Windows 10: Using internet while backing up

Discus and support Using internet while backing up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me. Is it possible to use the internet while backing up to a system image. I've done it in the past..no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BriAsylum13, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Using internet while backing up

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me. Is it possible to use the internet while backing up to a system image. I've done it in the past..no problem. But, recently, I've had some computer issues and I want to kind of play it safe. I've searched for my question in google. I came across some stuff that said that it could corrupt/ruin your backup if you use internet. I can't just sit there and do nothing while it backs up. I need internet to pass the time. HELP!

:)

BriAsylum13, Sep 22, 2018
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Using internet while backing up [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Using internet while backing up

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Using internet while backing up

1. Using internet while backing up - Similar Threads - Using internet while

2. Screen Turning Off While I'm Using it, cannot wake it back up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Turning Off While I'm Using it, cannot wake it back up: Hi,I'm having a problem lately where the screens will suddenly lose video signal and go black while I'm the middle of actively doing stuff on my computer such as playing a game. The sound will continue to operate, but the video is lost. I cannot wake it back up without doing...
  3. Screen Turning Off While I'm Using it, cannot wake it back up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Turning Off While I'm Using it, cannot wake it back up: Hi,I'm having a problem lately where the screens will suddenly lose video signal and go black while I'm the middle of actively doing stuff on my computer such as playing a game. The sound will continue to operate, but the video is lost. I cannot wake it back up without doing...
  4. Screen Turning Off While I'm Using it, cannot wake it back up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to back up Documents with OneDrive, while using iCloud Photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to back up Documents with OneDrive, while using iCloud Photos?: I use OneDrive for Business and I want to back up my documents to OneDrive. In the settings I go to "Sync and backup > Manage backup". Here, I see three switches to toggle backup for Documents, Pictures and Desktop. All three switches are off and I can't switch any of them...
  6. How to back up Documents with OneDrive, while using iCloud Photos?

How to back up Documents with OneDrive, while using iCloud Photos?: I use OneDrive for Business and I want to back up my documents to OneDrive. In the settings I go to "Sync and backup > Manage backup". Here, I see three switches to toggle backup for Documents, Pictures and Desktop. All three switches are off and I can't switch any of them...
  7. About Backing Up Apps Using Windows Back Up app

About Backing Up Apps Using Windows Back Up app: As well as using Windows Back Up to back up folders, apps, settings and credentials, here's one question that I'd like to ask:Does Windows Back Up back up not only Microsoft Store apps and pinned app preferences but also Win32 apps? For example, Win32 apps are like Steam and...
  8. Security scam alert - continues to pop up while using internet explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security scam alert - continues to pop up while using internet explorer: A "Microsoft security alert" with a continuous alarm sound keeps popping up on my father's PC when he moves from page to page online. It is redirecting to this page: https://areuk2.ga/mamo-4046/Edge-416528/ How can I prevent this from happening now and help him to not...
  9. Is it okay to use the internet while backing up your hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it okay to use the internet while backing up your hard drive?: Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-okay-to-use-the-internet-while-backing-up/de153d1f-ddf6-40a3-bd9f-cbe100a136bb
  10. Restrict and limit back-ups while using private Wifi at home.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restrict and limit back-ups while using private Wifi at home.: Hi - I am working from home using our private Wifi - Data contract - how can I restrict back-ups being created? To limit data usage? I basically need to do emails and do some online training...