Windows 10: Using laptop as a second monitor?

Discus and support Using laptop as a second monitor? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ive been trying to use my old crappy laptop as a second moniter on my PC. My computer doesnt have wifi, its using and ethernet. I know you can project... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/givmehomburge, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Using laptop as a second monitor?

Ive been trying to use my old crappy laptop as a second moniter on my PC. My computer doesnt have wifi, its using and ethernet. I know you can project screens but i cant due to not having wifi. Is there a way to use an HDMI cable to connect the two?

submitted by /u/givmehomburge
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/givmehomburge, Aug 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

Hi Raffaele,

For us to sort out this problem with your dual monitors, we'd like to gather more information about what happened so we can address the issue appropriately. Below are a few questions we'd like to ask:

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?

While waiting for your feedback, we suggest that you disconnect the second monitor from the laptop and check if its own monitor is working. If not, restart the laptop and check again.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 15, 2020
  3. using laptop as second monitor?

looking for either a mouse/keyboard share program or some way to use my laptop as a second monitor when i am at home. The laptop is windows 8 the desktop windows 7. i tried to download a program called Synergy but it led me to some weird 3rd party download host where they want you to download their installer, or their toolbar etc etc decided to not got that route. any other suggestions?

moocow0463, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Using laptop as a second monitor?

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Using laptop as a second monitor?

1. Using laptop as a second monitor? - Similar Threads - Using laptop second

2. Using laptop as second monitor via wireless display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using laptop as second monitor via wireless display: What I want: Use my laptop as a second monitor at home. The laptop does not have HDMI in so I have to go wireless. So I have both computers setup to use the connect app, have the settings configured under "projecting to this PC", both on the same network (desktop wired and...
  3. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  4. Using Surface as second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using Surface as second monitor: I have recently started working from home using a laptop from my employer. I have a Surface tablet and would love to use miracast to use it as a secondary display for my work laptop. If I select "Connect" on my laptop only my roku appears as a device, I cannot find the...
  5. Second monitor for Surface laptop 3

Second monitor for Surface laptop 3: Hi there, I have a Surface Laptop 3 and am trying to connect it to a second monitor. On the settings page, the "detect" button does not detect a second display. I am trying to connect to a Dell monitor, model 2208WFPt, through VGA, using a VGA to Micro USB adaptor. Any ideas...
  6. Laptop won't register second monitor

Laptop won't register second monitor: Hi, this is my first post to this subreddit and I'm not even sure I'm in the right place. At my desk, I have my laptop (An Asus ROG Strix, if that matters) and my monitor (A Sharp Aquos, again, if that matters), connect by a simple HDMI cable. I've never had trouble before...
  7. Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop.

Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop.: Hello, I am attempting to use a Tv (SAMSUNG T24B350ND) as a second monitor on my Lenova Legion (Model 81q6) The second screen is croped or not scaled correctly and is cutting of the task bar. More concerning it is displaying a very low grainy resolution. Tinkering in...
  8. Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor

Laptop Won't Recognize Second Monitor: Have a Razer Blade Stealth laptop and trying to hook up an external monitor to it. Right now it won't detect the Viewsonic VG2228wm-LED monitor that I have tried to hook up. I have tried downloading the drivers from Viewsonic and that didn't do anything. Also updated the...
  9. second laptop for display monitor

second laptop for display monitor: Won't detect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/second-laptop-for-display-monitor/744493e6-624f-456e-8663-0dfc47c6b535
  10. Add a second monitor to a Dell laptop using Windows 10

Add a second monitor to a Dell laptop using Windows 10: How do I add a second monitor to a Dell laptop using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/add-a-second-monitor-to-a-dell-laptop-using/3581678e-1934-44ac-8e17-6f066025594d