Windows 10: Using mklink in a batch during Windows 10 install

Discus and support Using mklink in a batch during Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Which phase of setup can I use mklink in during Windows 10 setup? OOBE? or a phase sooner? How do I run an administrative command prompt during setup.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RBCC, Nov 23, 2019.

1. RBCC Win User

Using mklink in a batch during Windows 10 install

Which phase of setup can I use mklink in during Windows 10 setup?
    OOBE? or a phase sooner? How do I run an administrative command prompt during setup. Thank you for your help!

:)

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Using mklink in a batch during Windows 10 install ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Using mklink in a batch during Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Using mklink batch

2. mklink

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mklink: I am trying to remove all my pictures from the C:\ drive and place them on my D:\ drive to save space. I have moved all the pictures from the C:\ drive to the D:\, no problem. D:\ is a separate drive, not a partition. I am trying to use mklink /d and link back to the C:\...
  3. mklink

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mklink: I am trying to remove all my pictures from the C:\ drive and place them on my D:\ drive to save space. I have moved all the pictures from the C:\ drive to the D:\, no problem. D:\ is a separate drive, not a partition. I am trying to use mklink /d and link back to the C:\...
  4. mklink

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to use Batch file to download & install Windows Updates on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Batch file to download & install Windows Updates on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows Updates are very important and integral to the stability of the Windows operating system and considered very mandatory in many corporate companies as well […] This article How to use Batch file to download & install Windows Updates on Windows 10 first...
  6. Mklink and software installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mklink and software installation: Hello all, I'm using mklink to put the installed software on the D:\, that is installed on c:\program files or programfiles(x86). In order to do this I have created (2) batch files. One for mklink and one for installation of programs. Now where do I use mklinkand use to...
  7. Mklink and software installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Mklink and software installation: Hello all, I'm using mklink to put the installed software on the D:\, that is installed on c:\program files or programfiles(x86). In order to do this I have created (2) batch files. One for mklink and one for installation of programs. Now where do I use mklinkand use to...
  8. MKlink question

in Windows 10 Support
    MKlink question: I am Using Windows 10 Build 19592.1001, 2004. I am using mklink C:\windows\BAtc*s \ fred d:\app********\fred\sam <---do I have to create this directory or will it be created? John 153289
  9. MKLINK not working

in Windows 10 Support
    MKLINK not working: winver 18363.628 Never had any problems with this before. Re-checked the MKLINK tutorial, trying cmd and PowerShell. Added the quotes to target and link too, but same result So here are the commands in cmd with error messages. Note that I tried the hard link option too...
  10. Windows 10 backup using a batch file

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 backup using a batch file: Hello I hope someone can help. We use a script which runs a batch file to backup laptops at the company I work at. To get it to work in Windows 7 we just add the user to the backup operators group. We have just started a few people with Windows 10. Set them up in the same...