Windows 10: Using Microsoft Family Management with Windows 8.1

Discus and support Using Microsoft Family Management with Windows 8.1 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My daughter has Windows 8.1 on her laptop and after the recent changes it no longer registers her as a child. Therefore none of the filters or time... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Tim Cockburn, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Using Microsoft Family Management with Windows 8.1

My daughter has Windows 8.1 on her laptop and after the recent changes it no longer registers her as a child.

Therefore none of the filters or time limits work.

I have her registered as a Standard user now, but if I try to change it to a child user, an error message is returned saying "we cannot connect with the family management website at the moment" or words to that effect

What can I do to change her to a child user again.

She still appears on the family mangement webpage, and it still works on other computers, just not the Windows 8.1

:)

Tim Cockburn, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 2, 2020
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Using Microsoft Family Management with Windows 8.1

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Using Microsoft Family Management with Windows 8.1

1. Using Microsoft Family Management with Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - Using Microsoft Family

2. Run Microsoft Family safety in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Microsoft Family safety in task manager: I was looking through Task runner, and saw Microsoft family safety I have it on because of my parents I googled what it did and found it a little creepy, and In the spur of the moment, deleted it. But now when I want to request for more screen time I can’t because the window...
  3. Run Microsoft Family safety in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Microsoft Family safety in task manager: I was looking through Task runner, and saw Microsoft family safety I have it on because of my parents I googled what it did and found it a little creepy, and In the spur of the moment, deleted it. But now when I want to request for more screen time I can’t because the window...
  4. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  5. Error code: 1-8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code: 1-8: A few months ago I bought the virtual reality headset hp reverb g2 and after a week i did not playing them I had the error 8-1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-1-8/528667d3-0819-45b7-8cf4-848089f68983
  6. family managment

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family managment: I'm trying to limit specific application of my 'kids' and this option is locked. I press on the button to activate limit application time but its shaded and nothing happened. how to make activate? my account is: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** one of my...
  7. Access to a Website using Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access to a Website using Microsoft Family: I currently have Microsoft family on my laptop, which my two children use to complete school work, There is a website called Mathletics which when my youngest access it asks for permission to access it, which I do as it is to complete school work. But when he changed the...
  8. Multi-Language use of 1 family OneDrive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-Language use of 1 family OneDrive: Hi, My son prefers to work in a right-to-left Hebrew environment and keeps switching the language to Hebrew on HIS computer, which apparently has an affect on MY computer, which I prefer to use in an English-language, left-to-right environment. How do I prevent his language...
  9. Microsoft on managing your family’s digital life

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft on managing your family’s digital life: [ATTACH] Panelists discuss digital habits for families. L to R: Jack, Polly Palumbo, Henry Ipince, Laurie Wolk, Reshma Gopaldas (moderator). As the product and strategy lead for the family audience at Microsoft and a mom of two, I spend a lot of time and energy thinking...
  10. Black screen after 1-8 hours after use or no use

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after 1-8 hours after use or no use: Hello all, the title states it all. Out of the blue I started getting a black screen, while playing video games, or comp just sitting idle. If I'm playing a game, audio is fine after both my monitors go black for about 30 seconds, then rig reboots. Rig runs great other wise....