Windows 10: Using ms-settings Commands for Shortcuts in the "Links" Toolbar on the Taskbar don't work

Discus and support Using ms-settings Commands for Shortcuts in the "Links" Toolbar on the Taskbar don't work in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Using Windows 11.I created a Desktop Shortcut to quickly access Bluetooth settings:ms-settings:bluetoothIt works beautifully. That same shortcut LNK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cr8zy_Ivan, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Using ms-settings Commands for Shortcuts in the "Links" Toolbar on the Taskbar don't work

Using Windows 11.I created a Desktop Shortcut to quickly access Bluetooth settings:ms-settings:bluetoothIt works beautifully. That same shortcut LNK file, copied in the folder "Links" opens Microsoft Edge's Homepage, and nothing else.How can I make it work?

:)

Cr8zy_Ivan, Aug 23, 2022
  2. colparis Win User

Modification date of link files (lnk) is updated when clicked, and if they are in a toolbar

I'm on Windows 10, and I customized a toolbar in my taskbar, with links to programs (Notepad, Paint, Calc, ...). The steps I followed are:

• Create a folder MyToolbar
    • In this folder, add the shortcuts to notepad.exe (notepad.lnk) and mspaint.exe (mspaint.lnk)
    • Right click on the taskbar, chose Toolbar, then New Toolbar
    • Chose the folder MyToolbar
    • A new toolbar is created in the taskbar
    Every time I click on one of these icons to launch a program, for example Notepad, the modification date of notepad.lnk in the folder MyToolbar is updated.

This is annoying: because of this behavior, the synchronization program I use updates this file each time I click on it.

Can you reproduce this bug? Any solution?

colparis, Aug 23, 2022
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Aug 23, 2022
  4. Using ms-settings Commands for Shortcuts in the "Links" Toolbar on the Taskbar don't work

Links toolbar on Taskbar

I deleted all shortcuts on my links toolbar. How can I add new ones?

Julie Straight, Aug 23, 2022
Thema:

Using ms-settings Commands for Shortcuts in the "Links" Toolbar on the Taskbar don't work

1. Using ms-settings Commands for Shortcuts in the "Links" Toolbar on the Taskbar don't work - Similar Threads - Using settings Commands

2. Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11: My computer just forced me to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did not want to do! The most glaring thing missing is the option for a 'Links' toolbar in the taskbar, where you can drag down the icon from a URL and drop it in Links so you can access those links immediately...
  3. Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore 'Links' Toolbar in taskbar in Windows 11: My computer just forced me to upgrade to Windows 11, which I did not want to do! The most glaring thing missing is the option for a 'Links' toolbar in the taskbar, where you can drag down the icon from a URL and drop it in Links so you can access those links immediately...
  4. Taskbar and Settings don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Settings don't work: Hello,I woke up today to my pc's taskbar disappeared, I tried restarting explorer but no luck. Using Windows 11I also tried using sfc, dism and powershell, nothing worked.Also checked Event Viewer and this is what it shows up:Fault bucket 1433558783333676696, type 4Event...
  5. Taskbar and Settings don't work

Taskbar and Settings don't work: Hello,I woke up today to my pc's taskbar disappeared, I tried restarting explorer but no luck. Using Windows 11I also tried using sfc, dism and powershell, nothing worked.Also checked Event Viewer and this is what it shows up:Fault bucket 1433558783333676696, type 4Event...
  6. Using ms-settings Commands for Shortcuts in the "Links" Toolbar on the Taskbar don't work

Using ms-settings Commands for Shortcuts in the "Links" Toolbar on the Taskbar don't work: Using Windows 11.I created a Desktop Shortcut to quickly access Bluetooth settings:ms-settings:bluetoothIt works beautifully. That same shortcut LNK file, copied in the folder "Links" opens Microsoft Edge's Homepage, and nothing else.How can I make it work?...
  7. Links toolbar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Links toolbar not working: I recently added the links toolbar to my taskbar but I want to get rid of them but can't. I tried to remove them by clicking on "links" as you should, but they are still in effect (my pinned applications are still in the middle like I placed them) even though they are not...
  8. How to use "Links" toolbar for the taskbar on a second monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use "Links" toolbar for the taskbar on a second monitor.: Title explains it all. I have all these customization's that I've made to my taskbar, but it cannot be arranged in the correct way on my second monitor. There are literally no setting for it when I right click on it. If this helps, to set up my main taskbar I right clicked...
  9. Links toolbar on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links toolbar on Taskbar: I deleted all shortcuts on my links toolbar. How can I add new ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-toolbar-on-taskbar/2868487c-9f6a-4ca1-82f1-2e894542f30b
  10. shortcuts don't work on start or taskbar

shortcuts don't work on start or taskbar: Just installed Windows 10 - totally successful BUT: no shortcuts/links work in start menu, desktop or taskbar except for links to modern UI apps. Even weirder - shortcuts work if palced in saem directory as the target file/exe but not if then moved elsewhere, like desktop....