Windows 10: Using Microphone stops my audio

Discus and support Using Microphone stops my audio in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I've been having problems with my JBL Charge 3 Speaker which comes with a built in microphone. I've been using this with Zoom for the whole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TYLM, Jul 14, 2020.

1. TYLM Win User

Using Microphone stops my audio

Hi there,

I've been having problems with my JBL Charge 3 Speaker which comes with a built in microphone. I've been using this with Zoom for the whole covid lockdown period and it has been working fine the last 3 months.

Suddenly when i turn on Zoom, all my audio from the speaker stops. My friends can hear me but nothing comes out from the speaker. I thought it was a Zoom issue, but when I was meddling around with the sound settings, i notice that when i change my tab to the "recording" tab, similar, all my sounds stop as well.

Using Microphone stops my audio e939e8f2-e837-41cb-8b16-44245fba429b?upload=true.png

When i switch back to the "playback" tab, my sounds resume.

Using Microphone stops my audio 6688e885-56eb-4354-8eb6-993cbc282d46?upload=true.png

Honestly i'm not sure what's going on. Does anyone know how to deal with this? I find it strange that it used to work but suddenly doesn't now.

:)

2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Unable to use microphones

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the recording. I will be glad to assist you with this issue.

This might be due to some incorrect audio settings or it might be due to the outdated audio HD drivers. Let’s try the following methods and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Step 1:

Make sure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.
    Step 2: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

a) Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

b) Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

c) Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

d) Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

e) Click Apply and OK.

Now, check the issue. If it is already enabled, then try the next method and check the issue.

Method 2: Run Recording Audio Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 8 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the recording audio devices and its settings. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Recording Audio”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    If this does not help, then let’s try updating the sound card drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 3: Update the Sound Card Drivers.

Step 1: Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates.

Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the computer or sound card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 8 audio drivers available for the sound card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope the above suggestion helps. If you need further assistance, get back to us and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Using Microphone stops my audio

Unable to use Microphone

Hi Braden,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. What is the make and model of the PC?
    4. Have you tried using a different headset?
    5. Did you try using the Microphone on a different PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Try running the Microphone troubleshooter.

1. Go to Settings >
      Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    2. Under Find and fix problems look for
      Recoding Audio.
    3. Click on Recording Audio and click
      Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2:

Try changing the accessibility settings of Microphone. Refer the article

Fix microphone problems

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Using Microphone stops my audio

1. Using Microphone stops my audio - Similar Threads - Using Microphone stops

2. When my microphone is active, my audio stops working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When my microphone is active, my audio stops working.: I don't know when this started but I know this problem wasn't occurring before.Some quick stats. I use AVG Driver Updater to update drivers and I update often. Except I don't update the touchpad on my laptop as the update removes features that makes it harder to use. I...
  3. When my microphone is active, my audio stops working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When my microphone is active, my audio stops working.: I don't know when this started but I know this problem wasn't occurring before.Some quick stats. I use AVG Driver Updater to update drivers and I update often. Except I don't update the touchpad on my laptop as the update removes features that makes it harder to use. I...
  4. When my microphone is active, my audio stops working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No audio to my Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio to my Microphone: all microphones except my Bluetooth one will not generate any sound PS if I record something like a Youtube video in a recording the internal sound does come through but if I speak into my Boom Microphone or built in Real in the PC no sound the sound shows in the text bar but...
  6. No audio to my Microphone

No audio to my Microphone: all microphones except my Bluetooth one will not generate any sound PS if I record something like a Youtube video in a recording the internal sound does come through but if I speak into my Boom Microphone or built in Real in the PC no sound the sound shows in the text bar but...
  7. Microphone uses desktop audio instead of my voice.

Microphone uses desktop audio instead of my voice.: All of my audio including people's voices are playing through my microphone on discord, teamspeak, game chat etc. and I can't seem to fix it. Its not my microphone because when I mute my mic on my headset the audio still plays. I have tried disabling all of the other audio...
  8. Microphone uses desktop audio instead of my voice.

Microphone uses desktop audio instead of my voice.: All of my audio including people's voices are playing through my microphone on discord, teamspeak, game chat etc. and I can't seem to fix it. Its not my microphone because when I mute my mic on my headset the audio still plays. I have tried disabling all of the other audio...
  9. No Audio When Microphone Is In Use

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio When Microphone Is In Use: Hi, I've recently built my new PC and installed Windows 10 Education since its offered free to me as a college student. I've had no problems with it so far except for an issue where when the microphone is in use (as in when there is a microphone icon in the bottom right...
  10. Music Stops If I Use My Microphone

Music Stops If I Use My Microphone: I'm using a wireless bluetooth headset (HyperX MIX). If I'm listening to music (on Spotify) and I try to use my microphone (e.g. in the browser, Discord, League of Legends) then my music stops entirely. If I go and view the playback devices volume indicator and I turn up the...