Windows 10: Using MR to replace C Drive

Discus and support Using MR to replace C Drive in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Will MR replace the c: drive from an image or do I have to replace all partitions? I'd like to just replace c: from the usb. 128033 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by RichardC, Feb 28, 2019.

1. RichardC Win User

Using MR to replace C Drive

Will MR replace the c: drive from an image or do I have to replace all partitions? I'd like to just replace c: from the usb.

:)

RichardC, Feb 28, 2019

2. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Ill Gates Win User

Is there a good step by step for replacing a C drive?

I know updating to a new C drive is covered a lot here, but I've yet to see a step by step guide as to how to do it. I know I'd be getting s program like Macrium, cloning the old drive and then installing the new one, but does anyone know of a step by step
    that has been proven to work. I'm on Win 10 going from a 120gb C drive to a Samsung EVO 500 GB SSD.

Please let me know ...thanks

Ill Gates, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Using MR to replace C Drive - Similar Threads - Using replace Drive

2. Mr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mr: There is a McAfee pop which is appearing every now and then blocking my screen. How can I block it permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mr/7cd062de-785d-4e57-b32e-1bc9e368ff55
  3. C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...: I have an HP ProDesk 600G1 TW. The Win 10 64bit I purchased was the Pro version which I selected for the reinstall. The reinstall went fine until I declined the 365 trial and went to the next page.I could not go any further without a CC.Any ideas?Thanks....
  4. C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...: I have an HP ProDesk 600G1 TW. The Win 10 64bit I purchased was the Pro version which I selected for the reinstall. The reinstall went fine until I declined the 365 trial and went to the next page.I could not go any further without a CC.Any ideas?Thanks....
  5. C drive failed on Win10 desktop. Replaced with new drive. Used bootable thumb drive to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Need advice on replacing C Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need advice on replacing C Drive: My PC has two drives a C (240GB) and D (2TB). I tried to set up the PC so that the C drive only contained Windows and applications and the D Drive only contained data. I obviously did not configure this correctly as my C Drive is reporting 3.15 GB Free of 237GB. I had a WD...
  7. Mr

Mr: Cannot use Win 10 backup. It says destination drive has errors and refuses to backup. I've checked the hard drive and it has no errors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mr/caa12cb9-7c21-409a-b81d-19e6c8e31893
  8. Replacing Main C: Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Replacing Main C: Drive: I'm replacing my C: bootup hard drive with an SSD. Can I speed up the process by installing Windows on the SSD and still have the license valid on the hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replacing-main-c-drive/c4d9c9a5-b930-435b-8e67-2751c654372f"
  9. Mr

Mr: I got my suscription to office by onedrive however I can't run in another computer. Could you tell me what to do to run mi office software on that computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mr/0eaa9b85-f48f-4005-9233-7a2b14dcdef8
  10. Replace C drive with larger 1.

Replace C drive with larger 1.: My computer is a refurbished Dell Optiplex 9010 that came with the 118GB HdD C-drive that fills up fast when working with graphics. I did a disk image with Macrium ReflectDL, which is stored on (D). What is best way to get the image on (storage D)? Both reside in the same bay...