Windows 10: Using keyboard while my computer screen is flipped

Discus and support Using keyboard while my computer screen is flipped in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm wondering if I can keep the hardware keyboard on when I flip my screen to the back of it, as I have a Lenovo FLEX Laptop, and want to use it as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CalebFraze, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Using keyboard while my computer screen is flipped

I'm wondering if I can keep the hardware keyboard on when I flip my screen to the back of it, as I have a Lenovo FLEX Laptop, and want to use it as a keyboard for my external monitor, with the screen on my desk. Whenever I flip it, the keyboard and touchpad turn off, but I want to use them still. I have looked all around the forums but have found nothing. I thought that there should be a simple button for this but I don't see anything. Is there any way to do this?

:)

CalebFraze, Dec 13, 2020

2. On-screen keyboard

Hi Chris, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest that you run the automatic troubleshooter to diagnose and fix issues that you can encounter with your On-Screen Keyboard. Do the following steps, please:

Start menu -choose Settings (the gear icon)

Select Update & Security, and then select Troubleshoot.

Find Keyboard on the list.

Click on it, and click the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ button.

NighthawkX, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Using keyboard while my computer screen is flipped

keyboard

Hi ronks,

Windows 10 tablets has a feature to enable and disable the on screen keyboard. We suggest that you disable the on-screen keyboard through the control panel by following the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Control Panel and select the top most result.
    • Type ease of access center in the control panel and open it.
    • Click "Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard".
    • Make sure that the "Use on-screen keyboard" is unchecked.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Using keyboard while my computer screen is flipped

1. Using keyboard while my computer screen is flipped - Similar Threads - Using keyboard while

2. Computer screen turns black while gaming and requires me to flip psu to shut off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen turns black while gaming and requires me to flip psu to shut off.: Recently I can’t seem to play any games without an issue occurring. My screen will turn black on both monitors and all my connected devices turn off as well. My gpu fans are no longer spinning by my cpu is still running, and there is a cpu light white debug light on my msi...
  3. Computer screen turns black while gaming and requires me to flip psu to shut off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer screen turns black while gaming and requires me to flip psu to shut off.: Recently I can’t seem to play any games without an issue occurring. My screen will turn black on both monitors and all my connected devices turn off as well. My gpu fans are no longer spinning by my cpu is still running, and there is a cpu light white debug light on my msi...
  4. Getting Blue Screen while using my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Blue Screen while using my computer: Hello, Good day everyone! Pls, help me to fix this blue screen.My computer often doing blue screen with the following information:Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: d1Parameter 1: 8cParameter 2: 2Parameter 3: 1Parameter 4: fffff8013300916eOS version:...
  5. Getting Blue Screen while using my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Blue Screen while using my computer: Hello, Good day everyone! Pls, help me to fix this blue screen.My computer often doing blue screen with the following information:Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: d1Parameter 1: 8cParameter 2: 2Parameter 3: 1Parameter 4: fffff8013300916eOS version:...
  6. keyboard won't while while computer is sideways

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard won't while while computer is sideways: I have an HP x360 13 and whenever I lie down, I still want to use my keyboard, I don't always want to use touch screen. However, my keyboard doesn't work at all when I lay the laptop sideways....
  7. FLIPPED SCREEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    FLIPPED SCREEN: My screen is flipped and Ctrl alt arrow up will not fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flipped-screen/e53d7aa2-a6e4-4d32-ba2e-ce6bc97f4ab3
  8. Flipping Screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Flipping Screens: Having trouble with scroll and pages flipping like crazy. I've tried rebooting, clearing cache, recovery, restarting, etc. but it's getting worse. The page will flip down to bottom of screen. I can't type in words in the search window because of a line that moves across it....
  9. Keyboard shortcut for moving a flipped screen display with no touch screen

Keyboard shortcut for moving a flipped screen display with no touch screen: ctrl+alt + arrow key, is the simple no- nonsense answer I needed. Please make this info available on Settings as It is nearly impossible to navigate the mousepad when a screen is flipped....
  10. Flipped out over Flipped lab top screen!

Flipped out over Flipped lab top screen!: Three year old must have had some fun. I woke up to get ready for work, turned on lab top and my morning was flipped upside down. Can anyone tell me how to flip my screen back over? When I type everything including the backspace is all backwards. It feels like I am in...