Windows 10: Using microsoft account to reset pin on device

Discus and support Using microsoft account to reset pin on device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can I use my microsoft account on one device to change the settings on a different device? I bought and set up an Acer laptop yesterday. Bought windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarolShooter, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Using microsoft account to reset pin on device

Can I use my microsoft account on one device to change the settings on a different device? I bought and set up an Acer laptop yesterday. Bought windows and set it up. Today my laptop says: 'Your PIN is no longer available due to a change on the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to Settings>Accounts>Sign-in options'

but i cant access settings on the laptop because when i try i just keep getting the message telling me to access settings!

i can access my microsoft account on my phone and i can see the device there linked to the the account.

Is there any way of sorting out the PIN problem on my laptop from my microsoft account on my phone?

many thanks!

:)

CarolShooter, Jun 30, 2019

2. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Using microsoft account to reset pin on device

Can't reset my PIN

Hi SQxAe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    2. Is the system connected with Wired or wireless connection?

If you are using wireless connection, I suggest you to plug in to the Ethernet cable and try entering the password. I also suggest you to change the Microsoft password by login to
    login.live.com from other device. Try entering the password through
    on-screen keyboard.

I also suggest you to enable build-in admin account using command prompt from WinRE, follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Step: Enable built-in admin from WinRE.

1. On the login screen click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
    2. Hold Shift key and click on restart.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot.
    4. Click on Advanced options.
    5. Click on Command Prompt.
    6. Type the command net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter key.
    7. Once logged in to the built in admin account, try changing the current user account password.

If you are unable to change the password for the account, I suggest you to create a new user account. Follow the steps from the article to create a new user account

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    PIN sign-in issues
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Using microsoft account to reset pin on device

1. Using microsoft account to reset pin on device - Similar Threads - Using microsoft account

2. Password reset using pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password reset using pin: I forgot my win10 password but I remember my pin. Is there any way to restore or disable my password without losing data. I have tried using the command 'net user administrator *' in cmd as administrator but it doesn't't work.Can anyone help me please?...
  3. Password reset using pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password reset using pin: I forgot my win10 password but I remember my pin. Is there any way to restore or disable my password without losing data. I have tried using the command 'net user administrator *' in cmd as administrator but it doesn't't work.Can anyone help me please?...
  4. Password reset using pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft account pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account pin: Hello i cant log in to my microsoft account in microsoft store or add it to my pc becouse every time i try to log in it asks me for a windows hello pin wich i dont have couse i never set it up and i cant find a away to reset it....
  6. Microsoft account pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft account pin: Hello i cant log in to my microsoft account in microsoft store or add it to my pc becouse every time i try to log in it asks me for a windows hello pin wich i dont have couse i never set it up and i cant find a away to reset it....
  7. Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked the device from Microsoft account. Forgot Windows PIN. Reset PC does not work.: I set the Windows PIN on my laptop but did not choose the other sign-in options, so opening the laptop is limited to Windows PIN. I locked the device using my Microsoft account. Unfortunately, I mixed up my PIN and forgot what it was. Now I can't log into my laptop anymore. I...
  8. Cannot reset Microsoft account PIN

Cannot reset Microsoft account PIN: Entered Safe mode to delete display driver due to shaking screen. Now screen isn't shaking, but I see my picture, name and the messages, "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." "Set up my PIN" None of this works and I have tried all...
  9. Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Another user on this device uses this Microsoft account: Hi there, having an issue: When I build a computer I start with a local account. Later I'll change to my Microsoft account. On my current rig I tried this, got to the step where it asks for my Microsoft account credentials and then my local account password. At this point I...
  10. Reset Microsoft account for device

Reset Microsoft account for device: How do I help someone with memory loss where they have forgotten all their security questions and not sure if they have purchased anything from Microsoft. We followed the account.live.com/acsr?uaid=b9f28555aad70002a895f2b9d7aaxxxx sample link provided and completed with...