Windows 10: Using multiple game controllers in an older program, windows 10

Discus and support Using multiple game controllers in an older program, windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got an older program, 2 players. I have built a custom machine for it arcade cabinet and the computer inside died. I bought a new computer for it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lt Nicholls, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Using multiple game controllers in an older program, windows 10

I've got an older program, 2 players. I have built a custom machine for it arcade cabinet and the computer inside died. I bought a new computer for it that came with Windows 10 and reset everything. It works on one player but I want both players to work. In the joystick/gamepad setup it says "Select the device you want to use with older programs." My dilemma is that I want to use 2. Whichever one I select to use works perfectly. Is there a workaround to either disable this feature and let them both work or set the program to not be listed as an older one somehow?

:)

Lt Nicholls, Dec 24, 2019

2. Will Windows 10 be able to play older games/programs?

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

I know how this concerns you, let me help you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to install the games in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on the setup file and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Reference: Refer to the following Discussion created by Master Turkey
    on Windows 10 Games Compatibility List.

Windows 10 Games Compatibility List

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Older games freezing up screen but keep playing on windows 10

Hi,

Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work on Windows 10. However, some older programs might run poorly or not at all. To resolve your concern, you may run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter by following
    the steps on this link to automatically detect and fix some of the most common
    issues.

You may run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again.

We also recommend that you update your graphics card drivers. Here's how:

• Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand one of the categories to find the name of your display adapter, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select Update Driver. For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right-click your graphics
      card and select Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try looking for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver:

• Open the Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the display adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.  

Loraine Mon, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Using multiple game controllers in an older program, windows 10

Windows 10 Game Compatibility

Hello Debie,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

There are some programs that need new definitions compatible with Windows 10. Till the time they are unavailable you can install the programs compatible with previous versions of operating system in compatibility mode. If you can access the executable (.exe)
    file for the game, I would suggest you to follow the below provided steps:

Step 1: Download and save the game on the desktop.

Step 2: Install the game in compatibility mode.

• Right click on the .exe file, and click on Properties.
    • Go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    • Select Windows 8 (or any other compatible OS) in the list of Operating systems.
    • Click OK.
    • Double-click the executable file to install the game and follow the onscreen instructions.
    • Reboot your computer.
    Additional information:

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Using multiple game controllers in an older program, windows 10

1. Using multiple game controllers in an older program, windows 10 - Similar Threads - Using multiple game

2. How to run older Windows OS games/programs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run older Windows OS games/programs on Windows 10: I am the Administrator to my PC running windows 10 on my desktop. Several older gaming programs I am trying to run says I need Administrator Privilege that I have wont run. I am confused and dont know what else to do next....
  3. How to run older Windows OS games/programs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run older Windows OS games/programs on Windows 10: I am the Administrator to my PC running windows 10 on my desktop. Several older gaming programs I am trying to run says I need Administrator Privilege that I have wont run. I am confused and dont know what else to do next....
  4. How to run older Windows OS games/programs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Using multiple security programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using multiple security programs: Dear members, just want an answer to the question.. I have XFI advantage securitythrough Comcast along with windows defender .....do I need to also have something like Nortonwhich I use to have through Comcast before they switched? [Original Title: Anti virus]...
  6. Using a program window by multiple users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using a program window by multiple users: Hi I need something to share a cmd window with other users at realtime so they can use it with me Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-a-program-window-by-multiple-users/3bae5a6c-4d0e-4c6b-b45c-405c79ec1a3a
  7. Older games - can't change in-game brightness when using multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Older games - can't change in-game brightness when using multiple monitors: Hello r/windows10! I'm at my wit's end with this issue, I've tried everything I can think of. I've been trying to work with both Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games. I'm on Windows 10, 2004 using the newest NVIDIA drivers. What's not working is that I cannot change...
  8. Older Programs Working On Windows 10

Older Programs Working On Windows 10: Will an older version of Photoscape work on Windows 10, without messing Windows 10 up? It's the only version that I'm use to. I tried Photoscape X, but I cannot use it, because it doesn't have the features that I'm use to. When I bring the older version of Photoscape up, it...
  9. running older programs using DVD player in windows 10

running older programs using DVD player in windows 10: Hello. I a Flight Simmer. I have FSX and I have a bunch of add on planes. The ones that are older than some wont run in the DVD player that came with my Windows 10 computer. They all would work in windows 7 but no all in windows 10 is there a way I can run these add on...
  10. Older programs appear bolder than they used to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Older programs appear bolder than they used to...: Hey guys. I need your help. Not long ago, I refreshed my Windows 10 laptop. when installing programs I noticed some of them now seem to have a bolder font than their usual appearance. The used to look like this... [ATTACH] I regret not having a screenshot of Easy Audio...