Windows 10: Using iCloud for Windows to maintain Photo Library across devices?

Discus and support Using iCloud for Windows to maintain Photo Library across devices? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After losing some photos on my iPhone that was not backed up properly, I am determined to get iCloud for Windows set up to safely maintain my Photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HenryCline, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Using iCloud for Windows to maintain Photo Library across devices?

After losing some photos on my iPhone that was not backed up properly, I am determined to get iCloud for Windows set up to safely maintain my Photo Library for storage on iCloud as well as optimized versions on my iPhone and Laptop

I use an iPhone and Windows 10 laptop, everything is up to date, iCloud for Windows is set up and running. What I really am having difficulty is determining the best set up as far as folders/directories are concerned. This is what I have so far.

On my laptop: PC -> Pictures -> iCloud Photos

There are four folders

Camera Roll (empty)

Downloads (173 items 376 MB)

Shared (Empty)

Uploads (1756 items 87 GB)

iCloud App on Windows

Photo Options

iCloud Photo Library (checked)

My Photo Stream (unchecked)

Download new photos and videos to my PC (checked)

Keep High Efficiency original if available (checked)

Upload new photos and videos from my PC (Checked)

iCloud Photo Sharing (unchecked)

2TB Storage on iCloud

It does not appears as if there is any activity, I believe these stats, have been idle for a few weeks. Is there something more I need to do or is there a way to monitor the progress of getting the photos into iCloud storage?

The other part of my quandary is how to view, edit and arrange my photo library on the PC. Since there is no iPhoto option, I assume I should use the Windows Photos App?

Thanks,

Henry

:)

HenryCline, Oct 29, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

icloud photo library

Hello Don,

There may be several reasons why your iCloud photos are not showing up on your wife's user account. To assist you better with your concern regarding syncing iCloud, kindly answer the questions below:

• When did this problem start?
    • Is your iCloud up to date?
    • Have you tried syncing iCloud while logged in to your wife's account?

You may refer to this article for steps on how to setup iCloud on Windows. Kindly make sure that you are logged in to your wife's account when performing the steps:
    How to set up and use iCloud Photos on Windows 10.

We are looking forward for your reply.

John Vil, Oct 29, 2019
  3. icloud photo library

I am using Windows 10 latest update and Iphones 5s with latest updates. Icloud photo library and my photo stream are turned on all devices and icloud photo library is turned on at the PC. I have two user accounts set up, one for me and one for my wife. When
    using my account I can open icloud photoo library folder and select downloads and uploads and the system works just fine in that I can see photos automatically downloaded to the PC and I can select photos to upload from my PC to all my devices. All works great
    as designed. The problem occurs when my wife's user account is used to access icloud photo library. In icloud photo library folder, both downloads and uploads folders show "empty" and thus the photo download and upload features are not available to her. This
    problem has been occurring both before and after the latest windows 10 update.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance

Don St Peter, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Using iCloud for Windows to maintain Photo Library across devices?

Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! Using iCloud for Windows to maintain Photo Library across devices? :)

justinmreina, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Using iCloud for Windows to maintain Photo Library across devices?

1. Using iCloud for Windows to maintain Photo Library across devices? - Similar Threads - Using iCloud maintain

2. Icloud photos not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud photos not downloading: I have windows11 and the latest version of iCloud for Windows. Everything is working fine except for the syncing of stand alone photos. Even photo albums are syncing. I spent time with Apple support and we got apple photos to work once we created a brand new user and...
  3. Will deleting Icloud Photos on File Explorer delete the photos on other devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will deleting Icloud Photos on File Explorer delete the photos on other devices.: I was cleaning out my storage and found out that there is 30gb of random photos and videos. I don't need that stuff on my computer but I like keeping it would deleting the folder remove them on the other Icloud devices or would it not effect them....
  4. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  5. Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing icloud photo albums to icloud for Windows: Hi,I’d like to be able to access the same photo albums that I created on my iPhone in iCloud for windows. Now I can see all photos but I can’t access the albums.How can I do this? I don’t want to log in online all the time and download everything.Cheers,Elio...
  6. Using iCloud photos with Windows

Using iCloud photos with Windows: I downloaded iCloud on my PC. I have photos synced to my PC. When I'm in iCloud I can see the photos. But what I don't see is how to add the photos to individual albums. I can do this on my iPhone, and I want to do the same on my PC. Also, on my PC I want to assign faces to...
  7. iCloud photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud photos: Hello everyone, I am having some difficulties deleting a bunch of iCloud photos files from my file explorer. Thing is, whenever I try to delete the computer says the item is unavailable. I have 7 of these ICloud folders just cramming up my view on file explorer and its very...
  8. Synching Photos in the People App Across Devices

Synching Photos in the People App Across Devices: I tried a forum search for this question but I couldn't find help. I have an Outlook.com account that I use on two Windows 10 phones, a Windows 10 PC, and two Surface Pros. I use the People App with the same Outlook.com account on these devices. Although the complete list...
  9. Maintain Photo Gallery tagging

Maintain Photo Gallery tagging: From what I read the support for Windows (Live) Photo Gallery is fading but that Photos, as far I read and checked, doesn't maintain the tags. I have 20k+ photos with all the people tagged. If I lose access to Photo Gallery is all the hundreds of hours of work lost? As...
  10. Maintaining custom keyboard shortcuts across restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Maintaining custom keyboard shortcuts across restarts: My keyboard does does not have a sleep button so I setup a desktop shortcut with the command line command (rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0) per instructions on various sites and setup a keyboard shortcut of F2 in the Properties. It works, but then when I...