Windows 10: Using Mouse to Wake up Laptop

Discus and support Using Mouse to Wake up Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 and would like to use my mouse to wake it up when in sleep mode It would be appreciated if someone can kindly assist me 41520 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Howardc, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Howardc Win User

Using Mouse to Wake up Laptop

I am using Windows 10 and would like to use my mouse to wake it up when in sleep mode

It would be appreciated if someone can kindly assist me

:)

Howardc, Feb 20, 2016

2. waking laptop from sleep

i have noticed my laptop doesnt wake up from sleep using the keyboard or the mouse , only the power button button wakes it up, i used to have another laptop that would wake up using any button from the keyboard, how to resolve this ?

2e8f3914-c62b-4338-96e1-46371f94b3d6, Feb 20, 2016
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Lenovo ideapad 100S will not resume from sleep mode.

Hi Michael,

Pressing a key on the keyboard or tapping on the mouse pad wakes the laptop from sleep. However, if it won't wake up, there are several ways to wake it up:

• Press the power or sleep button to wake it up.
    • Close the lid of the laptop and open it again.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Feb 20, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello,

This is the method I use to achieve what you want.
    1. Open Device Manager from a right click on the start button.
    2. Find the mouse driver and double click it to open properties
    3. Go to the Power management tab and tick allow this device to wake the computer

Using Mouse to Wake up Laptop [​IMG]

philc43, Feb 20, 2016
  5. Howardc Win User
    Thanks for the reply. On Windows 10 , there is no tab for Power management-see attached screen shot

Howardc, Feb 20, 2016
  6. philc43 Win User
    But your Device manager shows 2 drivers are installed, which one is being used? Does the other one have a Power management tab?

philc43, Feb 20, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Agree with philc43 as BOTH of my mouse drivers have the Power Management Tab.....*Smile

OldMike65, Feb 20, 2016
  8. Howardc Win User

For some unknown reason both my mouse drivers do not have the power management drive. Surely this should be standard with Windows 10

Howardc, Feb 20, 2016
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Yes your correct, you could try uninstalling both mouse drivers, then re-install drivers to see if that changes your options.

OldMike65, Feb 20, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Just had to do exactly that with my Logitech mouse. Power Management is back...

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Using Mouse to Wake up Laptop - Similar Threads - Using Mouse Wake

2. External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop: Hello,I have a problem regarding sleep state on my laptop. I am using laptop in docking setup and have external mouse and keyboard. I want to put laptop to sleep state when I am now working. I disabled keyboard and mouse to be able to wake it up. To be exact I do not have any...
  3. External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External keyboard and mouse are waking up the Laptop: Hello,I have a problem regarding sleep state on my laptop. I am using laptop in docking setup and have external mouse and keyboard. I want to put laptop to sleep state when I am now working. I disabled keyboard and mouse to be able to wake it up. To be exact I do not have any...
  4. Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard: Hi all,Just started using my Acer Aspire R5-471T-52EE Ultrabook as a desktop and it works flawlessly otherwise, but when I use it as a desktop, it refuses to be awoken with the external mouse and keyboard both USB. I've changed every possible setting in Power settings to make...
  5. Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't wake up with external mouse/keyboard: Hi all,Just started using my Acer Aspire R5-471T-52EE Ultrabook as a desktop and it works flawlessly otherwise, but when I use it as a desktop, it refuses to be awoken with the external mouse and keyboard both USB. I've changed every possible setting in Power settings to make...
  6. Wake up laptop with mouse

Wake up laptop with mouse: Im using a HP Zbook laptop and a logitech MX master 3 mouse, I cannot get the mouse to waken the laptop, anyone offer any help please? 183555
  7. How to use Microsoft Arc mouse to wake up closed windows laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use Microsoft Arc mouse to wake up closed windows laptop: Hi There,My Microsoft Surface 4 is connected to a external screen and bluetooth mouse and keyboard Microsoft Arc keyboardI would like to wake up my surface without opening it.I have tried changing the settings in "Device Manager" but there is no "Power Management Options" in...
  8. Wake laptop with mouse

Wake laptop with mouse: Im using a HP laptop running windows 10 pro, anyone know if its possible to wake the laptop up with the Logitech mx master mouse. 169555
  9. Mouse and Keyboard not working after laptop wake-up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard not working after laptop wake-up.: I am using a dell E5430 and I never had any issue like this up to now. Every time I put my laptop on sleep and then wake up, my mouse and keyboard stop working so I need to make an Hard-restart with the help of the power button as it became 100% unresponsive. I have...
  10. Waking up laptop through USB mouse/keyboard?

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking up laptop through USB mouse/keyboard?: Hello, that's a problem I actually had since Windows 8: Whenever my laptop goes to sleep, the only way to wake it up is through the laptop's keyboard (pressing any key on the keyboard). But when I press the USB keyboard or the USB mouse, it doesn't wake up. I use my laptop...