Windows 10: Using Microsoft cryptographic API

Discus and support Using Microsoft cryptographic API in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am using Visual studio and developing application. I come across Bcrypt.h header - Win32 apps Microsoft Docs Microsoft cryptographic library.I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Swanand18, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Swanand18 Win User

Using Microsoft cryptographic API

I am using Visual studio and developing application. I come across Bcrypt.h header - Win32 apps Microsoft Docs Microsoft cryptographic library.I would like to know If there any additional license cost of using this library or we can use it as part of normal SDK. Is there any patent or cost using this library in our application?I also observe some cryptographic algorithms like Ed25519 and curve25519 interfaces are not present in above library. Any reason for it?Any recommendation from where we can use those API?

:)

Swanand18, Apr 22, 2022

2. Cryptographic API problem in Windows 10

I use Windows 10 for my OS, and Mozy to back up encrypted documents to the cloud.

A few weeks ago, Mozy ceased to work.

Mozy Support did a remote troubleshooting and advised that Windows' "Cryptographic API" is not working properly, and told me to contact Microsoft for a fix of that.

Anyone know how to fix Cryptographic API, so I can back up encrypted documents again??

GB-Wilmington, Apr 22, 2022
  3. Support on Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider or Microsoft Strong Cryptographic Provider

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to Microsoft RSA Channel Cryptographic Provider and Microsoft Strong Cryptographic provider. We do have a dedicated forum, where you should be able to find support for your query. Let me help in pointing you in the
    right direction, I would suggest you to post your query on TechNet
    forums
    , where we have support professionals with expertise on RSA and Cryptographic Provider to assist you with your query.

Articles for reference:

· Microsoft RSA/Schannel Cryptographic Provider

· Microsoft Strong Cryptographic Provider

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 22, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

New API to automate publishing and updating Microsoft Edge Add-ons

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...ft/m-p/2654592

Brink, Apr 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Using Microsoft cryptographic API - Similar Threads - Using Microsoft cryptographic

2. Microsoft Sticky Notes API

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sticky Notes API: Hello,I am looking to automate the process of creating Sticky Notes on my PC daily using content from a Google Sheet file. However, I couldn't find any API for Microsoft Sticky Notes. I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide.Thank you!...
  3. Using Microsoft cryptographic API

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Microsoft cryptographic API: I am using Visual studio and developing application. I come across Bcrypt.h header - Win32 apps Microsoft Docs Microsoft cryptographic library.I would like to know If there any additional license cost of using this library or we can use it as part of normal SDK. Is there any...
  4. Using Microsoft cryptographic API

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using Microsoft cryptographic API: I am using Visual studio and developing application. I come across Bcrypt.h header - Win32 apps Microsoft Docs Microsoft cryptographic library.I would like to know If there any additional license cost of using this library or we can use it as part of normal SDK. Is there any...
  5. Microsoft Sharepoint API

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Sharepoint API: Hello,I would like to ask is there any Sharepoint API or need to create in order to retrieve data from document which are in sharepoint. I mean in same row present additional columns of information about document in same sharepoint.Name Date Status ... ... ...... Means...
  6. Cryptographic Service using lots of network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cryptographic Service using lots of network: For the past 2 week or so the Service Host: Cryptographic service has been using .5mbps constantly and causing my network to be very slow. What do i do?...
  7. cryptographic services

in Windows 10 Customization
    cryptographic services: today when i turned my computer on google chrome was taking a very long time despite my internet working fine so i searched around for solutions and i came across someone in a forum telling me to change the log on setting to local system account in cryptographic services and...
  8. what is Microsoft policies for use APIs as commercially?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    what is Microsoft policies for use APIs as commercially?: Hi, Could I use Bingmap, Bing News, PowerBI, Outlook and Share point APIs for commercial use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-microsoft-policies-for-use-apis-as/a0cf7c0c-0eaa-4617-ba0f-0b8755213e9c"
  9. New Vulnerability in the Microsoft Cryptographic Library

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New Vulnerability in the Microsoft Cryptographic Library: See this post about a new vulnerability in the Microsoft Cryptographic Library. "NSA discovers security flaw in Microsoft Windows operating system" The article references KB4534306 and the updates here https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...date-kb4534306I can't...
  10. Microsoft should use more of Vulkan API in Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft should use more of Vulkan API in Gaming: Microsoft is using DirectX libraries for all its visual related tasks. But why Microsoft is not working or using Vulkan instead of DirectX for gaming. As we all know that Vulkan is much better in gaming because we get more FPS in less powerful hardware as Vulkan makes use of...