Windows 10: Using keyboard keys to adjust volume.

Discus and support Using keyboard keys to adjust volume. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Currently the only way that I can adjust the volume of my headphones is by using the buttons on the headphones or by adjusting the volume in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Henry_Denny, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Using keyboard keys to adjust volume.

Hi,

Currently the only way that I can adjust the volume of my headphones is by using the buttons on the headphones or by adjusting the volume in the software that is playing the audio. When I use the volume keys on my keyboard or adjust the volume in the control panel, it shows me that the volume is increasing but the volume of the headphones does not increase at all. Does anyone know how to use the volume keys to adjust headphone volume?

I'm also not sure which topic this falls under in the given list so I am sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Thanks.

:)

Henry_Denny, Apr 19, 2019

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Volume step adjusting?

How can I change the step of the volume adjustment in windows? Now it adjusts by 2 every time I press volume up or down buttons on my keyboard (without any driver) or rotate the mouse wheel 1 step after clicking on the volume icon - I would like to change
    that value to 1, 5 or even 10, how can I do that? is there a key in the registry to do it?

David123David, Apr 19, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Using keyboard keys to adjust volume.

Whats the Keyboard Shortcut to Adjust Volume?

What sort of PC do you have? Laptop? Tablet? Desktop?
    Laptops typically have a dedicated pair of Fn keys.
    Otherwise no.

However you can try this to assign some:
    Is There Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control - Microsoft Community

More by searching further..
    How to adjust the audio level in Windows 10 with Hotkeys

Two freeware programs:
    7+ taskbar tweaker lets you use the scroll wheel when hovering over the taskbar to adjust volume. Neat.
    Volumouse - press a user selectable key + scroll wheel to adjust volume (and more options)

dalchina, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

Using keyboard keys to adjust volume.

1. Using keyboard keys to adjust volume. - Similar Threads - Using keyboard keys

2. Keyboard volume keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard volume keys not working: The usb keyboard volume controls mute, volume controls, skip, etc for my windows 11 desktop have not been working since I got it. I did a bit of research and tried moving the port, updating the drivers, and turning HIDS to automatic. None of those worked and I'm out of ideas....
  3. Keyboard volume keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard volume keys not working: The usb keyboard volume controls mute, volume controls, skip, etc for my windows 11 desktop have not been working since I got it. I did a bit of research and tried moving the port, updating the drivers, and turning HIDS to automatic. None of those worked and I'm out of ideas....
  4. Keyboard volume keys are not responding.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard volume keys are not responding.: Keyboard volume keys do not responds to commands. Can you please send me recommendations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-volume-keys-are-not-responding/a39faece-3f5c-4651-8dcf-4d47425722f9
  5. Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume: Hi all, I have a microsoft scuplt keyboard. The volume keys on it control my Yeti mic output volume level, instead of the system master volume, for some reason. How can I make the controls attach to the master volume instead of picking one of my audio output devices seemingly...
  6. How to adjust volume on windows 10 using keyboard key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to adjust volume on windows 10 using keyboard key: My keyboard(logitech pro 10 keyless keybord) has a volume key but its also the scroll lock button. Is there a button i can click so that instead of scroll lock I can adjust the volume, i used to think it was alt+the button but i guess im wrong. submitted by...
  7. Adjust volume and brightness WITHOUT FN key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adjust volume and brightness WITHOUT FN key?: Hi all, I’m coming from Apple, and now own an Alienware M15 R2 with windows 10. I’m wondering if there is a way to use ONLY the individual brightness control keys and volume control keys to adjust without having to hold “fn” at the same time? Thanks! submitted by...
  8. Volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c
  9. Adjusting headphone volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adjusting headphone volume: I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the...
  10. Whats the Keyboard Shortcut to Adjust Volume?

in Windows 10 Support
    Whats the Keyboard Shortcut to Adjust Volume?: What are the keyboard shortcuts to adjust volume in win 10? 94604

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard keys to adjust volumne

2. cannot use windows 10 keyboard to adjust volume

3. use keyboard for media volume

4. does the topre keyboard adjust volume,
  5. keys to adjust volume,
  6. adjust volume using keyboard,
  7. which ms keys to adjust volume,
  8. how can i use keyboard to adjust volume