Windows 10: using my webcam

Discus and support using my webcam in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I would like to know how to use my web cam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-my-webcam/3ac46fba-d468-4688-91ce-5be8b9495e80 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alfonzo davis, May 18, 2019.

1. using my webcam

I would like to know how to use my web cam

:)

alfonzo davis, May 18, 2019

2. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, May 18, 2019
  3. Webcam had disappeared

Hi,

The webcam may have stopped working due to hardware failure, or a loose cable that connects it to the device’s motherboard. We suggest that you try to show hidden devices in
    Device Manager by following these steps:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
    • Click on the View tab and select Show hidden devices.

If you are seeing the webcam drivers, uninstall them. Then restart your device to check if Windows will be able to recognize the webcam and will install the drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, May 18, 2019
  4. using my webcam

Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like testwebcam.com -&nbsp Resources and Information..
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, May 18, 2019
Thema:

using my webcam

1. using my webcam - Similar Threads - using webcam

2. when i am trying to use my android device as a webcam the switch to front button is showing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i am trying to use my android device as a webcam the switch to front button is showing...: I am a windows insider, I am also using the updated phone link app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-trying-to-use-my-android-device-as-a/4769e493-53df-4d91-8679-45d8e2f11285
  3. when i am trying to use my android device as a webcam the switch to front button is showing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i am trying to use my android device as a webcam the switch to front button is showing...: I am a windows insider, I am also using the updated phone link app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-am-trying-to-use-my-android-device-as-a/4769e493-53df-4d91-8679-45d8e2f11285
  4. How do i add a plain background to any photos taken using my webcam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i add a plain background to any photos taken using my webcam?: I am using a webcam to take a photos for staff passes. I want to add the same plain blue background to every photo but cannot figure out how to do it. I would prefer not to have to subscribe to something. I have about 150 photos to do it to. Any ideas?...
  5. How do i add a plain background to any photos taken using my webcam?

How do i add a plain background to any photos taken using my webcam?: I am using a webcam to take a photos for staff passes. I want to add the same plain blue background to every photo but cannot figure out how to do it. I would prefer not to have to subscribe to something. I have about 150 photos to do it to. Any ideas?...
  6. Host Process for Windows 10 Keeps Using My Webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Host Process for Windows 10 Keeps Using My Webcam: For a couple of days now, my antivirus software SOPHOS has been notifying me of a "Host Process for Windows 10" program repeatedly using my webcam, and I'm unsure if I should be concerned about it since this looks like an essential process in my computer. I can seem to fix it...
  7. Host Process for Windows 10 Keeps Using My Webcam

Host Process for Windows 10 Keeps Using My Webcam: For a couple of days now, my antivirus software SOPHOS has been notifying me of a "Host Process for Windows 10" program repeatedly using my webcam, and I'm unsure if I should be concerned about it since this looks like an essential process in my computer. I can seem to fix it...
  8. The laptop camera light is on all the time and it looks like someone is using the webcam!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The laptop camera light is on all the time and it looks like someone is using the webcam!!: Hello there, Please kindly help me, My laptop's webcam works even without me using it, and the camera's lighting works as well!!When I finish the task through the task manager panel, the problem keeps coming back to me after about 10 to 45 minutes.The antivirus built-in with...
  9. The laptop camera light is on all the time and it looks like someone is using the webcam!!

The laptop camera light is on all the time and it looks like someone is using the webcam!!: Hello there, Please kindly help me, My laptop's webcam works even without me using it, and the camera's lighting works as well!!When I finish the task through the task manager panel, the problem keeps coming back to me after about 10 to 45 minutes.The antivirus built-in with...
  10. I am using a separate webcam/microphone with HP Envy and on Zoom it creates feedback for others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using a separate webcam/microphone with HP Envy and on Zoom it creates feedback for others: I am using a separate webcam/microphone with HP Envy and on Zoom it creates feedback for others. I do not hear feedback on my side, but I have to be muted or else everyone else gets feedback. I have only one microphone selected. How do I deal with this? I use my laptop as a...