Windows 10: using light switches would lead the screen to black out for 1 second !

Discus and support using light switches would lead the screen to black out for 1 second ! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop i connected to a tv screen and a projector , i got to notice that whenever anybody turns on or off the light switches across the house... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Feb 26, 2019.

1. using light switches would lead the screen to black out for 1 second !

I have a laptop i connected to a tv screen and a projector , i got to notice that whenever anybody turns on or off the light switches across the house the connected screens turn off for one second before entering search mode then coming back on . i started thinking its the laptop being connected to electric grid so unplugged it and let it be on batteries yet the problem continued . i changed both hdmi and vga cable used but still , i cant set neither the tv nor the projector on UPS to test partly because i do not have one and isn't worth it to have one but yet this problem never happens to either of em when connected to cable boxes / satallite receivers , so any idea what might be the cause and how to stop it ?

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Feb 26, 2019

2. Screen does not light up when laptop switched on

My laptop was working fine when I switched on early this morning. However, when I switched on later, the screen was black although the various indicator lights were flashing, which suggested that the computer was working without a display. Suggestions
    please.

MoonCottage, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Screen does not light up when laptop switched on

If you are getting nothing on the screen at power on, including the maker's logo, etc, and it remains black that normally indicates a hardware problem.

It may very well be a graphics hardware problem, but it will have to be tested.

I suggest that you take it to a computer repair shop and get it tested.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Feb 26, 2019
  4. using light switches would lead the screen to black out for 1 second !

Screen does not light up when laptop switched on

If you are getting nothing on the screen at power on, including the maker's logo, etc, and it remains black that normally indicates a hardware problem.

It may very well be a graphics hardware problem, but it will have to be tested.

I suggest that you take it to a computer repair shop and get it tested.

Cheers.

Please see below and thanks for your answer

MoonCottage, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

using light switches would lead the screen to black out for 1 second !

1. using light switches would lead the screen to black out for 1 second ! - Similar Threads - using light switches

2. windows 11 periodic black screen for 1-10 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 periodic black screen for 1-10 seconds: Periodically Windows 11 periodically black screens and recovers. most of the time it will happen within 2-5 minute intervals, with sometimes it lasting up to 10 seconds but usually no more than 2 seconds. This happens no matter how many updates and drivers settings updates i...
  3. windows 11 periodic black screen for 1-10 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 periodic black screen for 1-10 seconds: Periodically Windows 11 periodically black screens and recovers. most of the time it will happen within 2-5 minute intervals, with sometimes it lasting up to 10 seconds but usually no more than 2 seconds. This happens no matter how many updates and drivers settings updates i...
  4. Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs: When I use the Windows button to go to another program, use Alt-Tab, and even the "Show Desktop" button, the screen goes black for around 3-5 seconds.This is happening to games like Roblox, Rainbow 6 Siege, CS2, Valorant, and even the Steam app.Sometimes when switching from...
  5. Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs

Screen going black for a few seconds when switching out or tabbing out of games and programs: When I use the Windows button to go to another program, use Alt-Tab, and even the "Show Desktop" button, the screen goes black for around 3-5 seconds.This is happening to games like Roblox, Rainbow 6 Siege, CS2, Valorant, and even the Steam app.Sometimes when switching from...
  6. Screen blacks Out For Half A Second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blacks Out For Half A Second: I noticed that this started happening last week. My screen will black out for a micro second at random. Some times it happens so fast that I'm not even sure if it happened or not. This morning, it blinked while I was on You Tube and everything blacked out except for a You...
  7. Screen blacks Out For Half A Second

Screen blacks Out For Half A Second: I noticed that this started happening last week. My screen will black out for a micro second at random. Some times it happens so fast that I'm not even sure if it happened or not. This morning, it blinked while I was on You Tube and everything blacked out except for a You...
  8. Screen blacks Out For Half A Second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Laptop black screen, only boots for 3 seconds and keyboard lights on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop black screen, only boots for 3 seconds and keyboard lights on: Hi!This morning my Huawei MateBook X Pro instantly shut off without any error message. I managed to restart it and opened the Event Viewer, but the computer then froze, not allowing me to use the mouse, any shortcuts or even toggle the Fn or Caps Lock keys. I restarted it...
  10. very random black screen for 1 second and opens again.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    very random black screen for 1 second and opens again.: Hello team, i am very confused by what is happening, i just build a new computer specs below : I9-9900K RTX 2070 super aorus Z390 elite 16gb ram two slots cooler master liquid cooling 240L i have my windows up to date so as i my motherboard drivers and installed,...