Windows 10: Using Microsoft Edge to open epub files

Discus and support Using Microsoft Edge to open epub files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I use Microsoft Edge to open epub files when I cannot even select MS Edge from the dropdown list after I click "Open With"?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mwi2, Nov 24, 2019.

1. mwi2 Win User

Using Microsoft Edge to open epub files

How do I use Microsoft Edge to open epub files when I cannot even select MS Edge from the dropdown list after I click "Open With"?

:)

2. Opening EPUB file with Edge

Hi,

You can read .ePub files in Microsoft Edge so long as they are not protected. The latest Windows 10 build brings EPUB file format support to Edge, allowing users to read their favorite EPUB books directly in the browser. To resolve your concern,
    we suggest that you associate the file type to Edge as well. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Type Default Programs in the Control Panel Search bar.

Using Microsoft Edge to open epub files c55286cd-d9d2-4317-a6ec-4d7804be22c8.png
    • Click the Default Programs and select Associate a file type or protocol with a program option.
      Using Microsoft Edge to open epub files 8768b7a9-043e-469d-9b1e-f9884b32a539.png

• Double-click the .ePub file type.
    • Once the pop-up window shows the option, click on More apps drop down then select Edge.
    Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Eileen Gal, Nov 24, 2019
  3. jjack0310 Win User
    Opening EPUB file with Edge

How is this helpful?

It is not a problem for an app from Store.

Edge comes pre installed. I am having the same problem.

.epub files are automatically associated to be opened with a different software. I want to change it to Edge and I am not able to because Edge is not in the list. I tried changing the defaults for .epub and Edge is not an option.

jjack0310, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Using Microsoft Edge to open epub files

Opening EPUB file with Edge

Hello, I have recently purchased an EBook online and I would like to read this EPUB file with Microsoft Edge's. I can read it in other EPUB readers such as bookviser reader, however when trying to
    change how the file opens there is no option to "open with" Microsoft Edge. Is there any way to fix this so I can view my EBook through Edge? Thanks.

AlfPriestley, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Using Microsoft Edge to open epub files

1. Using Microsoft Edge to open epub files - Similar Threads - Using Microsoft Edge

2. Getting Microsoft Edge Epub Functionality Back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting Microsoft Edge Epub Functionality Back: Yes, I know that Epub functionality was discontinued an year ago. Yes, I haven't updated my PC since then so that I can keep Edge continuing to support epub files. I was absolutely hooked to reading my books seamlessly on it. Since, Windows10 update decided to be ruthless...
  3. edge and epub

edge and epub: Does someone know what the last edition of windows 10 was where edge could read .epub files? submitted by /u/mobsteRRR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gw2qdd/edge_and_epub/
  4. open epub files

in Windows 10 Customization
    open epub files: how to change the default for file type epub from notepad to Microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-epub-files/cf19b86c-3cff-4ac8-8660-7aac957ce2b0
  5. How to associate .epub files with Microsoft Edge?

How to associate .epub files with Microsoft Edge?: I just updated recently and looks like it unassociated by itself. submitted by /u/Curious-Cat-2020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e1wm89/how_to_associate_epub_files_with_microsoft_edge/
  6. I'm looking for an epub reader similar to Microsoft Edge

I'm looking for an epub reader similar to Microsoft Edge: I tried using Calibre, SumatraPDF, Freda, Kindle, Icecream Ebook reader and EPUBReader extension for Chrome so far. I want to be able to copy text and numbered lists like this one (from an epub reader) and be able to paste them and be similarly structured (pasted to word)....
  7. Suggestions of softwares to read epubs similar to the microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Suggestions of softwares to read epubs similar to the microsoft edge?: So I practically only used the new Microsoft browser for reading epubs, lol. But man, it was so good, the interface was clean, the text beautiful and readable, and well-formatted. To my sadness, today with the message the support of this feature would be canceled it was.....
  8. open pdf files using Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    open pdf files using Edge: I cannot open a PDF online. I am using Win 10 and Adobe Acrobat 9. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/open-pdf-files-using-edge/c94f483d-1aba-4fca-acad-949ae4d5e628
  9. Easy way to open EPUB files

in Windows 10 Support
    Easy way to open EPUB files: Greetings from Holly Jerusalem Easy way to open EPUB files 1. Open Google chrome 2. Get Simple EPUB Reader extension 3. Open Simple EPUB Reader extension 4. Drop your EPUB file 5. Setup settings as you prefer That is all 92677
  10. Export EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Export EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Export EPUB Book Data in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open epub with edge

2. open epub file in edge

3. open epub in edge

4. epub not opening with microsoft edge,
  5. how to open epub with edge,
  6. how to open epub using edge,
  7. how to open epub with microsoft edge,
  8. edge open file,
  9. where is the file open in edge,
  10. edge open epub,
  11. opeb epub with edge,