Windows 10: Using IE9 with Windows 10

Discus and support Using IE9 with Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use a company to create a Handbook for our Football League on line. I am told that to edit my handbook on line I have to be using IE9 which is 32... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Islanderuk, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Using IE9 with Windows 10

I use a company to create a Handbook for our Football League on line.

I am told that to edit my handbook on line I have to be using IE9 which is 32 bit.

When I tried to download IE9 to my computer I got a message saying that it could not be used with Windows 10

Is there anyway I can download IE9 onto my Windows 10 computer and make both IE11 and IE9 available as alternatives

Thanks in advance.

:)

Islanderuk, Jan 17, 2016

2. Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 10

Dear Don,

Thanks for your reply, but i already did this activity ,unfortunately it didnot work. i separately want's to install IE9 on Windows 10.

I removed IE11 and MS Edge from Windows10 but now i am unable to install IE8/IE9 on Windows10,

Is there any way to install IE8/IE9 on Windows 10.

Once again Thanks to you

Vinod Chauhan, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 10

You cannot install IE9 on Windows 10. IE11 is the only compatible version.

You can emulate IE9 with Developer Tools (F12) > Emulation > User Agent.

If running Windows 10 Pro, because you need Group Policy/gpedit.msc, you can use Enterprise Mode.

site:microsoft.com windows 10 enterprise mode - Recherche Google

Don

Don Varnau, Jan 17, 2016
  4. DavidY Win User

Using IE9 with Windows 10

I would try the following and see if one works:
    • Use the 'cog' symbol or Alt-X in IE11 to bring up the tools menu, select Compatibility View Settings and add that website
    • Use function key F12 in IE11 to bring up the developer settings, and then go into Emulation to try to find a setting which works
    • Download one of Microsoft's test virtual machines from here
      Virtual Machine (VM), Windows Virtual PC BrowserStack : Microsoft Edge Dev
      and run it as a virtual machine within Win10- they are time-limited though and running a virtual machine brings its own extra bunch of complexities

DavidY, Jan 17, 2016
  5. Mystere Win User
    First, IE9 is not 32 bit... IE9 was both 32 and 64 bit, however it can only be installed on Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8. Windows 8.1 and included IE11 by default, and there is no way to go back.

You can run the older emulation settings, but they don't always work. DavidY mentions how to use them.

For what it's worth, All versions of IE, except IE11 are now unsupported by Microsoft.

Mystere, Jan 20, 2016
  6. DavidY Win User
    Except on Vista, (and some versions of Windows Server), where IE9 is still OK because Vista is still supported (until April 2017) and can't upgrade from IE9.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ernet-Explorer

Even IE7 is apparently still supported on some 'embedded' version of Windows.

DavidY, Jan 20, 2016
  7. My thanks to those who responded.

Looks like the cure could be worse than the problem so I will just have to use my old laptop

Islanderuk, Jan 20, 2016
  8. DavidY Win User

My option 1 above will take about a minute to try and would fix the problem on that PC for when you use that website in future.

As Mystere says, it may not work, but it's definitely worth giving it a go.

DavidY, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Using IE9 with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Using IE9

2. Windows still uses "old" language in search and in settings, even after changing display...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows still uses "old" language in search and in settings, even after changing display...: HiI have a Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop with Danish Windows 10 Home installed. I want to change the Windows language to English and I managed to do it for the display language as well as for the welcome screen.However, when I navigate in the settings windows, half of the content is...
  3. Windows still uses "old" language in search and in settings, even after changing display...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows still uses "old" language in search and in settings, even after changing display...: HiI have a Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop with Danish Windows 10 Home installed. I want to change the Windows language to English and I managed to do it for the display language as well as for the welcome screen.However, when I navigate in the settings windows, half of the content is...
  4. Unable to use touchpad click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use touchpad click: Hi there! My touchpad click feature stopped working. I can drag the mouse in different directions, but the click is not working. Only the upper buttons are working but this is driving me insane. Please help!I've tried shutting down, restarting, checked out available updates...
  5. Unable to use touchpad click

Unable to use touchpad click: Hi there! My touchpad click feature stopped working. I can drag the mouse in different directions, but the click is not working. Only the upper buttons are working but this is driving me insane. Please help!I've tried shutting down, restarting, checked out available updates...
  6. Unable to use touchpad click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. If i use reinstall windows 11 from settings will my other drives like E & D Drive's data...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i use reinstall windows 11 from settings will my other drives like E & D Drive's data...: Hey actually I'm feeling some issue with my windows lately so I want a clean installation, but I'm afraid of loosing my data I know it Won't effect on the main Drive C But will it take a effect on my other drivers and my data from other driver's will lose?...
  8. If i use reinstall windows 11 from settings will my other drives like E & D Drive's data...

If i use reinstall windows 11 from settings will my other drives like E & D Drive's data...: Hey actually I'm feeling some issue with my windows lately so I want a clean installation, but I'm afraid of loosing my data I know it Won't effect on the main Drive C But will it take a effect on my other drivers and my data from other driver's will lose?...
  9. When I'm doing manifest file signing using 'mage', two hash signatures are getting created,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I'm doing manifest file signing using 'mage', two hash signatures are getting created,...: Here is the command I'm using:mage -sign UNSIGNED2.manifest -CertHash <Fingerprint>When I'm running the above command, 2 hash signatures are getting created. Why?Thanks...
  10. When I'm doing manifest file signing using 'mage', two hash signatures are getting created,...

When I'm doing manifest file signing using 'mage', two hash signatures are getting created,...: Here is the command I'm using:mage -sign UNSIGNED2.manifest -CertHash <Fingerprint>When I'm running the above command, 2 hash signatures are getting created. Why?Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 For IE9 users - IE9 is supported but its Compatibility View feature is not.

2. run ie9 on windows 10