Windows 10: Using IPhone as a companion device for Windows Hello

Discus and support Using IPhone as a companion device for Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I connected my Iphone to my pc with the bluetooth interface and set it as my dynamic Lock device. Walking away and getting the lock screen... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Christian aus Lemgo, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Using IPhone as a companion device for Windows Hello

Hello,

I connected my Iphone to my pc with the bluetooth interface and set it as my dynamic Lock device. Walking away and getting the lock screen works. But I can't automatically login. Do I have to use an app? If yes, which one? Or is the Iphone not supported as an companion device?

Many thanks in advanced for your help.

Best regards

Christian

:)

Christian aus Lemgo, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Windows Hello supports a growing variety of secured companion devices

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...panion-devices

Brink, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Rohit_R Win User
    Windows Hello Companion Device Framework

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We still haven’t received the launch date for
    Companion Device Framework
    with Windows Hello from Microsoft. I request you to please wait till the release date is announced.

You will get the information regarding the same on the article:

Windows Hello and Companion Device Framework

Note: Microsoft will be deprecating the Windows Hello companion device framework in the future and will publish the date early to ensure customers have adequate lead time to deploy
    alternative solutions.

Hope it helps.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Apr 4, 2019
  4. SébHenn1 Win User

Using IPhone as a companion device for Windows Hello

SébHenn1, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Using IPhone as a companion device for Windows Hello

1. Using IPhone as a companion device for Windows Hello - Similar Threads - Using IPhone companion

2. Companion with iphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Companion with iphone.: I want to companion with my iPhone, I sign in to the Microsoft account and it just went for android phone and I don't know why, I keep watching all the videos on youtube but it did not work, I try to uninstall it and download your phone app again, but it still likes this....
  3. Companion with iphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Companion with iphone.: I want to companion with my iPhone, I sign in to the Microsoft account and it just went for android phone and I don't know why, I keep watching all the videos on youtube but it did not work, I try to uninstall it and download your phone app again, but it still likes this....
  4. Windows Hello not on my device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello not on my device: I uninstalled windows hello without deleting it in device manager because it was having issues it wouldnt work after my computer went to sleep. Restarting it did not reinstall it. Scanning for hardware changes in system devices did not reinstall it. In settings all the...
  5. The XBox Companion is demanding I sign in with 'Hello'. I cannot use Hello. Therefore I'm...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The XBox Companion is demanding I sign in with 'Hello'. I cannot use Hello. Therefore I'm...: The XBox Companion is demanding I sign in with 'Hello'. I cannot use Hello. Therefore I'm locked out of my profile. I want to use a different xbox profile than my windows sign in. My windows sign in works normally, but the alternate identity requires a Windows Hello PIN. I...
  6. XBOX COnsole Companion doesn't work- use Xbox Console Companion - Beta

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX COnsole Companion doesn't work- use Xbox Console Companion - Beta: FYI Windows store sells and trades via XBOX Live Ultimate for PC, games and though I have found this question. "Xbox for PC game doesn't start"; I haven't found any answers. The problem is with Xbox console companion which has become updated in new form XBOX Console...
  7. Unlock Windows 10 with iPhone Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unlock Windows 10 with iPhone Windows Hello: Trying to setup an iphone with windows hello to use it as a login option. Only app i found is PC Lock, but it doesnt work very well. Anyone know of a good app to use? Thanks...
  8. Windows Hello Companion Device Framework

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Companion Device Framework: Hi, Microsoft announced that the Windows Hello CDF will be deprecated? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/device-experiences/windows-hello-companion-device-framework Does somebody knows when will the Windows Hello CDF framework be deprecated? 1...
  9. Enable or Disable Sign in to Windows 10 using Companion Device

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sign in to Windows 10 using Companion Device: How to: Enable or Disable Sign in to Windows 10 using Companion Device How to Enable or Disable Users to use Companion Device to Sign in to Windows 10 Users can use a sign in to a desktop computer running Windows 10. The companion device provides a second factor of...
  10. Windows Hello supports a growing variety of secured companion devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Hello supports a growing variety of secured companion devices: Nearly 100 unique biometric-enabled Windows devices and accessories are available across form factors, with growing opportunity for partners. Today, we’re highlighting a few of the latest Windows Hello companion devices that have been built by our partners. This past year...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello companion device app for iphone

2. windows hello using iphone

3. configure iphone as windows hello companion device