Windows 10: using mouse wheel in photo app and in photo apps generally

Discus and support using mouse wheel in photo app and in photo apps generally in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi, i have learnt and got used to that the mouse wheen to down reverts to previous pages and up or forward goes to next page actually i don't know why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sinfulslave, Nov 21, 2019.

1. using mouse wheel in photo app and in photo apps generally

hi, i have learnt and got used to that the mouse wheen to down reverts to previous pages and up or forward goes to next page actually i don't know why that is inverted in photo app is there anyway to fix all of that

:)

sinfulslave, Nov 21, 2019

2. How to set Win 10 Photo App to Zoom with the mouse wheel

I know this is an older post, but Google still ranks it high, thus my update. Microsoft gave us the ability to set the Mouse Wheel to either Zoom or Scroll to next image:

1. Open the Windows Icon (lower left) and scroll through the list of apps
    2. Open the PHOTO app
    3. Select the “three dot” icon in upper right corner …
    4. Select SETTINGS from the pulldown menu
    5. Look under Viewing and Editing Section, the Mouse Wheel Subsection
    6. Select “Zoom In and Out” instead of “View Next or Previous Item

ArtofFrozenTime, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work

Hi Lozza47au,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in troubleshooting this issue. The details provided helps us to avoid repeating the steps.

1. On the other computer where you have described ‘something has gone haywire’, are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Is the arrow keys and mouse scroll wheel issue specific to particular photo in that photo folder?
    3. Do you face the same issue when you open the photo in a different application?
    4. What is the make and model of the Keyboard, mouse?

However, let us try these methods one by one to check if that helps.

Method A: Suggest you to refer to the suggestions from Ernie San dated November 22, 2016 and Dan9090 dated September 1, 2017 to check if that makes any difference.

Windows 10 Photos app - scroll wheel

Method B: You may also want to move couple of photos to a different location and check if those Photo app options work normally.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 21, 2019
  4. using mouse wheel in photo app and in photo apps generally

Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo

How to reset the Scroll Wheel to Zoom again instead of viewing next photo

1. Open the Windows Icon (lower left) and scroll through the list of apps
    2. Open the PHOTO app
    3. Select the “three dot” icon in upper right corner …
    4. Select SETTINGS from the pulldown menu
    5. Look under Viewing and Editing Section, the Mouse Wheel Subsection
    6. Select “Zoom In and Out” instead of “View Next or Previous Item”

ArtofFrozenTime, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

using mouse wheel in photo app and in photo apps generally

1. using mouse wheel in photo app and in photo apps generally - Similar Threads - using mouse wheel

2. Photos on the Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos on the Photos app: whenever i open a photo on the photos app the window is blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-on-the-photos-app/fd33ab0a-316b-4f83-88cc-aa34a50a18e6
  3. Photos on the Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos on the Photos app: whenever i open a photo on the photos app the window is blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-on-the-photos-app/fd33ab0a-316b-4f83-88cc-aa34a50a18e6
  4. scroll wheel will not work in Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scroll wheel will not work in Photos app: I want to open a photo and then scroll through to the precious or next photo. The photos app is set up to do that, but it doesn't work, it works for zoom Ctrl+scroll wheel. The most frustrating thing is that all the fix posts are outdated! this seems so simple, why hasn't it...
  5. scroll wheel will not work in Photos app

scroll wheel will not work in Photos app: I want to open a photo and then scroll through to the precious or next photo. The photos app is set up to do that, but it doesn't work, it works for zoom Ctrl+scroll wheel. The most frustrating thing is that all the fix posts are outdated! this seems so simple, why hasn't it...
  6. Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app: I use to be able to click on the 3 dots and open a jpeg in photos and use photoshop elements to edit the photo. I no longer have the option to edit in a 3rd party app with photos. Please help. Peg...
  7. Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app

Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app: I use to be able to click on the 3 dots and open a jpeg in photos and use photoshop elements to edit the photo. I no longer have the option to edit in a 3rd party app with photos. Please help. Peg...
  8. Problem printing photos using the Photos App

Problem printing photos using the Photos App: When I try to print individual photos from File Explorer, it opens a typical printing screen using the Photos App to select the paper, size, etc. The problem is that the headings and some menu selections appear in some Cyrillic language Russian? Ukranian? other?. This happens...
  9. Using photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using photo app: I have limited experience with this app in Windows 10. I created an album and want to review the photos to select for distribution. I am only able to see in a slideshow format. Frustrated. Help. Thank you...
  10. Change Default Action of Mouse Wheel for Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Action of Mouse Wheel for Photos app in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Action of Mouse Wheel for Photos app in Windows 10 How to Change Default Action of Mouse Wheel for Photos app in Windows 10 The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your...