Windows 10: Using MS Media Creator Problem; Getting Past The Account Setups ? Help

Discus and support Using MS Media Creator Problem; Getting Past The Account Setups ? Help in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, I really thought I had it, but... As I wrote before, i have a Dell XPS 8900 which got totally corrupted due to a MS update. So, per... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Robert11, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Robert11 Win User

Using MS Media Creator Problem; Getting Past The Account Setups ? Help

Hello,

I really thought I had it, but...
    As I wrote before, i have a Dell XPS 8900 which got totally corrupted due to a MS update.

So, per suggestions, I created a MS Media Creator USB stick. Did it from another pc
    Ran it, and it really seemed to work fine.

Booted up the bad pc with it, and it seemed to be doing everything.

To say i was happy, is an understatement.

But, during the Account Setup phase, it would not go any further until
    I give it a Text key or number, or phone number. Wanted it, so it could send me back some kind of code "key", or somethings

Have no idea what they want; I'm 81 now, and don't do any texting.
    No idea what it is, even.

Tried putting in my cel phone number, but it wouldn't take it.

Any idea how to get past this screen ?

you would think there would be an option to set up the MS Account later, or not to set it up at all, but apparently ot.

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Dec 6, 2017

2. 0xc0150004 Blender Error (Please Help)

Hi again Caleb.

It seems you don't' have Fall Creators Version 1709 so let's get that installed as it often solves problems like you're having and you need it anyway.

If the Media Creation Tool will not install and run Upgrade Now once installed, even after trying several restarts to get it to install properly, then install it to another more stable PC to create the media or download the ISO to stick or DVD. Transfer the
    media, open media or click on ISO to mount it, right click Setup to Run as Administrator.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 6, 2017
  3. Creator update problem

After much searching and no help, as usual from the MS support as nothing from MS has helped in any way, I tripped over a comment regarding the media pack for Windows 10 build 1703, ie Creator. I then remembered that after the Anniversary update there
    were various problems which were only fixed after downloading media pack for that build.

After the Creator update, I lost photos as well as video playback, now after downloading the media pack for 1703 it's all fixed!

BrianWedge, Dec 6, 2017
  4. Try3 Win User

Robert,

You can avoid setting up an MSAccount by either
    1 running the installation whilst the computer is not connected to the internet, or
    2 using the procedure shown in section 22 of Clean Install Windows 10

Denis

Try3, Dec 6, 2017
  5. Berton Win User
    I sometimes get a message when accessing my Hotmail.com or Outlook.com accounts, particularly from a different computer than usual, where I have to provide the last 4 digits of my phone number which will get me a text message or phone call to verify my Microsoft Account, only a slight inconvenience.

Berton, Dec 7, 2017
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    I think the OP said he doesn't do texting !! (I hate it as well although I'm not nealy 82 !!!).

When creating Windows at install time the easiest is to simply when the account screen comes up click the "Continue with Offline Account"

Can't post image because I'm on my Linux server currently doing some installs and testing.

It's not intuitive -- the old method used to say "Use a Local Account" -- but I think the whole idea these days is to obfuscate the whole process --by confusing users most of them will go automatically into an Ms account -- and Welcome to the world of SPAM and unwanted commercials -- not from Ms itself but all these names / accounts etc are bought by 3rd parties who then target individuals with insidious "special offers".

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Using MS Media Creator Problem; Getting Past The Account Setups ? Help - Similar Threads - Using Media Creator

2. how to get help for creating new MS account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get help for creating new MS account?: Hey guys, I am trying to help someone sign up for one drive. we tried many times to create a Microsoft account for him but always some issue with the code or phone number during the registration process. Seems to me something might be wrong with their signup form.What can he...
  3. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  4. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  5. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows media creator to

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows media creator to: I downloaded the Windows media creator tool tto a formated external hard drive from my working computer. I ran setup. I went into DOS on mcomputer and change it yo buut from usb. I turned it off and plugged in the external hard drive. And then turned the nonworking computer...
  7. MS Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 failure to Setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 failure to Setup: I have a new HP 64 bit computer with Windows 10. I'm trying to download and use Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4. During the Setup I get error message to the effect that it wants .NET Framework version 2.0.50727, which I can't find anywhere. What to do?...
  8. problem getting past login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    problem getting past login: problem getting past login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-getting-past-login/846791a4-cd73-4eb6-ba73-d40cf444b500
  9. Media Creator Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creator Question: I haven't used MC in a long time now and I have been wondering. Will it download the ISO with the latest build? (1709 or 1803 is fine). Because I don't really want to wait for my laptop to update for a whole day because I'd be really wasting my time. 110492
  10. Creators Update - Account Problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creators Update - Account Problem: Since Microsoft 'creators update' about a week ago I have been getting the following message pop up daily; Microsoft account problem We need to fix your Microsoft account before you can use shared experiences. Select this message to open settings to fix things....