Windows 10: Using my PIN on another computer's microsoft store

Discus and support Using my PIN on another computer's microsoft store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am attempting to sign into my friends computer's Microsoft store. I want to test sea of thieves on his computer to see if it could run it. I use sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dmc0605, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Dmc0605 Win User

Using my PIN on another computer's microsoft store

I am attempting to sign into my friends computer's Microsoft store. I want to test sea of thieves on his computer to see if it could run it. I use sign in with another account, and sign in with my account. It all goes fine until I get directed to set up my account with Microsoft hello. It asks me to enter my PIN, which I assume is what I set as my PIN on my main computer where I first signed into the Microsoft store. The one I use every time I start my computer and have to enter it. It didn't work. I went back to my main computer and tried to change my pin in my settings, yet it didn't work. We really wanna try sea of thieves before the sale ends. knowing my luck it's not the right PIN, probably something on the internet. Any help would be appreciated!

:)

Dmc0605, Apr 15, 2019

2. Microsoft Windows 10 Pin won't work to sign into Microsoft Store

I finally managed to solve this on my own. Here is how I did it, for anyone else having the same problem:

• From inside my own computer account, I went to Settings -> Accounts -> Your Info, and clicked "Sign in with a local account instead". I followed all steps to make that account a local account rather than a Microsoft account. (This was necessary for later
      steps.)
    • From inside my daughter's computer account, I went to Settings -> Accounts -> Your info, and clicked "Sign in with a local account instead". I followed all steps to make her account a local account.
    • From inside my daughter's computer account, I went to Settings -> Accounts -> Your info, and clicked "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". I followed all steps to set it up with MY own Microsoft account.
    • This done, I was now able to access the store as myself (from within my daugher's computer account) to download my purchased version of Minecraft for her.

(Side note - at one point it prompted me for the pin for MY Microsoft account, but it actually required the pin from HER Microsoft account. So if you are getting caught on PINS, try that of the second account instead of your own.)
    • Once I had finished with the Microsoft Store and gotten software set up, I went back again (inside my daughter's account) to Settings -> Accounts -> Your info, and clicked "Sign in with a local account instead". I followed all steps to remove MY Microsoft
      account from her computer account.
    • Again, still inside my daughter's computer account, Settings -> Accounts -> Your info, and clicked "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". I followed all steps to set it up again with her own Microsoft account.
    • Then I logged back into my own computer account, went to Settings -> Accounts -> Your info, and clicked "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". I followed all steps to set it back up again with my own Microsoft account.

Viola!

Both our accounts are set up again the way they should be again, and I managed to get into the Microsoft Store and set everything up on my daughter's computer account.

I have also verified that the installations still work after I set her computer account back up again with her Microsoft account.

As a workaround it is a bit clunky, but it works. So if you are stuck like I was, give it a try.

KathrynKrueger, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Unable to download app from Microsoft Store

It seems that this is a Chrome issue. Have you tried resetting Chrome?

On the other hand, we suggest that you open Microsoft Store app instead of opening Store through Chrome. The following are steps on how to open Microsoft Store on Windows 10:

• To open Microsoft Store on Windows 10, select the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar.
    • If you don't see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type
      Microsoft Store, press and hold (or right-click) Microsoft Store, then choose More > Pin
      to taskbar
    • If Microsoft Store won't launch, get more info at Microsoft Store does
      not launch

Regards.

JohnMel And, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Using my PIN on another computer's microsoft store

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Using my PIN on another computer's microsoft store

1. Using my PIN on another computer's microsoft store - Similar Threads - Using PIN another

2. Microsoft Store is not on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store is not on my computer.: I tried running the powershell command but it did not work. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Xbox - again, to no avail. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-is-not-on-my-computer/5b4c507c-f4ef-4029-bdef-48d3231c260f
  3. Microsoft Store is not on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store is not on my computer.: I tried running the powershell command but it did not work. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Xbox - again, to no avail. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-is-not-on-my-computer/5b4c507c-f4ef-4029-bdef-48d3231c260f
  4. Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer: I bought a laptop last year and was able to transfer my apps and files from my old laptop to my new one quite easily.Over the summer, I had to have the motherboard replaced by the manufacturer and it was like I had a new PC - i.e., I had to set up Windows, find my Microsoft...
  5. Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer: I bought a laptop last year and was able to transfer my apps and files from my old laptop to my new one quite easily.Over the summer, I had to have the motherboard replaced by the manufacturer and it was like I had a new PC - i.e., I had to set up Windows, find my Microsoft...
  6. Transferring an app from Microsoft Store to another computer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Microsoft Store does not accept my PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Store does not accept my PIN.: So I have gotten a second computer and am trying to sign in to the Microsoft store on said computer, and all goes well. I put in my email, my password, and then it asks me for my Windows Hello pin. So I enter the pin that I had set up ages ago, and it doesn't seem to work. I...
  8. Microsoft Store Doesn't Recognize My PIN

Microsoft Store Doesn't Recognize My PIN: I am using Windows 10 on a HP desktop computer. I login with a Microsoft account using a PIN. When I go to the Microsoft store, it asks me for my PIN. I enter the same PIN as I do when I log into Windows, but it doesn't recognize it. The Credential Security screen that pops...
  9. Start my computer without using the pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Start my computer without using the pin.: Upon setting up my new HP computer I was asked for a pin number which I did, not knowing I had to put in that pin to start up my computer every morning. Is there any way I can just start up my computer without using the pin please. I have tried to cancel the pin by going...
  10. Move a Microsoft Store installation from one computer to another?

Move a Microsoft Store installation from one computer to another?: Hello, I purchased Forza Horizon 4 on my PC, and the windows store completely deleted my copy to install it again for no reasonunfortunately. I've isnce had to download it on a laptop elsewhere as I have a low data cap, and now would like to copy it to my PC, as it will run...