Windows 10: Using my laptop without an account & sign-in

Discus and support Using my laptop without an account & sign-in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! I've just bought a new laptop. Unfortunately, it has windows 10 not a fan, no, and it's not improving now and it forced me to create an account. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ur ufjfhfkgjfHxufjfhfjfnf, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Using my laptop without an account & sign-in

Hi! I've just bought a new laptop. Unfortunately, it has windows 10 not a fan, no, and it's not improving now and it forced me to create an account. My questions are:

1> how to delete the acount and use my laptop WITHOUT an account? I don't want to be logged in with I don't know who the whole time my laptop is on I've tried the windows+R, but it didn't really work.

2> how to turn off the sign-in itself? I tried to turn it off in account settings, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thank you =

:)

Ur ufjfhfkgjfHxufjfhfjfnf, Dec 6, 2020

2. Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices. Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account?

sportsfan148, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Rose W Win User
    Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Teokute Win User

Using my laptop without an account & sign-in

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Using my laptop without an account & sign-in :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Using my laptop without an account & sign-in

1. Using my laptop without an account & sign-in - Similar Threads - Using laptop without

2. Use a laptop without "signing" in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use a laptop without "signing" in: I have a Dell Vostro laptop with Windows 11 Pro.Is there a way to turn on this laptop directly to the Desktop without having to sign in with a password and/or a pin.There is nothing confidential or secret or private on this laptop. No email. No bank accounts. No photographs.....
  3. Use a laptop without "signing" in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use a laptop without "signing" in: I have a Dell Vostro laptop with Windows 11 Pro.Is there a way to turn on this laptop directly to the Desktop without having to sign in with a password and/or a pin.There is nothing confidential or secret or private on this laptop. No email. No bank accounts. No photographs.....
  4. How to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, but without using a password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, but without using a password?: I'm currently using a Local account on Windows and I haven't set up a password because I don't want to. I just start my PC and it brings me to the desktop right away. Now I want to link my Windows license to my Microsoft account, but for that I have to sign in to Windows with...
  5. Sign in without school account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in without school account: My windows 10 laptop keeps prompting me to sign in with my work or school microsoft account, but I don't have one anymore, and this is my laptop not my school's. How do I get it to stop asking me?...
  6. Signing in my account on new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Signing in my account on new laptop: Hello, I recently bought a new laptop, the Dell Inspiron 14 5000 series. The sellers opened the laptop to set up some of the software. When I got back a local account was already made. When I try signing in to my account, the first two steps go well. However, in the...
  7. Can I use OneDrive (free version) without using that same account to sign into my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use OneDrive (free version) without using that same account to sign into my PC?: I setup Windows with a local account because I don't want to use any of Microsofts online services. The only exception is OneDrive which I am now considering as an alternative to dropbox. I assume I DO need a Microsoft account to use that, but must I then also use that...
  8. How to use OneNote without signing into a Windows account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use OneNote without signing into a Windows account?: I had a hard enough time trying to figure out how to use my laptop without logging into a Microsoft account, and I am realizing now that I am being forced to log into my account in order to use OneNote. Why can't they let people just use software on a local account without...
  9. Removing microsoft account on laptop without using laptop

Removing microsoft account on laptop without using laptop: Hi there, I turned on my laptop today and entered my password. but it says u need to verify ur account then send me into a login page and want an activity code from sms. so i done that so many times to change my password to log in to my laptop but says login failure again and...
  10. My laptop direct to the homescreen without signing in .

My laptop direct to the homescreen without signing in .: The first time when i turn on my laptop it says WELCOME then before it go to the home screen it make me sign in first even i don't put any password but now it direct to the home screen without the sign in screen .. help me please.....