Windows 10: Using Laptop Webcam to Stream on my PC

Discus and support Using Laptop Webcam to Stream on my PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC does not come with a built-in camera. Is it possible to use the camera on my laptop to stream on my PC using OBS?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hunter Boniface, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Using Laptop Webcam to Stream on my PC

My PC does not come with a built-in camera. Is it possible to use the camera on my laptop to stream on my PC using OBS?

:)

Hunter Boniface, Apr 8, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

install webcam on msi laptop

Hi 1papertiger,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about installing webcam on MSI laptops.

Most laptops have a built-in webcam on it, If it's not working, there's a problem with the driver or settings of it.

Step1: I request you to check for Hidden Devices in Device Manager. Please refer to these steps:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b. Click on View and select Show Hidden Devices.

c. Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.

d. If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.

e. Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.

Step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter and check if you receive any error messages.

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.

b. Click on it and click on Hardware and Sound.

c. Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompted steps.

If the laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam on it, you would need to purchase an external webcam, plug it on your laptop and driver will download automatically.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Apr 8, 2020
  3. How to connect RJ-11 port Webcam with my laptop.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and in this scenario, we need to know whether the Webcam is compatible to Windows version installed on the PC. Normally the PC/laptop will come with RJ45 port and as the Webcam is having RJ11 port, we might require a converter/adaptor.

I would suggest you to check the Webcam, if it is compatible to Windows version installed. If yes, then use your favorite search engine to find online for a RJ11 to RJ45 converter/adaptor. If no, then you need to check with the webcam manufacturer
    for driver that will help you to connect the webcam and the PC.

To have a clarity on the issue, we would like to know some information.

• What is the make and model of the webcam and laptop?
    • What is the version of Windows?

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Using Laptop Webcam to Stream on my PC

laptop webcam is out of order

Since you've mentioned that you already tried checking for the webcam driver, we suggest running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. This will diagnose and resolve hardware related issues. To do so, please refer to these steps:

• From the Start menu, type troubleshooting and then press Enter.
    • Under Hardware and Sound, click Configure a device.
    • The troubleshooter will open, click Next.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Using Laptop Webcam to Stream on my PC

1. Using Laptop Webcam to Stream on my PC - Similar Threads - Using Laptop Webcam

2. using webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using webcam: How do I record video with the webcam while in a program other the the camera app.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-webcam/26c1e40d-fe2a-4580-883e-62d23ac4428a
  3. using webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using webcam: How do I record video with the webcam while in a program other the the camera app.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-webcam/26c1e40d-fe2a-4580-883e-62d23ac4428a
  4. USE HDR Streaming = No

in Windows 10 Customization
    USE HDR Streaming = No: I have a Intel NUC NUC8i5BEH - i5 8259U with the Iris 655+ on board graphics chip. This combination should support 4K HDR.I acquired a Samsung LS32AM702UNXZA monitor - HDR10 capable.I have the Samsung driver for the monitor installed. According to DXDIAG compared against MS...
  5. CamProviiders.exe is using my webcam.

in Windows 10 Support
    CamProviiders.exe is using my webcam.: A popup at the top of my screen say "CamProvider.exe is using the webcam." It is the same popup I get when using Zoom. When I start Zoom I have both popups. Does anyone know what camprovider.exe is? 170116
  6. Webcam problem in my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam problem in my laptop: i own a msi GV62VR7RF laptop bought in the year 2018. Initially the webcam was working fine but after some time the webcam stopped working. i tried downloading every driver every method of turning the webcam on but none of them worked. after some windows updates the device is...
  7. My laptop's webcam is not working.

My laptop's webcam is not working.: When I open the camera app it says that we can't find your camera. in other apps Zoom meetings it also shows the same message [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptops-webcam-is-not-working/a64ad1a0-aa27-4937-8a7b-20f458e6e79a
  8. WEbcams will not work on my PC

WEbcams will not work on my PC: I have purchased two webcams, both HD 1080P, both said plug and play, and both will not work. I suspect it is a problem with windows 10, possibly updates as I can go to windows updates and download any updates shown. Once downloaded each says "in preparation" and the % done...
  9. using my webcam

using my webcam: I would like to know how to use my web cam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-my-webcam/3ac46fba-d468-4688-91ce-5be8b9495e80
  10. My laptop USED to have a webcam... Compaq CQ56 102SA

My laptop USED to have a webcam... Compaq CQ56 102SA: My laptop USED to have a built-in webcam that worked! That is, until the latest Windows 10 update. I am sure I used it about a month ago. I have tried downloading the driver, because the webcam does not even appear in Device Manager. According to HP website is could be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. streaming on pc using laptop cam

2. stream from desktop while using webcam from laptop

3. how to use laptop webcam for my pc