Windows 10: Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

Discus and support Using microsoft store without Microsoft account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a PC with Windows 10 21H2, on which I login as a local user.At some point in the past, I used the Windows store, and logged into it with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by madbrain76, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

I have a PC with Windows 10 21H2, on which I login as a local user.At some point in the past, I used the Windows store, and logged into it with a Microsoft account.I no longer want to use the Microsoft account. I removed the account from Windows under Settings / Email and accounts.I now want to use the Windows store, and download free apps, such as Netflix.I followed the procedure at https://www.digitalcitizen.life/micr...osoft-account/ .After searching for Netflix and clicking "get" , I get prompted to login with a Microsoft account. I click the X button to dismiss is. Unfortunately, after th

:)

madbrain76, Dec 4, 2021
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Dec 4, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Yes. When you sign in to the Store with a Microsoft account like in step 5 in Option Two of the tutorial below instead of switching to a Microsoft account you will and stay a local account.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Dec 4, 2021
  4. Addie Win User

Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

1. Using microsoft store without Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Using microsoft store

2. How to use Microsoft Store for a specific Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use Microsoft Store for a specific Microsoft account?: Hi there,I've got TWO Microsoft accounts. This is because one of them was created by Microsoft from my old Skype account.I've created a new one let's call it NEW and that's where I've got my subscriptions, etc.I'm trying to make a purchase at the Microsoft Store but when I...
  3. How to use Microsoft Store for a specific Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to use Microsoft Store for a specific Microsoft account?: Hi there,I've got TWO Microsoft accounts. This is because one of them was created by Microsoft from my old Skype account.I've created a new one let's call it NEW and that's where I've got my subscriptions, etc.I'm trying to make a purchase at the Microsoft Store but when I...
  4. Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Using microsoft store without Microsoft account: I have a PC with Windows 10 21H2, on which I login as a local user.At some point in the past, I used the Windows store, and logged into it with a Microsoft account.I no longer want to use the Microsoft account. I removed the account from Windows under Settings / Email and...
  5. Using microsoft store without Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using microsoft store without Microsoft account: I have a PC with Windows 10 21H2, on which I login as a local user.At some point in the past, I used the Windows store, and logged into it with a Microsoft account.I no longer want to use the Microsoft account. I removed the account from Windows under Settings / Email and...
  6. Using computer without Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using computer without Microsoft account: I bought a new computer yesterday. It required me to link it to a Microsoft account in order to even turn the computer on. No other option was given. Of course, I didn't want a Microsoft account or to link my computer to one, but I did what was necessary in order to turn...
  7. Disable using a Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store

Disable using a Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store: I'm in a corporate environment, and am trying to figure out how I can block users from using their personal Microsoft account to log into the Microsoft Store. As it is now, users can get around any restrictions I put on the Store by just logging in with their personal...
  8. Use microsoft store on local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use microsoft store on local account: I just converted my win10 machine to local account, but found out that microsoft store does not work on local account. All guides online seem to be 2-3 yrs old and not work. How to use it on local account? Am on win10 pro version 1909 submitted by /u/f36a [link]...
  9. setup Microsoft account before use of Microsoft Store

setup Microsoft account before use of Microsoft Store: I want to buy the X410 x-server from Microsoft. To do this, I must set up a Microsoft account, which requires an address. I live in Germany. The account setup will not allow a non-USA address to be input....
  10. Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Account Picture displayed without using Microsoft Account for login: Hi, My Microsoft Account Picture is being displayed without me using Microsoft Account for logging into my HP Laptop. I am using a local account for logging in. I tried deleting the picture but am not able to do so. Could I have some inputs on how to go ahead please....