Windows 10: using legitimate windows oem license

Discus and support using legitimate windows oem license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I built a custom Pc couple of years ago, and the seller installed a windows 10 enterprise on my Pc. for the past year windows been asking me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MoAbdelkader, May 20, 2020.

1. using legitimate windows oem license

I built a custom Pc couple of years ago, and the seller installed a windows 10 enterprise on my Pc. for the past year windows been asking me to activate it, which I could not think it is a pirated copy.

now I bought a genuine OEM windows pro 64 license with CD.

When I try to change the product on key to the new one, I get an error code 0xc0020036.

what should I do? I need to be able to activate the new genuine license while keeping all my files and game. It will be an enormous hassle to re-install/download everything 8TB worth of stuff, cannot do it.

Can you help me please?

:)

MoAbdelkader, May 20, 2020

2. Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, May 20, 2020
  3. Obtaining a Legitimate OEM License

I have recently completed my 1st PC build and would now like to obtain an OEM version of Windows 10 home. My understanding is that since I have build the computer myself I should be eligible to obtain the OEM version as opposed to a full retail version.
    The OEM version is more appealing as I have seen it offered at a quarter of the price of the full retail version.

Where can I obtain a legitimate OEM version of Windows 10 home? Why is it that microsoft seemingly do not sell this software version directly? How can I be 100% sure that the OEM key / version being paid for is 100% legit?

Many thanks to anyone who can help me!

TeflonCoated, May 20, 2020
  4. using legitimate windows oem license

Windows 10 OEM Licensing

Hi

I have a few questions about windows 10 OEM licensing:

1. Is OEM licensing acceptable for business use?
    2. What restrictions does OEM licensing have other than the transfer rights?
    3. Can the OS be reloaded without breaching the license agreement, and if so, can I also replace the HDD with an SSD?
    4. What other hardware upgrades can be done under OEM licensing?
    5. What would be a breach of OEM licensing?
    6. What benefits would a business get if they move to Microsoft 365 vs OEM?
    Thanks in advace

Adriaan Rautenbach, May 20, 2020
Thema:

using legitimate windows oem license

1. using legitimate windows oem license - Similar Threads - using legitimate oem

2. Windows OEM license Re-use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows OEM license Re-use: Hi , I brought a new laptop today , which has got Windows 11 and is OEM licenses.How can i save this copy of windows so that in case in future if i format this laptop, a genuine Windows is installed?or how i can re-use this license on same laptop in case i format it in...
  3. Windows OEM license Re-use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows OEM license Re-use: Hi , I brought a new laptop today , which has got Windows 11 and is OEM licenses.How can i save this copy of windows so that in case in future if i format this laptop, a genuine Windows is installed?or how i can re-use this license on same laptop in case i format it in...
  4. Is there a way to use an OEM license in a vm?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to use an OEM license in a vm?: I currently have a Linux distro on my PC, and I want to install windowsI used to have Windows as my main os on it.Just wanted to ask if there is any way to tie the oem license to the vm?If not, is there something else I can do without the risk of losing the ability to use...
  5. Is there a way to use an OEM license in a vm?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to use an OEM license in a vm?: I currently have a Linux distro on my PC, and I want to install windowsI used to have Windows as my main os on it.Just wanted to ask if there is any way to tie the oem license to the vm?If not, is there something else I can do without the risk of losing the ability to use...
  6. Is there a way to use an OEM license in a vm?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. OEM windows licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM windows licensing: who do we talk to in Microsoft for windows licensing for laptop manufacturer OEM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-windows-licensing/b4f035a1-2463-4285-a7dc-9ee516eb352e
  8. Reactivating windows using OEM license

Reactivating windows using OEM license: Alright so my laptop has OEM license , I need to format the pc now but im afraid of losing the license if after the format. I just need to know can I reactivate my laptop after the format using the product key i have when i got the license ? If so i would like to know how...
  9. Windows OEM Licenses

Windows OEM Licenses: I am starting a business as a system integrator and I want to buy OEM windows 10 licenses from Microsoft and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-oem-licenses/4ed0a0a4-ba10-4c25-b96f-eaabd1ef1052"
  10. How to legally use an OEM license.

How to legally use an OEM license.: Since MS has continued to use their asinine licensing for OEM copies, I am trying to find a way to use this license for the PCs I build for myself. I am fully aware that the OEM license is tied to the motherboard and have no problem with that. Here is the language from the...