Windows 10: Using help with the search box is very inconvenient. Bring BACK the Windows Help & Support...

Discus and support Using help with the search box is very inconvenient. Bring BACK the Windows Help & Support... in Cortana to solve the problem; I started this discussion because i'd like to point out that the online help service on WIndows 10 absolutely fails. It fails because whenever you type... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BrianStump2, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Using help with the search box is very inconvenient. Bring BACK the Windows Help & Support...

I started this discussion because i'd like to point out that the online help service on WIndows 10 absolutely fails. It fails because whenever you type in a search query, it usually comes up as a previous operating system, or separate microsoft product, or, in the worst case, nothing to do with Microsoft at all. I've been using Windows 10 since it's release and was very disappointed to see that the Windows Help & Support feature which was in Windows 8.1 has been removed, meaning there is no sufficient way to get help offline. Also, the other complaint is, even when you're online, there is literally no way to pull up ALL of the help topics at once sufficiently. What happened to those days when it was like that in Vista and Windows 7? I don't remember if there was a way to access all help content on Windows 8 or 8.1, but this is still ridiculous! Why did Microsoft remove standard help? Bring it back! I'm serious! People, get on that Windows 10 feedback hub and ask for some way to display all help topics in Windows 10. When I press the F1 key on the keyboard, it just pulls up Microsoft Edge, performing a Bing search on how to get help in Windows 10, which is useless, because it still doesn't show all the topics. I also think there should be an offline version of help and support available because not everyone has access to the internet. I liked the design on Windows 7. Windows 8's help system was a bit messy, but at least it was still there. And now you strip the Windows Help & Support service? Microsoft, why? Just ... why? This is not acceptable in any way shape or form. Even Apple still has a built-in help system for their latest version of macOS Now some of you might argue, well, ok, Windows 10 is a service now. Right, but there's no excuse for them not to continue updating that help service with every new feature update to Windows 10. It should have been there since the original release in 2015. It's now 2018 and the October 2018 update still doesn't have a Windows 10 Help program. This will really turn off certain people from using Microsoft Windows. Using search and Cortana is no efficient way to search for help on Windows 10. And I think not only in the next update should they add help support, but they should also make a download available (either in Windows Store or on the Miccrosoft website) for Windows 10 (the original release), Windows 10 November Update, Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Windows 10 Creators Update, Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Windows 10 April 2018 Update and Windows 10 October 2018 Update. Sorry Microsoft, you guys need to learn your lesson. People have to go back to downloading pdf manuals because of this stupidity. But you need to create a help service and implement it back into Windows 10 with your next update and provide downloads for the older Windows 10 versions for the people who still have those. (Word of advice, move to Windows 7, and when it's support ends, move to Mac or Linux).

:)

