Windows 10: Using Multiple displays with ThinkPad Laptop

Discus and support Using Multiple displays with ThinkPad Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like to use two monitors in addition to the display on my laptop to have the possibility of three separate and distinct screens operating at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Herb-USA, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Herb-USA Win User

Using Multiple displays with ThinkPad Laptop

I would like to use two monitors in addition to the display on my laptop to have the possibility of three separate and distinct screens operating at the same time. I am using a Thunderbolt 3 docking station with my ThinkPad. Can anyone provide how this needs to be done?

:)

Herb-USA, Oct 3, 2018

2. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Oct 3, 2018
  4. n1trox Win User

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Using Multiple displays with ThinkPad Laptop - Similar Threads - Using Multiple displays

2. How to use <> in thinkpad laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use <> in thinkpad laptop: how to use <> in thinkpad laptop* Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-in-thinkpad-laptop/d4a81537-d7b7-483e-b148-15667d3868dc
  3. How to use <> in thinkpad laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use <> in thinkpad laptop: how to use <> in thinkpad laptop* Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-in-thinkpad-laptop/d4a81537-d7b7-483e-b148-15667d3868dc
  4. Task bar use on multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar use on multiple displays: I have three monitors and the task bar is on all three. If I click on the programme/app icon in the task bar on a specific monitor, is there a way that that programme/app can open on that specific monitor and not the main one? I use two monitors for photo editing and the...
  5. Task bar use on multiple displays

Task bar use on multiple displays: I have three monitors and the task bar is on all three. If I click on the programme/app icon in the task bar on a specific monitor, is there a way that that programme/app can open on that specific monitor and not the main one? I use two monitors for photo editing and the...
  6. Multiple Display - 1 display replicating properties of Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Display - 1 display replicating properties of Laptop: I have a DELL Inspiron 7375 - AMD Ryzen with Radeon Vega Mobile GFX Laptop.When I connect it to the HP multiple display using the Dell docking station, one display replicates the display properties of the laptop in font size, clarity, color, etc - but the other monitor is...
  7. Multiple Display - 1 display replicating properties of Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Display - 1 display replicating properties of Laptop: I have a DELL Inspiron 7375 - AMD Ryzen with Radeon Vega Mobile GFX Laptop.When I connect it to the HP multiple display using the Dell docking station, one display replicates the display properties of the laptop in dont size, clarity, color, etc - but the other monitor is...
  8. Multiple Display - 1 display replicating properties of Laptop

Multiple Display - 1 display replicating properties of Laptop: I have a DELL Inspiron 7375 - AMD Ryzen with Radeon Vega Mobile GFX Laptop.When I connect it to the HP multiple display using the Dell docking station, one display replicates the display properties of the laptop in dont size, clarity, color, etc - but the other monitor is...
  9. How to use multiple display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use multiple display: I have a vga port and a dvi-d port on my motherboard. I don't have any dedicated graphics card. I use Intel HD graphics 630. And I have two monitors which both have vga ports. Now, I want to use both of these displays from my motherboard. I don't want to mirror the displays...
  10. Use of multiple displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use of multiple displays: Windows 10 Automatic Update Multiple monitors environment I have read various notes and I am just confused and frustrated. I have successfully connected a second monitor to my laptop and duly identified them as 1 and 2, and configured them so that 2 is on the left and 1...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thinkpad multiple display

2. multiple displays on thinkpad

3. dual displays on think pad

4. how to use mutiole screens on thinkpad,
  5. using multiple monitors with thinkpad,
  6. thinkpad extend these displays,
  7. windows 10 multiple screens laptop down on thinkpad,
  8. multiple displays on a thinkpad,
  9. use two displays thinkadp,
  10. multiple display with think pad