Windows 10: Using laptop as a second monitor?

Discus and support Using laptop as a second monitor? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ive been trying to use my old crappy laptop as a second moniter on my PC. My computer doesnt have wifi, its using and ethernet. I know you can project... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/givmehomburge, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Using laptop as a second monitor?

Ive been trying to use my old crappy laptop as a second moniter on my PC. My computer doesnt have wifi, its using and ethernet. I know you can project screens but i cant due to not having wifi. Is there a way to use an HDMI cable to connect the two?

submitted by /u/givmehomburge
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/givmehomburge, Aug 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 does not recognise second monitor

Hi Raffaele,

For us to sort out this problem with your dual monitors, we'd like to gather more information about what happened so we can address the issue appropriately. Below are a few questions we'd like to ask:

• Does the monitor on the laptop work if you disconnect the other monitor?
    • Is the second monitor connected to the laptop using a DVI, HDMI, or DisplayPort cable?

While waiting for your feedback, we suggest that you disconnect the second monitor from the laptop and check if its own monitor is working. If not, restart the laptop and check again.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 15, 2020
  3. using laptop as second monitor?

looking for either a mouse/keyboard share program or some way to use my laptop as a second monitor when i am at home. The laptop is windows 8 the desktop windows 7. i tried to download a program called Synergy but it led me to some weird 3rd party download host where they want you to download their installer, or their toolbar etc etc decided to not got that route. any other suggestions?

moocow0463, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Using laptop as a second monitor?

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Using laptop as a second monitor?

1. Using laptop as a second monitor? - Similar Threads - Using laptop second

2. laptop to laptop as a second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop to laptop as a second monitor: i have two laptop. i want to use my principal laptop as host of a second laptop, and that second laptop, use it as a second monitor and extend both monitors, i could do that wireless, but i want to do it via cable, for example hdmi or usbc. i tried both and not working. any...
  3. Use laptop as the second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use laptop as the second monitor: I want to use my laptop as a second monitor for my desktop, but its not possible using physical cable. I tried using screen projecting on Windows but the laptop eventually became quite delay. What cause this to happen?...
  4. Use laptop as the second monitor

Use laptop as the second monitor: I want to use my laptop as a second monitor for my desktop, but its not possible using physical cable. I tried using screen projecting on Windows but the laptop eventually became quite delay. What cause this to happen?...
  5. Laptop as second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop as second monitor: Hello today i tried to set up my laptop as a second monitor through pc projection and everything seems okay until I try to actually connect then it gives me a security errorPlease help...
  6. Laptop as second monitor

Laptop as second monitor: Hello today i tried to set up my laptop as a second monitor through pc projection and everything seems okay until I try to actually connect then it gives me a security errorPlease help...
  7. Using another laptop as a second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using another laptop as a second monitor: Having problems casting/projecting from one laptop to another. Both have Windows 11. They can detect each other but just won't connect/project. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-another-laptop-as-a-second-monitor/fcbf088f-038d-41d6-b54d-f80858d7eecc
  8. Using another laptop as a second monitor

Using another laptop as a second monitor: Having problems casting/projecting from one laptop to another. Both have Windows 11. They can detect each other but just won't connect/project. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-another-laptop-as-a-second-monitor/fcbf088f-038d-41d6-b54d-f80858d7eecc
  9. Laptop as second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop as second monitor: Hi, i try to use my laptop as second monitor but on my main pc there is not option to connect to this laptop... Can be one on wi-fi and second on ethernet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-as-second-monitor/606b7f2d-ada9-482d-b682-69935623bf4a
  10. Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop.: Hello, I am attempting to use a Tv (SAMSUNG T24B350ND) as a second monitor on my Lenova Legion (Model 81q6) The second screen is croped or not scaled correctly and is cutting of the task bar. More concerning it is displaying a very low grainy resolution. Tinkering in...