Windows 10: Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account?

Discus and support Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I know that in Win 8.1 you can use your local account, go to the MS Store and install applications by simply selecting the app and installing it. At... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by slwelch33, Jul 11, 2015.

1. slwelch33 Win User

Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account?

I know that in Win 8.1 you can use your local account, go to the MS Store and install applications by simply selecting the app and installing it. At most, the system will want you to validate using your MSA, but not insist on switching your account to the MSA.
    In Win 10 (10166) it appears that the system wants to switch your local account to the MSA account.
    I already have a MSA account on the machine, and can install apps when logged in with that account, however, none of the installed apps are visible when logged in with the Local account!
    My question: Is it possible to add applications from the MS Store to a Win 10 machine for a Local account? If so, what is the procedure?
    Thanks,

:)

slwelch33, Jul 11, 2015

2. I still cannot decrypt files containing windows 10 apps from my hard drive to my new Windows 10 64-bit

Ideally Store apps should sync settings, progress etc. to their servers or with the user's MS account (perhaps using OneDrive or something). If they save data locally then the recommended method would be to install them afresh on the new system and transfer
    only the local database/files created by them from the old to the new one. Attempting to move entire installed Store apps between systems is neither recommended nor supported by MS.

RobertJWin, Jul 11, 2015
  3. Microsoft Account vs Local Account on Windows 10

Hi! I tried both. Local Account was helpful for me during Install and Setup of Windows 10. Having the Microsoft Account Login is proving invaluable to me. This enables the One Drive backup of Pics and Docs. and also gives you Store access to free Apps
    as well as Apps for purchase. Email at a click. The login time for local vs ms account is the same. By the way, with Logging In using your MS Account, you will find that all the features and Apps come alive and are configurable and useful. Cheers!!

John Dupuis, Jul 11, 2015
Thema:

Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account?

1. Using MS Store to install apps with Local Account? - Similar Threads - Using Store install

2. Why is MS installing apps that are not used?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is MS installing apps that are not used?: Why does Microsoft keep installing their apps each time an update is done? I don’t have an Xbox, nor will I ever buy one yet Microsoft insists in installing all the Xbox apps each time an update is done, why? The same goes for Cortana, I have never used it, I do not plan on...
  3. Installing apps in the MS Store that are already installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing apps in the MS Store that are already installed: Hi,So I have a ton of programs installed and as the MS store is becoming increasingly popular, and it's an easy way to keep programs updated I'd like to move as many of them to the store as possible.What I don't know is if I install them in the store and they are already...
  4. Installing apps in the MS Store that are already installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing apps in the MS Store that are already installed: Hi,So I have a ton of programs installed and as the MS store is becoming increasingly popular, and it's an easy way to keep programs updated I'd like to move as many of them to the store as possible.What I don't know is if I install them in the store and they are already...
  5. Use microsoft store on local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use microsoft store on local account: I just converted my win10 machine to local account, but found out that microsoft store does not work on local account. All guides online seem to be 2-3 yrs old and not work. How to use it on local account? Am on win10 pro version 1909 submitted by /u/f36a [link]...
  6. Connect my MS account or use Local account..?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connect my MS account or use Local account..?: Another compelling reason to use an MS account is that your digital licence gets linked to your hardware id, making it easier to reactivate in even pc fails to activate due to a hardware change/issue.
  7. Using Local and MS accounts

Using Local and MS accounts: I have a computer using a local account. I use the Microsoft account separately to login to apps etc. When using another app I want to login with, I would get the account popup and can select my MS acct. How can I prevent that from accidentally being used in another app, I...
  8. Using MS account on a local account for games..

Using MS account on a local account for games..: I have a laptop and there are two users created......one (A) with admin status and a MS account. The other is (B) with a local account credentials. B has no MS account. Can I install games from Windows store on B's login account using my MS account? ...and perhaps some...
  9. Effect of Signing into MS Account to get Apps if using local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Effect of Signing into MS Account to get Apps if using local account?: I run my W10 computer using a local account. I want to avoid using a MS account and don't have one set up one the computer at this time. My local account is the only account. That being said, I was interested in installing a couple of apps from the app store. However, it...
  10. Use Local account with Windows Store

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Local account with Windows Store: How to: Use Local account with Windows Store How to Use Store without Switching to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 [img] Information The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse through,...