Windows 10: Using my modem AND mobile phone for internet on PC?

Discus and support Using my modem AND mobile phone for internet on PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. i am using a PC with Win10 and need to download a big file, around 100 gb but i also have to be able to do video calls during the download. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sir_Bohne, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Using my modem AND mobile phone for internet on PC?

Hello.

i am using a PC with Win10 and need to download a big file, around 100 gb but i also have to be able to do video calls during the download. i know i could limit the download, but it has to be finished as soon as possible.

is there a way i can keep downloading via my ISP modem, and somehow connect my phone to the pc to do my work stuff via mobile data? is this somehow possible?

submitted by /u/Sir_Bohne
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sir_Bohne, Dec 27, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

DOCSIS 3.0 modem with phone line?

I'm thinking about buying my own modem for a few reasons:

1. Upgrade to DOCSIS 3.0, the modem I have from them is 2.0
    2. Eliminate the monthly rental fee.

Time Warner has a official supported modem list on their site, but none of them have phone lines like my current modem does, and then there's this little tidbit: if you choose to purchase your own modem, you will need another device from them to use their phone service, as none of the modems on their list have phone lines (including the modem I am currently using, from them, that does have phone lines on it). It seems they are trying to get their monthly equipment fee regardless if you have their modem or your own.

Considering my modem isn't on their list and it has phone lines on it, and I don't have a second box from them for the phone, I'm thinking ANY modem should work, whether it's on their list or not.

So, I'm looking for a DOCSIS 3.0 modem that has phone lines on it, any recommendations? I don't mind if the modem is also a router, provided I have full control over it as I would with my current router.

3. INTERNET SHARING WITH MY PC

Hello Silas,
    Thanks for your reply
    Actually i asked to my network provider (Airtel) about the problem, they told there is no USB modem or Blue tooth modem which is connected to laptop.
    They also told me that Nokia Lumia windows phone are not compatible with laptops(note book) for internet connection.
    Means i can't connect mobile internet to my Laptop anymore with this window phone.

Therefore, Please suggest me the steps how can i connect mobile internet with my laptop.

Regards
    Shantanu

ShantanuPrasad, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Using my modem AND mobile phone for internet on PC?

HTC 7 Mozart mobile not connecting to internet

Hello,

If you cannot connect to Wi-Fi or use the Mobile Data on your HTC 7 Mozart device, we suggest that you follow the steps given on
    Lumia troubleshooting and repair. After each step, check to see if your issue has been fixed.

• For issues connecting to Wi-Fi networks, select Connectivity > My phone has problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, then follow the suggested steps provided.

• And for issues connecting to the internet using a mobile data connection, select
      Connectivity > I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection. Make sure to select the next options given if the problem persists.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

81a3255d-566c-4bba-9244-0173490ea2c5, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Using my modem AND mobile phone for internet on PC?

1. Using my modem AND mobile phone for internet on PC? - Similar Threads - Using modem mobile

2. My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...: I have a 5g internet connection on my mobile phone, the internet speed is up to 350Mbps on my mobile. When I am connecting my pc to my mobile phone using wifi then my pc shows 40Mbps speed. However, when I connect using USB threading the speed is 350Mbps. My motherboard...
  3. My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...: I have a 5g internet connection on my mobile phone, the internet speed is up to 350Mbps on my mobile. When I am connecting my pc to my mobile phone using wifi then my pc shows 40Mbps speed. However, when I connect using USB threading the speed is 350Mbps. My motherboard...
  4. internet issue after modem replace, phone is ok and another laptop or PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet issue after modem replace, phone is ok and another laptop or PC: Hello,I have some strange issue after my ISP change my modem, everything is fine 2 laptops, 2 phones, 3 routers excepting my main laptop Allineware 51 R2 with WIN10 pro.My main laptop I have ping in 8.8.8.8, I can connected remotely to anyconnect and remote desktop connection...
  5. internet issue after modem replace, phone is ok and another laptop or PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet issue after modem replace, phone is ok and another laptop or PC: Hello,I have some strange issue after my ISP change my modem, everything is fine 2 laptops, 2 phones, 3 routers excepting my main laptop Allineware 51 R2 with WIN10 pro.My main laptop I have ping in 8.8.8.8, I can connected remotely to anyconnect and remote desktop connection...
  6. internet issue after modem replace, phone is ok and another laptop or PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My Modem internet is so slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Modem internet is so slow.: Help, My Modem internet is so slow and when I play on Minecraft my ping is good but if I play on Roblox it's just trash. I tried everything to fix it but nothing can....
  8. INTERNET, MODEM

INTERNET, MODEM: Hello. I created a standard user account in Windows 10. My modem which works okay in the administrator account is not working in the standard user account... Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-modem/8bb8b0e0-ed2a-4e93-89f5-4632996d524c
  9. Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone

Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone: My laptop is connected to my uni's ethernet network via a cable. I want to use mobile hotspot to connect my phone to that network as well, but when I try to connect, it says that hotspot has no internet connection. My laptop can connect to the internet, but my phone can't. In...
  10. Modem use

Modem use: Hi All, I am new to using Win10, and I would like to find out if Windows 10 will utilize an internal modem? I have an Asus laptop, it does NOT have an internal modem, nor could I find a place for it when it was running Win8.1. I would like to know this before I upgrade my...