Windows 10: Using License Key from a Formatted Laptop

Discus and support Using License Key from a Formatted Laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I've finished building a desktop and will sell my laptop. If I completely format my laptop that has my windows 10 on it, can I use that laptop's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hani_han, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Hani_han Win User

Using License Key from a Formatted Laptop

Hi, I've finished building a desktop and will sell my laptop. If I completely format my laptop that has my windows 10 on it, can I use that laptop's windows 10 license key to activate windows 10 on my desktop?

:)

Hani_han, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Aug 4, 2019
  3. GLD
    GLD Win User
    Retail Vista license format on Toshiba laptop, possible OEM.

A friends Toshiba laptop just got hosed and he never made a system backup of his factory OS/programs. I own Vista Ultimate 32/64 and want to format and fresh install his OS with my disk. I am not sure at this time if his COA is OEM or what. Will I be able to format with my disk on his lappy and have it accept his license?

4. Using License Key from a Formatted Laptop

Windows Format Configuration (time)

Hi Joc,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps you to change the time format.

• Press Windows key + X key, clicking Control Panel, clicking
      Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking
      Region.
    • Click the Formats tab, and then, in the
      Format list, select the Match Windows display language (recommended)
      under Format.
    • Check if the h: mm: tt is available under Short time and
      Long time format.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Using License Key from a Formatted Laptop

1. Using License Key from a Formatted Laptop - Similar Threads - Using License Key

2. Transfer Win10Pro license key from stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Win10Pro license key from stolen laptop: Hi,I bought Retail BOX Win10Pro flash drive and installed it on my laptop. not so far my laptop was stolen. Is it possible to transfer license key to my new laptop?ThanksAlex...
  3. Transfer Win10Pro license key from stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Win10Pro license key from stolen laptop: Hi,I bought Retail BOX Win10Pro flash drive and installed it on my laptop. not so far my laptop was stolen. Is it possible to transfer license key to my new laptop?ThanksAlex...
  4. Transfer Win10Pro license key from stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro

License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro: Hello. I need to format my PC and do a clean install, but I have to questions: 1.- I currently have Windows 10 Pro activated with a digital license key. Do I need to uninstall the key before formatting? 2.- I used the MediaCreationTool22H2 to download a copy of Windows 10,...
  6. License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro: Hello. I need to format my PC and do a clean install, but I have to questions: 1.- I currently have Windows 10 Pro activated with a digital license key. Do I need to uninstall the key before formatting? 2.- I used the MediaCreationTool22H2 to download a copy of Windows 10,...
  7. License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Upgrading from Home to pro using digital license key

Upgrading from Home to pro using digital license key: I had a win 10 pro digital license key in my old laptop. I associated with it my online MS account. Now i bought a new laptop with win 10 Home pre-installed and after signing in with my online MS account, it shows that win10 home digital license key is linked to my MS...
  9. RE-using windows license on formatted pc

RE-using windows license on formatted pc: My situation is that I need to completely format my drives, the windows drive included, because resetting through windows settings fails. I have a retail license, connected to this account. After wiping clean the windows drive, and installing windows again through ISO file-...
  10. Can I use license key from old laptop, even if its "OA" ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use license key from old laptop, even if its "OA" ?: I have a broken old laptop. However, it does have one useful thing: a Win7 license key. Can I use this key to install Win7 on a desktop and upgrade to Win10? The laptop authenticity sticker on the underside says its "Home Premium OA" and OA I think means its already...