Windows 10: Using HWINFO

Discus and support Using HWINFO in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just thought I'd share my experience of the last few days. I built myself a new PC which I am very happy with, Ryzen 7 2700X, 16Gb etc... Anyway its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DreadLord, Nov 13, 2018.

1. DreadLord Win User

Using HWINFO

Just thought I'd share my experience of the last few days. I built myself a new PC which I am very happy with, Ryzen 7 2700X, 16Gb etc... Anyway its very good and as you will understand I have been monitoring it with HWINFO, thats sensible. Day 2 and the fans constantly spinning up and down every 3 seconds irritated me a bit so I set a custom fan curve, thats that sorted. But I was a little inquisitive as to what the cause was. At idle the HWinfo CPU temp graph looked like a saw blade, sharp up and slowly down, sharp up and...ad infinitum. I spent a couple of hours with task manager and permon but they don't have the granularity to really nail down the cause. In the end a search on the tutorials on here led me to Performance recorder + analyser. Now they are good tools!
    So after a good day wasted I now know what caused the regular 3 second spikes in my HWINFO graph....you guessed, it was HWINFO set to poll every 3 seconds! All this because one of the fan boundaries was set 1c above idle.

:)

DreadLord, Nov 13, 2018
  2. LVMan777 Win User

Hwinfo

About HWiNFO

In-depth Hardware Information

From a quick overview unfolding into the depth of all hardware components. Always up-to date supporting latest technologies and standards.
    Real-Time System Monitoring

Accurate monitoring of all system components for actual status and failure prediction. Customizable interface with variety of options.

Extensive Reporting

Multiple types of reports, status logging and interfacing with other tools or add-ons.

HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download

LVMan777, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Caring1 Win User
    HWInfo question

I'm just curious why GPU-z shows my Graphics card correctly as an R9 - 200 series, and HWInfo now shows it as an R7 - 300 series.
    Hwinfo used to show it correctly, and hasn't been updated, as I do manual updates.

Caring1, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Using HWINFO

is this software good HWiNFO??

I use HWinfo.

Nordic, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Using HWINFO

1. Using HWINFO - Similar Threads - Using HWINFO

2. I can't anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.: I am using a windows 11 laptop, it had no issue with Bluetooth devices. But after a driver upgrade, I can't connect it or remove the old one to re-add it . I tried rolling back to old drivers, it was not working. My current Bluetooth driver version is 22.220.0.3. I can't...
  3. I can't anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't anything to my laptop, using bluetooth.: I am using a windows 11 laptop, it had no issue with Bluetooth devices. But after a driver upgrade, I can't connect it or remove the old one to re-add it . I tried rolling back to old drivers, it was not working. My current Bluetooth driver version is 22.220.0.3. I can't...
  4. Cannot use recent locations list to change directories

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use recent locations list to change directories: Several times per day, Windows Explorer will have a problem where I can show the list of recent locations by pressing Ctrl+L or clicking the address bar, but when I try to click one of the locations or type one manually, it does nothing. There is no consistency in what I'm...
  5. Cannot use recent locations list to change directories

Cannot use recent locations list to change directories: Several times per day, Windows Explorer will have a problem where I can show the list of recent locations by pressing Ctrl+L or clicking the address bar, but when I try to click one of the locations or type one manually, it does nothing. There is no consistency in what I'm...
  6. I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...: How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-chrome-on-public-networks-it-says/a66247b6-afc2-49ec-a66f-a89260e20616
  7. I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...

I can't use Chrome on Public networks. It says something about my firewall and virus...: How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-chrome-on-public-networks-it-says/a66247b6-afc2-49ec-a66f-a89260e20616
  8. I cant use the I forgot my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant use the I forgot my PIN: every time I try to use the I forgot my PIN is said plz wait then the page turn blank and duos no think iv waited for 1 hour and no changer and now i cant use the Xbox app on my pc...
  9. I cant use the I forgot my PIN

I cant use the I forgot my PIN: every time I try to use the I forgot my PIN is said plz wait then the page turn blank and duos no think iv waited for 1 hour and no changer and now i cant use the Xbox app on my pc...
  10. Using HWINFO

in Windows 10 Support
    Using HWINFO: Just thought I'd share my experience of the last few days. I built myself a new PC which I am very happy with, Ryzen 7 2700X, 16Gb etc... Anyway its very good and as you will understand I have been monitoring it with HWINFO, thats sensible. Day 2 and the fans constantly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4466536 manuell