Windows 10: Using libraries as default

Discus and support Using libraries as default in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all I have this laptop HP255G6 its been running okay. The documents photos are stored on an external ssd. Now I want to get it back to the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by menu, Mar 15, 2019.

1. menu Win User

Using libraries as default

Hi all
    I have this laptop HP255G6 its been running okay. The documents photos are stored on an external ssd.
    Now I want to get it back to the default settings.
    Documents in the document folder on the internal ssd and so forth the photos back to the dfault on the internal ssd.
    I have plenty of space on the C drive to hold what documents that I have, Been busy having a good clean out.
    To my question How can I get the documents from the external ssd to the original documents folder on the C drive and same for the photos.
    I have all the documents all backed up twice.I do want this to run as it should be.
    Any Help Please.
    Many thanks. I would be vert grateful for you help.
    Ta.

:)

2. Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Delete a Library in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I would suggest you to restore the Libraries and then try deleting the Library folder.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.
    • Locate Libraries from the left pane.
    • Right click on Libraries and select Restore default libraries option from the list.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 15, 2019
  4. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Using libraries as default :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Using libraries as default - Similar Threads - Using libraries default

2. restoring default libraries with bad results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restoring default libraries with bad results: I find my computer has a plethora of confusing library folders and decide it's time to start over. I click "restore default libraries" and the results are still too numerous and clearly not the windows default at install time. Where or how are the default libraries set...
  3. Is there a way to have my custom Libraries shown with Windows 10 default Libraries?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have my custom Libraries shown with Windows 10 default Libraries?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ewnr4f9be4e61.jpg?width=241&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8b3b83e386ff645281a4f171e3ef53f90d0daaa3 submitted by /u/goar101reddit [link] [comments]...
  4. Default Library location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Library location: How do I restore the libraries to their default location. I have tried bringing up properties on the default library folder and changing location to the default but it says it can't continue because the destination location already gas a folder by that name. Why doesn't it...
  5. Changing Default Library Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Default Library Icons?: Okay so I know this has to do with registry editing. The problem is I don't know how to do it. The ones I want to change the most are these: To clarify I do not mean the ones under C:/User/Me" but "This PC" as you see below. [img] I refuse to believe this cannot be...
  6. Editing the default WMP library?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Editing the default WMP library?: I expect this is embarrassingly obvious, but in WMP how do I reduce the content of its Library, which by default appears to include everything on my PC, including backups etc. My illustration is more specific: [img] 1. How do I delete these external HDs from the...
  7. Setting default locations for libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting default locations for libraries: Hi, I have 3 drives total, and have tried to set the default locations of all the libraries (documents, pictures etc) to a drive that is not the OS one. These are my drives: [img] I want the libraries on (G:) instead of (C:). [img] I went onto...
  8. How to remove one or more default libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove one or more default libraries: Is it possible to remove a default library? For example I don't want the Videos library at all, I'd like to remove it from the system. Deleting the related folder does not make it's icon disappear from the navigation panel. EDIT: I mean it can be removed from the Libraries...
  9. Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Libraries in Windows 10 remove folders and drives to be included in a library as you like. Windows 10 has the Videos libraries by default. If you mistakenly delete any of the default libraries,...
  10. Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Settings of Library in Windows 10 [img] Information default save location and public save location for the library. This tutorial will show you how to completely restore the default...