Windows 10: Using IDE hard drive in 2021?

Discus and support Using IDE hard drive in 2021? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm currently using 240 SSD + 320 HDD . So how wise is connecting an old IDE hard drive (160GB) to IDE port as a backup drive ? Does that affect SSD's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/onuryzz, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Using IDE hard drive in 2021?

I'm currently using 240 SSD + 320 HDD . So how wise is connecting an old IDE hard drive (160GB) to IDE port as a backup drive ? Does that affect SSD's boot-up time ? If it does , how bad ? Do you think it is worth it?

It seems like it is the only way that I can make something useful with it.

submitted by /u/onuryzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/onuryzz, Feb 5, 2021

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 5, 2021
  3. little cat, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Mathragh Win User

Using IDE hard drive in 2021?

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Using IDE hard drive in 2021?

1. Using IDE hard drive in 2021? - Similar Threads - Using IDE hard

2. Well, I need help with an old hard drive IDE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Well, I need help with an old hard drive IDE.: Hello Guys,How has been your day? Fine am sure. Thanks for being there for many people. Well, I need help with an old hard drive IDE that I have. The hard drive was formatted but I need the data in that hard drive. Besides, when I connect it to my laptop as an external with...
  3. Well, I need help with an old hard drive IDE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Well, I need help with an old hard drive IDE.: Hello Guys,How has been your day? Fine am sure. Thanks for being there for many people. Well, I need help with an old hard drive IDE that I have. The hard drive was formatted but I need the data in that hard drive. Besides, when I connect it to my laptop as an external with...
  4. use hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use hard drive: Can I have a tip about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-hard-drive/4f08d628-fcab-48df-bb26-6d95ba6925b2
  5. use hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use hard drive: Can I have a tip about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-hard-drive/4f08d628-fcab-48df-bb26-6d95ba6925b2
  6. IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IDE To SATA Drive Not Recognised: I have a SAMSUNG 40GB IDE HDD that I took out of an old case. I acquired an IDE to SATA adapter. The drive turns on; no strange noises, or anything. It looks pretty much band new, dispite it being 15 years old. It's not recognised by Windows, and it doesn't seem to show up in...
  7. IDE drive to SATA host

IDE drive to SATA host: I an trying to reuse old IDE drives and DVD writers in a system that only has SATA on board. I bought two kinds of adaptor board for it but none of them works. Here are the two boards: [img] [img] I've tried them on 2 PCs (B75 and Z97 chipset, both run Windows 10), 3 old...
  8. IDE Hard Drives are Dead and I Need Help

IDE Hard Drives are Dead and I Need Help: I got a problem with 2 of my IDE hard drives. I think theyre dead. I use a USB to IDE cable to connect my computer to it. I remember I would disconnect one and reconnect the other and would switch between the two in search of a vital file. I would disconnect and reconnect on...
  9. IDE Hard Drive Slow PC Overall?

IDE Hard Drive Slow PC Overall?: Hello. I had found an older 250 GB 7200RPM IDE HDD Just laying around. Since i had installed it i noticed extended boot/load times (Sitting At Black Screen With Cursor For About Two Minutes Before Having The Ability To Sign In) and i also have to sometimes remove the power...
  10. using IDE drive as Win 10 recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    using IDE drive as Win 10 recovery drive?: Hi, Here is my situation: 1) the HD in my laptop was dying, so I ordered a replacement, and tried to create a recovery drive so that I could reinstall Win 10 when the replacement arrived 2) Windows asked me to use a drive of 16 gigs or larger for my recovery drive...