Windows 10: Using HWINFO

Discus and support Using HWINFO in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just thought I'd share my experience of the last few days. I built myself a new PC which I am very happy with, Ryzen 7 2700X, 16Gb etc... Anyway its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DreadLord, Nov 13, 2018.

1. DreadLord Win User

Using HWINFO

Just thought I'd share my experience of the last few days. I built myself a new PC which I am very happy with, Ryzen 7 2700X, 16Gb etc... Anyway its very good and as you will understand I have been monitoring it with HWINFO, thats sensible. Day 2 and the fans constantly spinning up and down every 3 seconds irritated me a bit so I set a custom fan curve, thats that sorted. But I was a little inquisitive as to what the cause was. At idle the HWinfo CPU temp graph looked like a saw blade, sharp up and slowly down, sharp up and...ad infinitum. I spent a couple of hours with task manager and permon but they don't have the granularity to really nail down the cause. In the end a search on the tutorials on here led me to Performance recorder + analyser. Now they are good tools!
    So after a good day wasted I now know what caused the regular 3 second spikes in my HWINFO graph....you guessed, it was HWINFO set to poll every 3 seconds! All this because one of the fan boundaries was set 1c above idle.

:)

DreadLord, Nov 13, 2018
  2. LVMan777 Win User

Hwinfo

About HWiNFO

In-depth Hardware Information

From a quick overview unfolding into the depth of all hardware components. Always up-to date supporting latest technologies and standards.
    Real-Time System Monitoring

Accurate monitoring of all system components for actual status and failure prediction. Customizable interface with variety of options.

Extensive Reporting

Multiple types of reports, status logging and interfacing with other tools or add-ons.

HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

LVMan777, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Caring1 Win User
    HWInfo question

I'm just curious why GPU-z shows my Graphics card correctly as an R9 - 200 series, and HWInfo now shows it as an R7 - 300 series.
    Hwinfo used to show it correctly, and hasn't been updated, as I do manual updates.

Caring1, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Using HWINFO

is this software good HWiNFO??

I use HWinfo.

Nordic, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Using HWINFO

1. Using HWINFO - Similar Threads - Using HWINFO

2. I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...: I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.3447, also Edge Version 124.0.2478.51 Official build 64-bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-use-ie-compatibility-however-i-cannot/d20a5544-6bd2-40fa-b4ca-1e16d56f893e
  3. I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...: I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.3447, also Edge Version 124.0.2478.51 Official build 64-bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-use-ie-compatibility-however-i-cannot/d20a5544-6bd2-40fa-b4ca-1e16d56f893e
  4. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...: I was trying to disable the "Host process for windows services" mic, and searched up how to turn off the mic. I read through and followed the steps, and everyone said to uncheck the "Listen to this device" option, but when I looked at it, the option was already turned off,...
  5. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...: I was trying to disable the "Host process for windows services" mic, and searched up how to turn off the mic. I read through and followed the steps, and everyone said to uncheck the "Listen to this device" option, but when I looked at it, the option was already turned off,...
  6. I can't connect anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't connect anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.: I am using a windows 11 laptop, it had no issue with Bluetooth devices. But after a driver upgrade, I can't connect it or remove the old one to re-add it . I tried rolling back to old drivers, it was not working. My current Bluetooth driver version is 22.220.0.3. I can't...
  7. I can't connect anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.

I can't connect anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.: I am using a windows 11 laptop, it had no issue with Bluetooth devices. But after a driver upgrade, I can't connect it or remove the old one to re-add it . I tried rolling back to old drivers, it was not working. My current Bluetooth driver version is 22.220.0.3. I can't...
  8. I can't anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.: I am using a windows 11 laptop, it had no issue with Bluetooth devices. But after a driver upgrade, I can't connect it or remove the old one to re-add it . I tried rolling back to old drivers, it was not working. My current Bluetooth driver version is 22.220.0.3. I can't...
  9. I can't anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.

I can't anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.: I am using a windows 11 laptop, it had no issue with Bluetooth devices. But after a driver upgrade, I can't connect it or remove the old one to re-add it . I tried rolling back to old drivers, it was not working. My current Bluetooth driver version is 22.220.0.3. I can't...
  10. Using HWINFO

Using HWINFO: Just thought I'd share my experience of the last few days. I built myself a new PC which I am very happy with, Ryzen 7 2700X, 16Gb etc... Anyway its very good and as you will understand I have been monitoring it with HWINFO, thats sensible. Day 2 and the fans constantly...