BrianStump2, Oct 30, 2018

2. Using help with the search box is very inconvenient. Bring BACK the Windows Help & Support Feature!

I started this discussion because i'd like to point out that the online help service on WIndows 10 absolutely fails. It fails because whenever you type in a search query, it usually comes up as a previous operating system, or separate microsoft product,
    or, in the worst case, nothing to do with Microsoft at all. I've been using Windows 10 since it's release and was very disappointed to see that the Windows Help & Support feature which was in Windows 8.1 has been removed, meaning there is no sufficient way
    to get help offline. Also, the other complaint is, even when you're online, there is literally no way to pull up
    ALL of the help topics at once sufficiently. What happened to those days when it was like that in Vista and Windows 7? I don't remember if there was a way to access all help content on Windows 8 or 8.1, but this is still ridiculous! Why did
    Microsoft remove standard help? Bring it back! I'm serious! People, get on that Windows 10 feedback hub and ask for some way to display all help topics in Windows 10. When I press the F1 key on the keyboard, it just pulls up Microsoft Edge, performing a Bing
    search on how to get help in Windows 10, which is useless, because it still doesn't show all the topics. I also think there should be an offline version of help and support available because not everyone has access to the internet. I liked the design on Windows
    7. Windows 8's help system was a bit messy, but at least it was still there. And now you strip the Windows Help & Support service? Microsoft, why? Just ... why? This is not acceptable in any way shape or form. Even Apple still has a built-in help system for
    their latest version of macOS Now some of you might argue, well, ok, Windows 10 is a service now. Right, but there's no excuse for them not to continue updating that help service with every new feature update to Windows 10. It should have been there since
    the original release in 2015. It's now 2018 and the October 2018 update still doesn't have a Windows 10 Help program. This will really turn off certain people from using Microsoft Windows. Using search and Cortana is no efficient way to search for help on
    Windows 10. And I think not only in the next update should they add help support, but they should also make a download available (either in Windows Store or on the Miccrosoft website) for Windows 10 (the original release), Windows 10 November Update, Windows
    10 Anniversary Update, Windows 10 Creators Update, Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Windows 10 April 2018 Update and Windows 10 October 2018 Update. Sorry Microsoft, you guys need to learn your lesson. People have to go back to downloading pdf manuals because
    of this stupidity. But you need to create a help service and implement it back into Windows 10 with your next update and provide downloads for the older Windows 10 versions for the people who still have those. (Word of advice, move to Windows 7, and when it's
    support ends, move to Mac or Linux).

BrianStump2, Nov 9, 2018
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Using help with the search box is very inconvenient. Bring BACK the Windows Help & Support...

I can't find the search for files feature on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Are you referring to the search box in taskbar?

I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if you can bring the search box to taskbar.

• Right Click on Taskbar

• Select Search

• Tick on Show search box
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Using help with the search box is very inconvenient. Bring BACK the Windows Help & Support...

1. Using help with the search box is very inconvenient. Bring BACK the Windows Help & Support... - Similar Threads - Using help search

2. How to bring back indev search menu ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to bring back indev search menu ?: I really want to how this menuinstead of this menuis there a way to get it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-bring-back-indev-search-menu/af58010b-f687-4fbf-afa9-a2c7558af0cc
  3. How to bring back indev search menu ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to bring back indev search menu ?: I really want to how this menuinstead of this menuis there a way to get it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-bring-back-indev-search-menu/af58010b-f687-4fbf-afa9-a2c7558af0cc
  4. Help! Search box broken!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Search box broken!: I have been using Windows 11 since it released and I have only recently started to have this problem Starting October 13th, 2022I have tried to open my windows start menu and interact with it, only for it to close with no Error Message. I have also attempted to use the search...
  5. Help! Search box broken!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Search box broken!: I have been using Windows 11 since it released and I have only recently started to have this problem Starting October 13th, 2022I have tried to open my windows start menu and interact with it, only for it to close with no Error Message. I have also attempted to use the search...
  6. Support Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Support Help: Do you need support on anything related to Microsoft? Reply to me and I’ll try and help as easy as I can! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/support-help/b5a410a0-dfac-47ce-9c3e-7cad841bcd67
  7. I need help (Windows 10 Search box crashing)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help (Windows 10 Search box crashing): Can you guys help me i have a problem with my windows search ill try to record it https://reddit.com/link/iqifb3/video/8137m42qofm51/player submitted by /u/TrueAssasinOrAmI [link] [comments]...
  8. this is very helpful

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    this is very helpful: The internal support gave me a phone number to call "09  817 10 4 00 " someone tell me where I'm supposed to call? lmfao (jkjk not worth it) original reason I went to the support thing was to fix a problem... Win+Shift+S wasn't working and I tried contacting tech...
  9. Windows 10 Help and Support dialog box

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Help and Support dialog box: I upgraded to windows 10 and im trying to do my homework and it says that i need to open that help and support dialog box, you know like the one from windows 8.1, but no matter where i search i cant find it. i typed in the search bar but its not giving me that windows help...
  10. Ms please bring back W8 search !!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Ms please bring back W8 search !!!: Hi there I have to agree with other posters who say the current W10 search is an absolute DOG - also the fact that I can hardly read the start menu (text size for me too small and I've found no way so far of being able to increase the size of the start menu itself - other...