Windows 10: Using Macrum Reflect with UEFI

Discus and support Using Macrum Reflect with UEFI in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I downloaded Macrum Reflect Free a few months ago, made a boot disk, and it booted on my old BIOS/MBR computer with no problems. The computer failed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Jim8080, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Jim8080 Win User

Using Macrum Reflect with UEFI

I downloaded Macrum Reflect Free a few months ago, made a boot disk, and it booted on my old BIOS/MBR computer with no problems. The computer failed, and I purchased a new Dell i3670 with UEFI. UEFI has some downsides. I have discovered.

The boot disk no longer works. How can I get a free (or pay) version for
    UEFI?

Jim

:)

Jim8080, Jan 27, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Using Macrum Reflect with UEFI [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jan 27, 2019
  4. dark2099 Win User

AsRock Z77 Pro3 - AHCI? UEFI?

UEFI is a new standard of bios design, so that would probably be what the BIOS has listed as the first boot option, where ACHI is a mode that SATA controllers run, and that is probably listing drives by order of first to last by port order. Not sure why it would list that way (if my guess is right as to how/why it is listing the drives).

dark2099, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Using Macrum Reflect with UEFI - Similar Threads - Using Macrum Reflect

2. Macrum Reflect did a thing (Userbench website hates me!!!)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrum Reflect did a thing (Userbench website hates me!!!): Long ago I upgraded my C: drive from a 500 GB samgung 860 evo SSD to a 1 TB SSD of the same brand.type via macrium reflect image cloning. I never bothered to correct what it did, but ever since then, whenever I did any benchmarking with userbench to see how it ranks my setup,...
  3. Macrum Reflect did a thing (Userbench website hates me!!!)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrum Reflect did a thing (Userbench website hates me!!!): Long ago I upgraded my C: drive from a 500 GB samgung 860 evo SSD to a 1 TB SSD of the same brand.type via macrium reflect image cloning. I never bothered to correct what it did, but ever since then, whenever I did any benchmarking with userbench to see how it ranks my setup,...
  4. Using Macrium Reflect

Using Macrium Reflect: I'm not confident about using this. Googling tells me Launch Macrium Reflect from your Start menu, desktop or taskbar. Click the disk you want to clone. ... Click Clone this disk Click Select a disk to clone to I've done this but it's not obvious where/what you Click or...
  5. Can't restore image made with Reflect and using Reflect

Can't restore image made with Reflect and using Reflect: I made an image on my Dell xps 13 (win10pro) while running fine. I tried to install a win10 image from another notebook using redeploy. It wouldn't work as it said I had to have a paid version on the xps. So I corrupted the xps by installing the new image so it won't boot. I...
  6. Using Macrum Reflect with UEFI

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Macrum Reflect with UEFI: I downloaded Macrum Reflect Free a few months ago, made a boot disk, and it booted on my old BIOS/MBR computer with no problems. The computer failed, and I purchased a new Dell i3670 with UEFI. UEFI has some downsides. I have discovered. The boot disk no longer works. How...
  7. Macrium Reflect v7.1 Use of RoboCopy

Macrium Reflect v7.1 Use of RoboCopy: [img] [img] More info at The source Backup Folder Synchronization - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase This only applies to The Paid Version 94516
  8. Macrum reflect free clone failed.

Macrum reflect free clone failed.: Hi everyone. I've previously had no problems with Macron reflect either imaging or cloning my 2Tb HD, but these last few days I've had an error when cloning - broken pipe. The only thing different from last time I cloned is I had to use DISM to repair a problem,...
  9. Reflect Restore UEFI boot from USB problem!

Reflect Restore UEFI boot from USB problem!: Resulting from a bad restore from restore point, I now must restore an image from an external drive currently connected by USB. The Reflect rescue/boot is on a flash drive that is currently plugged into the machine’s USB. The problem: figuring out from the F12...
  10. Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect: I am in the process of creating an Image of HP Pavillion DVT7 2200 Notebook now. Once it completes I would really appreciate getting some steps to follow to restore it. The Laptop I have Macrium Reflect running on now will have the HD replaced as it on the verge of failing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems with macrium reflect in win 10

2. dell uefi macrium

3. imaging win 10 pcs with eufi macrium

4. uefi macrium,
  5. cloning a UEFI disk using Macrium RFefrect,
  6. Use macrum reflect with uefi