Windows 10: Using keyboard combination as Task Scheduler trigger

Discus and support Using keyboard combination as Task Scheduler trigger in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question related to the Task Scheduler. I'd like to create a task that behaves as follows: Alt + Ctrl + H + I pressed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheTomatoes2, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Using keyboard combination as Task Scheduler trigger

Hello,

I have a question related to the Task Scheduler. I'd like to create a task that behaves as follows:

1. Alt + Ctrl + H + I pressed (simultaneously)
    2. Computer enters hibernation

As Trigger I chose: On an event > Hardware Event > EventCollector, and now need an event ID. Do they mean the IDs found here ?

As event, should I choose Start a program, then launch a .bat file that launches the hibernation ? If yes, what would it look like ? I have no knowledge of the bat syntax :/.

Thanks !

submitted by /u/TheTomatoes2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheTomatoes2, Apr 4, 2020

2. Can a key combination be the trigger for a Scheduled Task?

Hopefully someone can help me with the following: I would like to use the key combination
    ctrl+alt+del as the trigger for my task.

Can anybody tell me if that is possible?

Pressing ctrl+alt+del doesn't create an event, so first I probably have to program the event from being logged before it can serve as a trigger for a scheduled task?

In case anybody wonders why I could possibly want this? Well I have a very powerful notebook that needs to restart PnP-service on demand. (Otherwise certain alien hardware doesn't work properly) I do not want the user the go into services and restart the
    service herself, as she would need to be admin.

Also I cannot create shortcuts on the desktop or create start menu buttons that start a script that restarts the service on this device.

what I can do is create a scheduled task....

Dylan Witte, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Task Scheduler: task gets triggered by event but does not start

I know a thing or two about the Task Scheduer but so far I am unable to wrap my mind around your problem. Here is why:

• I do not recognise the screen snapshot your posted. What is it?
    • What event is supposed to trigger the scheduled task?
    • What is the scheduled task supposed to run?
    • You write "there is the initial event 108 showing the event getting triggered". How can an event trigger another event?
    • Do time-triggered tasks work reliably?

Frederik Long, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Using keyboard combination as Task Scheduler trigger

Can a key combination be the trigger for a Scheduled Task?

Ctrl-alt-del cannot be used as it is already being used by the system but you can kick off a scheduled task with any key combo that is not being used.

Create a task where the trigger is "on an event" specify the source, and log. You will also have to give the task admin rights to restart the service.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Using keyboard combination as Task Scheduler trigger

1. Using keyboard combination as Task Scheduler trigger - Similar Threads - Using keyboard combination

2. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  3. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  4. Task Scheduler Trigger not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Trigger not working.: I am scheduling some jobs to get the reports from Citrix using PowerShell command. In Task scheduler server we have all required PowerShell Module Task run when I execute manually without any issue. When I set time in trigger it wont execute and not history available for...
  5. Task Scheduler Trigger not working.

Task Scheduler Trigger not working.: I am scheduling some jobs to get the reports from Citrix using PowerShell command. In Task scheduler server we have all required PowerShell Module Task run when I execute manually without any issue. When I set time in trigger it wont execute and not history available for...
  6. task scheduler trigger time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  7. task scheduler trigger time

task scheduler trigger time: the trigger time cannot be set with a PM. I use 12 hour time format and want a task to run at 7pm and there is no way to add pm or use 24 hour formatAny ideas would be appreciated...
  8. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  9. Task scheduler screenshot trigger?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task scheduler screenshot trigger?: So what event would you use for windows task scheduler if your trying to make it so everytime I take a rectangle screenshot with the snipping tool it automatically saves it to a folder? submitted by /u/Pacman042 [link] [comments]...
  10. Scheduled task triggered at wrong time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scheduled task triggered at wrong time: I've created a task which should run every 3rd of a month. The trigger is [ATTACH] <Triggers> <CalendarTrigger> <StartBoundary>2016-11-16T02:00:00</StartBoundary> <Enabled>true</Enabled> <ScheduleByMonth> <DaysOfMonth>...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task scheduler trigger event on key press