Windows 10: Using keyboard to type symbols

Discus and support Using keyboard to type symbols in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can someone tell me how to type the symbol for the Russian Ruble using the keyboard on my laptop ? I had a list of symbols and icons that one could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Micklanna, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Micklanna Win User

Using keyboard to type symbols

Can someone tell me how to type the symbol for the Russian Ruble using the keyboard on my laptop ?

I had a list of symbols and icons that one could write years ago but I lost it and can't find it using Google.

Thanks, Mick

:)

Micklanna, Jul 24, 2018

2. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 24, 2018
  3. symbols only displaying after another key is pressed.

Hi Alex,

Virus and malware could be one of the possible reasons why you're having trouble with symbols on your keyboard. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your device before the issue started?
    • Did you encounter any error messages while typing the symbols?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've performed?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your device using an antivirus program and see if it's infected by a virus.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Using keyboard to type symbols

Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Using keyboard to type symbols

1. Using keyboard to type symbols - Similar Threads - Using keyboard type

2. my keyboard dont type at symbol using shift plus 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard dont type at symbol using shift plus 2: my keyboard dont want to type at symbol using shift plus 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-dont-type-at-symbol-using-shift-plus-2/365f5a69-1cdc-431e-8048-d0043aa94a4f
  3. my keyboard dont type at symbol using shift plus 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my keyboard dont type at symbol using shift plus 2: my keyboard dont want to type at symbol using shift plus 2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-dont-type-at-symbol-using-shift-plus-2/365f5a69-1cdc-431e-8048-d0043aa94a4f
  4. My laptop's keyboard symbol buttons doesn't type as the symbols written on them suggest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's keyboard symbol buttons doesn't type as the symbols written on them suggest: Good dayI have an HP EliteBook Bang & Olufsen laptop. i5I'm having an issue with the symbol keys.The letter and number keys/buttons are typing what's written on them T means T, q means q and 7 means 7 however, the symbols keys aren't giving me corresponding results. When I...
  5. My laptop's keyboard symbol buttons doesn't type as the symbols written on them suggest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's keyboard symbol buttons doesn't type as the symbols written on them suggest: Good dayI have an HP EliteBook Bang & Olufsen laptop. i5I'm having an issue with the symbol keys.The letter and number keys/buttons are typing what's written on them T means T, q means q and 7 means 7 however, the symbols keys aren't giving me corresponding results. When I...
  6. How can I type the Eszett ß symbol using English International Keyboard Layout?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I type the Eszett ß symbol using English International Keyboard Layout?: I wanted to type German using the qwerty layout and windows can only do that with the Eng International layout. I can type almost everything except the ß symbol. According to this article pressing RAlt + S or Alt + Ctrl + S is enough but somehow it manages to open a special...
  7. keybroad typing wrong symbols

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keybroad typing wrong symbols: when im not in caps it types in caps i cant even put down a comma or a period because it will look like < or > and im not pressing shift when i try to type im i get i"m when i try to type numbers this happens : !@#$%^&* i dont know what to do and ive gone through all...
  8. new keyboard not typing correct symbols

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new keyboard not typing correct symbols: Hi I have just purchased a Microsoft wired 600 keyboard but I cannot find the question mark when I press the up arrow to select the symbol the symbol I press is not the right one eg the button that's is labelled question mark produces _ an underscore. This isn't the only...
  9. Windows 10 Lenovo keyboard cannot type @ symbol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lenovo keyboard cannot type @ symbol: Hi. Help me, please. Using a Lenovo Thinkpad 11e 3rd gen Signature Edition. The key marked "2@ will not type the @ symbol. The keyboard is Swedish and language setting is English US. Thanks in advance....
  10. Keyboard typing wrong symbol

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing wrong symbol: Hey, My keyboard is having some error. 1. shift + 2 output " (should be @) 2. shift + 3 output £ (should be #) 3. shift + ' output @ (should be ") How should I fix this ? Regards, CXY...