Windows 10: Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot

Discus and support Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I built my own PC and installed Windows 10 home on to it. A problem I've run into is that my motherboard does not have bluetooth capabilities... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulMay-Miller, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot

Recently I built my own PC and installed Windows 10 home on to it. A problem I've run into is that my motherboard does not have bluetooth capabilities straight out of the box like my old laptop did, which means I can't use it as a mobile hotspot like I did my old laptop. If I buy a bluetooth dongle would I be able to use my new PC as a WiFi hotspot? It's connected to our router by an ethernet cable so it would provide a better WiFi coverage than the router itself does, as the WiFi barely reaches my phone in my room.

:)

PaulMay-Miller, Feb 11, 2019

2. Error "The wifi network .... didn't respond" when using PC as mobile hotspot

Original title:- Use my PC as a mobile hotspot

When my PC has a cellular data connection, I want to turn it into a mobile hotspot to share my connection with other devices.

To do this I follow these steps.

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet
      > Mobile hotspot.

• Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, and then select
      Save.

• Turn on the control under Mobile hotspot to share your cellular data connection.
    After that I enter my Password to my nokia lumia 925 phone and try to connect to my new wifi network.

But it says "The wifi network .... didn't respond"

• I enter my password correctly.
    • Turn of my wifi in pc

William A Nadeeshani, Feb 11, 2019
  3. WiFi Hotspot

How can I use my Windows 10 PC, as a WiFi Hotspot

I need step by step instructions , please.

HelenaKriel, Feb 11, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot

Microsoft Now Shows the Apps That Were Built for Win 10 in the Store

If anyone cares to start the list after WiFi Hotspot Pro, we can then combine the 2 lists for the members.
    Just a suggestion.

davidhk, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot

1. Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot - Similar Threads - Using newly built

2. Wifi won't connect on newly built PC. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi won't connect on newly built PC. What to do?: So, I have just finished building a new PC, and I tried to connect to the internet since the motherboard that I used has built in WiFi, but during the windows setup phase, nothing showed up and I spent about an hour trying to figure out what was wrong. I eventually went...
  3. Wifi won't connect on newly built PC. What to do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi won't connect on newly built PC. What to do?: So, I have just finished building a new PC, and I tried to connect to the internet since the motherboard that I used has built in WiFi, but during the windows setup phase, nothing showed up and I spent about an hour trying to figure out what was wrong. I eventually went...
  4. Realtek not working on newly built pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek not working on newly built pc: I recently built a new pc and I realized right away that I am able to use my headphones connected through an interface and can use audio coming through my monitor with an HDMI. But I cannot use speakers plugged directly into my motherboard. I have uninstalled/reinstalled...
  5. Newly Built PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Newly Built PC With Wifi Motherboard But No Wifi Option: I just finished building my first PC and I have run into a myriad of issues. Chief among them being the fact that I bought a motherboard that has Wifi and Bluetooth built in but I have no wifi option in my network/internet page. I don't even think I have wifi drivers. I'm...
  6. Newly built pc keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newly built pc keeps crashing: I have recently built a new pc and I had succesfully installed windows on it but aboit 30 min after into my setup my pc crashed. After it crashed it would only reboot to my bios screen an I have no option in my boot priority. I thought it was my ssd so with some researxhI...
  7. Newly built pc Help! please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newly built pc Help! please: Hi, So everything was going great until i tried to install windows 10 from a pre made windows 10 installation usb bought from amazon. error message: Windows failed to start then says.. The operating system couldnt be loaded because the system registry file is missing or...
  8. Newly built PC crashed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newly built PC crashed: Hi, I just built a pc but it just crashed on me and I'm trying to figure it out. is there a way to figure out why my PC crashed using a .dmp file? All i see in there is unknown characters. Here's the link to the file...
  9. Newly built pc help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Newly built pc help: So ive got my pc all built and set up. I have windows 10 on a laptop, and got windows 10 education for free. So i know theres a media creation tool, do i just use that and then enter the product key once i put the usb in the pc and boot it up? submitted by /u/Hballzz...
  10. newly built pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    newly built pc: so my friend helped me build my first pc and now I am having problems I keep getting a different blue screen and I don't know what to do I have tried to fix them by looking them up but it doesn't seem to work...