Windows 10: using local password with microsoft account

Discus and support using local password with microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager. If I use... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Chrysalis, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Chrysalis Win User

using local password with microsoft account

So I have a complex password for my online Microsoft account, I never type it in, its used with a secure clipboard from a password manager.

If I use a Microsoft account with windows 10 it also uses the password which is a pain to type in, is there no way to use a local password for windows auth whilst having the account tied to a Microsoft account?

:)

Chrysalis, Jul 20, 2015
  2. WizardWN Win User

Mirosoft Account and Local Account

Yes. Change the local account password to match Microsoft password.

If you have more than one local account, all local accounts can have same password.

WizardWN, Jul 20, 2015
  3. Can't change login password when starting Microsoft 10

There are two types of account in Windows 10 , one is local account and the other one is Microsoft account. If you use Microsoft Account (it is an email) and change your password , passwords for all accounts will be change. In this case, what you should
    do is switch to Local Account (which is independent from Microsoft Account) and change your password. In this case, you won't change password for Microsoft account but you only change password for local account.

Open start and go to Settings and Accounts , Your Account and there you could Switch to Local account and once you did that, go to Sign in options and change password there.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jul 20, 2015
  4. using local password with microsoft account

paulsalter, Jul 20, 2015
  5. Chrysalis Win User
    ok will try that thanks.

Chrysalis, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

using local password with microsoft account

1. using local password with microsoft account - Similar Threads - using local password

2. win 10 local account password vs microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    win 10 local account password vs microsoft account: Why, if we use microsoft account signin does windows 10 not update the local account to use the same password? For example, say you setup your new computer with a password, then after first login you decide to configure login with your microsoft account. The old local account...
  3. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...: Hi,I am getting confused need help to clarify if possible.Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two different things?Case 1. When we turn on computer there is a screen shows login, is that called Password of local account in Windows...
  4. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...: Hi,I am getting confused need help to clarify if possible.Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two different things?Case 1. When we turn on computer there is a screen shows login, is that called Password of local account in Windows...
  5. Password of local account in Windows 10 and Microsoft account password are they two...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User account configuration - Microsoft Account with local password: I recently realized that my account at Windows 10 is configured in a "strange way". I have local account, but it seems to be connected with Microsoft Account it can be seen on activation screen. In control panel settings my user account is listed as local account "Konto...
  7. Microsoft Account using local password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account using local password: Hi, I recently bought a new SurfacePro to replace my older laptop and desktop. When setting up initially I was unable to connect to the internet. I had to set up with a local username and temporary I thought password. When I was able to connect I entered my Microsoft ID...
  8. use windows 10 with microsoft account or local account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    use windows 10 with microsoft account or local account?: i rememebr it was a requirement to sign into my new pc with a microsoft account, so i made one, but i dont find a use for it and i saw one of my friends use a local account. i want to log out of my microsoft account on my pc and delete the account, i dont use any microsoft...
  9. Use microsoft store on local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use microsoft store on local account: I just converted my win10 machine to local account, but found out that microsoft store does not work on local account. All guides online seem to be 2-3 yrs old and not work. How to use it on local account? Am on win10 pro version 1909 submitted by /u/f36a [link]...
  10. Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problems with Local (NOT Microsoft Account) Password: 1. There is no option to change the password when I press CTRL-ALT-DELETE. 2. When I try to change the password using Windows 10 Settings, I can only change the password to my Microsoft account, not the password I use to log into the laptop. 3. My account is an...