops for the purpose of copying files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. My cat sat on one of my laptops one time too many and the screen stopped working. I want to copy the files from it to another of my laptops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Faye985, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Faye985 Win User

Using HDMI cables to connect two laptops for the purpose of copying files

Hello. My cat sat on one of my laptops one time too many and the screen stopped working. I want to copy the files from it to another of my laptops and have HDMI cables attached to both. Can someone please give me some help in what I need to do to be able to see the files on the bad laptop using the good one? Thank you so much!

:)

Faye985, Oct 22, 2019

2. unable to connect laptop to tv using HDMI cable

Hi Rob,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to connect laptop to tv using HDMI cable. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates and also updated all device drivers on the pc?

• Did you check with a different HDMI cable for testing purpose?

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Oct 22, 2019
  3. VHS CONNECTED TO MY LAPTOP WITH HDMI CABLE

* Merged *

Thank you for cheeking on my enquire, here the additional information required:

• SAMSUNG RF511 Laptop
    • Runs WINDOWS 10
    • LG Digital & Analog DVD recorder player combi
    • Connected with HDMI cable
    • I believe the laptop's HDMI port plays both ways (input/output)
    • The LG Device's HDMI Port is output only
    • Attempting to play and convert VHS videos, to be digitally archived in my laptop
    • What kind of program would allow me to perform this task
    Cheers

Javier

JAVIER CALVO Y PEREZ, Oct 22, 2019
  4. ThundaBG Win User

Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Using HDMI cables to connect two laptops for the purpose of copying files - Similar Threads - Using HDMI cables

2. Cannot connect my windows laptop to a monitor using an HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect my windows laptop to a monitor using an HDMI cable: Hi,I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd1006np 2L1T6EA running on windows 11.I cannot connect my laptop to a second monitor through HDMI. I tested the cable and screen with another device and they are working. I thought it could be an issue with the physical port so I got...
  3. Cannot connect my windows laptop to a monitor using an HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect my windows laptop to a monitor using an HDMI cable: Hi,I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 17-cd1006np 2L1T6EA running on windows 11.I cannot connect my laptop to a second monitor through HDMI. I tested the cable and screen with another device and they are working. I thought it could be an issue with the physical port so I got...
  4. Cannot connect my windows laptop to a monitor using an HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Connecting my laptop to my tv using HDMI cable

Connecting my laptop to my tv using HDMI cable: have connected my tv to my laptop using a hdmi cable. the picture goes to my tv fine but not the sounds. I was messing around with the sound settings as Icould not get sound just out of my laptop but could get sound through my tv. Now I can only get sound through the laptop...
  6. connecting pc harddrive to laptop using an hdmi cable

connecting pc harddrive to laptop using an hdmi cable: Hi, I have my work pc harddrive home to try to connect to my laptop, I've been given an hdmi cable and an ethernet cable which are both connected how I was instructed but my laptop isn't detecting the harddrive. I can't find it anywhere. Any advice where to look for it or...
  7. connecting a TV with HDMI cable to hp laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    connecting a TV with HDMI cable to hp laptop: Every time I try to connect my dual boot HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 10 N Version 1809 to my Vizio E420i-B0 TV my laptop crashes. When I make the hdmi connection via Linux Lite 3.6 the TV connects without a problem. Is it the N 10 1809 version of Windows that's the...
  8. problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with connecting TV using HDMI cable: My HDIM connect used to work fine but now I am unable to connect my TV using HDMI cable from my laptop. I receive an error message saying that it cannot detect another display...
  9. Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable: Hi, I am using Dell Vostro 3466 and it doesnt have HDMI port so I am using VGA to HDMI port. I am trying to connect it with my smart tv but it says no signal. My laptop display has been destroyed and I can barely see whats on it. Please suggest shortcuts or work arounds...
  10. Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Use Laptop as Secondary Monitor WITH HDMI CABLE: I have two laptops, both of which have HDMI ports. Is there any software that will use the HDMI cable to make one of my laptops act as a secondary monitor? I don't want any software that requires a network connection because I'm going to be in college. 59100