Windows 10: Using keyboard to type symbols

Discus and support Using keyboard to type symbols in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can someone tell me how to type the symbol for the Russian Ruble using the keyboard on my laptop ? I had a list of symbols and icons that one could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Micklanna, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Micklanna Win User

Using keyboard to type symbols

Can someone tell me how to type the symbol for the Russian Ruble using the keyboard on my laptop ?

I had a list of symbols and icons that one could write years ago but I lost it and can't find it using Google.

Thanks, Mick

:)

Micklanna, Jul 24, 2018

2. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 24, 2018
  3. symbols only displaying after another key is pressed.

Hi Alex,

Virus and malware could be one of the possible reasons why you're having trouble with symbols on your keyboard. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your device before the issue started?
    • Did you encounter any error messages while typing the symbols?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've performed?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your device using an antivirus program and see if it's infected by a virus.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Using keyboard to type symbols

Typing, keyboard

Hi,

There could be some reasons why you're having a problem with your keyboard. To better assist you, we would like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC prior to this issue?
    • Did you encounter any error messages?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your PC using an antivirus program and check if this step will resolve the issue.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Using keyboard to type symbols

1. Using keyboard to type symbols - Similar Threads - Using keyboard type

2. have to use on screen keyboard because keyboard wont type my PW

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    have to use on screen keyboard because keyboard wont type my PW: at startup...I try to sign in with my pass word but nothing comes up. I have to use the on screen keyboard to sign in...and then I can sign in fine....but once online....if I try to type in to search...nothing will come up again....I can click on things but I cannot type...
  3. How to set GBP symbol when using australian keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set GBP symbol when using australian keyboard?: Laptop purchased in Australia, hence has a $ sign on keyboard. If I change the settings to UK input layout so I can have the pound symbol, it switches some of the keys, so I don't want to do this. I've tried to "Change How Currency is Displayed" but this still results in a...
  4. type a symbol or character representing more or less

in Windows 10 Support
    type a symbol or character representing more or less: How can we type a symbol or character representing more or less, ie. plus minus char. in one place, easily ? 116862
  5. keyboard not typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not typing: some letters are not typing they are "a.s.d.j.k.l." at the present im typing on a Bluetooth keyboard its working fine, I think it the HP laptop keyboard being the problem. "HELP ME" please...
  6. Mouse won't move when typing or using keyboard

Mouse won't move when typing or using keyboard: So I am playing a game on this brand new HP Laptop I just got, and a nice one too. But I notice that, when I try and move my mouse when inputting commands via keyboard or typing the mouse is in a frozen position and cannot move. I have seen numerous "fixes" to this issue but...
  7. Typing problem with Keyboard

Typing problem with Keyboard: Hello, I have a problem with my keyboard. Every time I use my laptop to type longer sets of text I get a few keystrokes that does not make any sense. This happens very often. Roughly every 6 keystrokes, the next two keystrokes don't work. Example: asdjkliomas/[asdurw and...
  8. Keyboard types

Keyboard types: How do I make my keyboard stop typing quotation mark instead of the at sign. It also types uppercase E instead of question mark. I have updated the driver and set the language to my own country. None of this fixed the issue. I have Windows 10...
  9. caps lock makes numbers type symbols

caps lock makes numbers type symbols: when i turn caps lock on, instead of the letters getting capitalized, the numbers get capitalized. if i have caps lock on and then type the number 2, it will appear as @....
  10. Keyboard symbol keys and default language

Keyboard symbol keys and default language: Since the last big Windows 10 update, some of my symbol keys on my keyboard no not provide the correct symbol and some of the symbols that I need such as the sign for Sterling and Euro no longer function. Also Microsoft Word defaults to English US when It should have remained...