Windows 10: Using Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse

Discus and support Using Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a wireless Microsoft Designer Keyboard, and a wireless Mouse to use them for my desktop PC which has a Windows10. But I am not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TuhinPaul2, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Using Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse

Hello,

I bought a wireless Microsoft Designer Keyboard, and a wireless Mouse to use them for my desktop PC which has a Windows10. But I am not sure how to set them up. I have successfully interfaced them with my Surface Pro 3. Do I need to buy a data reader ?

:)

TuhinPaul2, Nov 1, 2020
  2. Patson Go Win User

Unable to connect Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse.

Dear All,

I have just got my set of Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Designer as well.

yes indeed it can be quite tricky.....

the best option I personally recommend is :

1. Go to your device manager

2. Under Bluetooth, scroll down the list of devices present there.

3. Perform a manual driver update (right click every single device) for all items there.

4. Restart your PC.

5. Discover your Microsoft Designer Bluetooth mouse and keyboard (before the update in Step 3, I have removed all the Microsoft designer mouse and keyboard drivers / removed the devices). - this time round, it should connect.

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s on Windows 10 64 bit using the Intel Bluetooth LE generic hardware.

hope this helps folks....

Patson Go, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10

Just bought the Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse today, and i'm already having the exact same issues as everyone above:

- No shortcut keys (volume, play/pause, etc..);

- Every time i press one of the shortcut keys, the keyboard constantly freezes and then displays the last 15 characters pressed;

I've done all the steps suggested and everything is still not working.

If i don't solve this issue until the end of this week i'm returning my Microsoft Designer back.

Ricky.Lopes, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Using Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse

Microsoft designer keyboard + mouse

Hello!

I've bought Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse. Which must be connected via Bluetooth. It looks really impressive.
    Loved it pretty much

But unfortunately i ran into
    several problems that i didn't expect..

1. When my PC reboots i'm not able to use neither mouse nor keyboard at a login screen (where i have to enter a password)

Do i really need to connect a wired keyboard to login? Because only after login Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse immediately starts to work

2. How can i enter my bios with BT keyboard? Cause it's not operational at this stage too

I've read that sometimes you can you HID-proxy tongles which gives the ability to use BT devices before the OS is loaded, but it's not included. Where can i buy such a device?

stellarbears, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Using Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse

1. Using Microsoft Designer Keyboard and Mouse - Similar Threads - Using Microsoft Designer

2. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  3. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse: Hi All,I know this question has been asked before, but I've found the answers don't provide any solution or clarity on why this fault is happening.The keyboard or mouse at occasionally disconnects from the computer, it remains paired and there appears to be no way to fix the...
  4. Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  6. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  7. connecting Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse

connecting Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse: The blue tooth adapter of my Microsoft designer keyboard and mouse broke down and now I try to connect both with another Bluetooth adapter but that does work. Should I use a specific dongle? I have tried to remove both devices from the list but that seems to be impossible....
  8. No "Connect" option for Microsoft Designer Keyboard & Mouse

No "Connect" option for Microsoft Designer Keyboard & Mouse: With home working I'm currently using a work machine at home as well as my own PC. I have the Microsoft Designer Keyboard & Mouse which I am using on both devices. When I want to switch form using them with one device to another there is no "Connect" button when selecting...
  9. Microsoft Bluetooth designer mouse and keyboard

Microsoft Bluetooth designer mouse and keyboard: Hello, A few days ago, I purchased the set. Now, it works perfectly and still on 100% both of them, but my problem is this: Sometimes when I go Idle and come back, the keyboard or mouse won't wake up... Sometimes 1 of them and sometimes both. And there are some rare times...
  10. Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse

Microsoft Designer keyboard and mouse: Hi there , I'm trying to pair my disgner keyboard and mouse to a bluetooth 2.0 stick, the keyboard and the mouse don't show on the pairing list . Q: is this problem caused by the bluetooth 2.0 because it's an older version ? Thanks in Advanced...