Windows 10: Using ip number as URL not working

Discus and support Using ip number as URL not working in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a simple webserver on my lan at local dhcp ip. When trying to access with brower and that ip I get error using win7 or xp laptop box. Same for... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bosse, Mar 23, 2019.

1. bosse Win User

Using ip number as URL not working

I have a simple webserver on my lan at local dhcp ip. When trying to access with brower and that ip I get error using win7 or xp laptop box. Same for Firefox, IE or Chrome.
    Error like 'server not responding' and via information icon 'connection not secure'

Only one working is firefox on my windows10 stationary box.
    How can I fix it working on laptop box ?
    Some months ago it was possible to fix by clicking the little information icon in url pane and then add that IP url as an exception. But that option is gone now. I think that was what made it work on my win10 box.

:)

bosse, Mar 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 23, 2019
  3. RonFarns Win User
    IP Interface Priority (physical and virtual)

Is it possible to change the ifIndex number (set it lower for the physical adapter than the ifIndex numbers assigned to virtual, VMNet, adapters) using the Set-NetIPInterface command (or some other powershell command)?

This would be on a Windows 10 operating system. I have an application that gets a list of local IP address and on the PC it runs on VMware is installed and has multiple virtual adapters. My application always returns the IP address of one of the virtual
    adapters but I need it to get the IP address of my physical adapter so I need its IP address to be first in the list.

Any suggestions? (A registry edit maybe?)

RonFarns, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Using ip number as URL not working

W10 - losing ip connection to ISP, drops DHCP and defaults to APIPA IP address

Hi,

With regard to your query, we suggest that you try resetting the TCP/IP by using the steps below:

• Press Windows + X keys.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command below:

netsh int ip reset
    • Hit Enter to execute the command.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Using ip number as URL not working

1. Using ip number as URL not working - Similar Threads - Using number URL

2. problems accessing onedrive using url

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems accessing onedrive using url: I am trying to access onedrive via https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-gb/ .But I get the same error message as below from Windows 11 laptop and windows 11 laptop but the services status portal says all is well.syncing appears to be ok for 'a few' files at least.Rgds...
  3. The BitLocker URL is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The BitLocker URL is not working: I have found my device in my Microsoft account and when I click on the Bitlock recovery, I get the following messageTry a different URLWe don’t have anything to show you at this link. Try searching for what you want, instead.Please help...
  4. The BitLocker URL is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The BitLocker URL is not working: I have found my device in my Microsoft account and when I click on the Bitlock recovery, I get the following messageTry a different URLWe don’t have anything to show you at this link. Try searching for what you want, instead.Please help...
  5. The BitLocker URL is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. .url files not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .url files not working: hello there, I am trying to use a .url file but it is not working. it keeps showing me the target location and some other text. I created the .url using the windows shortcut creator built-in. refer the image I copied the URL it showed and it did go to the proper website but...
  7. Question about IP address and PID number

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about IP address and PID number: Hello,I would appreciate if someone can clarify something for me.When I go to Command Prompt and type netstat -ano to see established IP addresses, i see bunch of Foreign IP addresses established, I searched every one and they are all from Microsoft, but there is one under...
  8. what's URL Number

what's URL Number: i need to know myURL number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-url-number/56670643-449c-4546-83cb-b054f024445e
  9. What URLs/IP addresses does the Translator App need to work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What URLs/IP addresses does the Translator App need to work?: I'm trying to get the MS Translator App to work on student workstations in a Juvenile detention center. Due to restrictions of an incarceration facility all student workstations have a whitelist content filter in place. I have installed the Translator app and downloaded the...
  10. URL is not working for me

URL is not working for me: URL is not working for me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url/cb74c281-0b01-4891-94a1-e1fdbae1ea72