Windows 10: using Microsoft defender

Discus and support using Microsoft defender in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running Microsoft defender on the 4 march 19 windows gave an update request to install an update to windows 10, as I had finished what I was doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by W Mike, Mar 11, 2019.

1. W Mike Win User

using Microsoft defender

I am running Microsoft defender on the 4 march 19 windows gave an update request to install an update to windows 10, as I had finished what I was doing I started the update. on going back to the computer there was a Microsoft error on the screen but no response to keyboard or mouse. the only way out was to switch off. on booting up the screen was in a foreign language. I was able to reset the browser to English and found that a app "mail.ru" was installed! I was still having problems with outlook would not download mail and some more errors. I restarted it and managed to get into the "BIOS" which was in Russian, I managed to convert it back to English which curded most of the other problems. all this was over 2/3 days. but why can this happen with Microsoft defender installed?

:)

W Mike, Mar 11, 2019
  2. R-T-B Win User

Better free alternative to microsoft defender?

Windows Defender, Bill?

Yeah. Same thing. Definitions to stay up to date on threats of course, but thats really just a list of tricks and signatures.

You don't have to be. You just have to be smart enough to break their shit. You can take it apart and reverse engineer it and marvel later (I was impressed by a clients just recently). It's not hard to be up to date enough to keep malware a.) mostly off your machine in the first place and b.) limit it's damage when it does appear to your machine via network and best practices.

Some may call my approach inconvienient, but it DOES work.

R-T-B, Mar 11, 2019
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

using Microsoft defender

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

using Microsoft defender

1. using Microsoft defender - Similar Threads - using Microsoft defender

2. Microsoft Windows Defender using high resources suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Windows Defender using high resources suddenly: Out of the blue, Antimalware Service Executable has suddenly began using over 750mb of RAM, a constant 1-2mb of disk writing, and 1-5% of my CPU.While this is a small portion of what I have available, this sudden spike is concerning, it only started noticeably a few days ago....
  3. Microsoft Windows Defender using high resources suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Defender using high resources suddenly: Out of the blue, Antimalware Service Executable has suddenly began using over 750mb of RAM, a constant 1-2mb of disk writing, and 1-5% of my CPU.While this is a small portion of what I have available, this sudden spike is concerning, it only started noticeably a few days ago....
  4. Microsoft Windows Defender using high resources suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to use Microsoft Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use Microsoft Defender?: Hello everyone: People told me, Window10 can use its own defender to kill virus. But I never use and seethe "defender" Could you tell me how to use "defender"? --- Zhao[Original Title: Defender, how?]...
  6. How to use Microsoft Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use Microsoft Defender?: Hello everyone: People told me, Window10 can use its own defender to kill virus. But I never use and seethe "defender" Could you tell me how to use "defender"? --- Zhao[Original Title: Defender, how?]...
  7. How to use Microsoft Defender?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. can not scan my PC using microsoft defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can not scan my PC using microsoft defender: Hello all, my name is Cathy, but I prefer to be called cat. I am having a major problem. I am running windows 10 and once in awhile I like to scan my whole system with windows defender. Just to be safe. I have not done this in a while, so I went to start the advanced scan,...
  9. Microsoft Defender can ironically be used to download malware

Microsoft Defender can ironically be used to download malware: News at Bleeping Computer. Things like this make me want to install a different AV. 163763
  10. Microsoft Defender can ironically be used to download malware

Microsoft Defender can ironically be used to download malware: Cart before the horse??? https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/microsoft-defender-can-ironically-be-used-to-download-malware/ ~rhab...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using microsoft defender problems