Windows 10: Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot

Discus and support Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I built my own PC and installed Windows 10 home on to it. A problem I've run into is that my motherboard does not have bluetooth capabilities... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulMay-Miller, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot

Recently I built my own PC and installed Windows 10 home on to it. A problem I've run into is that my motherboard does not have bluetooth capabilities straight out of the box like my old laptop did, which means I can't use it as a mobile hotspot like I did my old laptop. If I buy a bluetooth dongle would I be able to use my new PC as a WiFi hotspot? It's connected to our router by an ethernet cable so it would provide a better WiFi coverage than the router itself does, as the WiFi barely reaches my phone in my room.

:)

PaulMay-Miller, Feb 11, 2019

2. Error "The wifi network .... didn't respond" when using PC as mobile hotspot

Original title:- Use my PC as a mobile hotspot

When my PC has a cellular data connection, I want to turn it into a mobile hotspot to share my connection with other devices.

To do this I follow these steps.

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet
      > Mobile hotspot.

• Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, and then select
      Save.

• Turn on the control under Mobile hotspot to share your cellular data connection.
    After that I enter my Password to my nokia lumia 925 phone and try to connect to my new wifi network.

But it says "The wifi network .... didn't respond"

• I enter my password correctly.
    • Turn of my wifi in pc

William A Nadeeshani, Feb 11, 2019
  3. WiFi Hotspot

How can I use my Windows 10 PC, as a WiFi Hotspot

I need step by step instructions , please.

HelenaKriel, Feb 11, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot

Microsoft Now Shows the Apps That Were Built for Win 10 in the Store

If anyone cares to start the list after WiFi Hotspot Pro, we can then combine the 2 lists for the members.
    Just a suggestion.

davidhk, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot

1. Using newly built PC as WiFi hotspot - Similar Threads - Using newly built

2. Newly built PC, can't activate windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Newly built PC, can't activate windows.: Hi all, Throughout this week I bought and built my new PC after the old one had mobo issues. I just finished installing Windows 10 on the new system but it won't let me activate. I fiddled around in my Microsoft account and though that removing the old PC(s) would help...
  3. Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation on a newly built PC: I just finished building a new PC and all was working fine for a while until I went to install the OS. I used a USB that I put the ISO file on and when I turned on the computer, I received a bunch of error messages. First was error 0xc0000221, then 0xc0000098, then...
  4. Newly Built PC random BSODs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Newly Built PC random BSODs: I just built this PC and I keep getting random BSODs. I used driver verifier and it showed that there is a issue with the sound driver. I updated it, but I still get the bsods but am not sure if it is for a different reason. . The PC also started randomly stuttering after the...
  5. Newly built computer keeps bluescreening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Newly built computer keeps bluescreening: My desktop that I built this summer has been randomly giving BSODs after prolonged use. They are generic error messages like "IRQL not less or equal" but they are always different so far. I have all drivers up to date, but there was nothing in my minidump folder. I enabled...
  6. newly built pc. will not recognise USB bought from microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    newly built pc. will not recognise USB bought from microsoft: Hello, I bought Windows 10 full (not upgrade) from ms store USB version. I built my pc. entered BIOS, set it up, saved and restarted with the win 10 usb inserted. then the pc goes and returns to bios. I look at the boot sequence and in the pane it states "No Bootable...
  7. wifi hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi hotspot: hi ive got a problem with my hp g60 laptop ,I cant turn my wifi hotspot on ,it keeps saying ,unable to turn wifi hotspot on ,,,, need help ,,,,how do you fix this and ive downloaded the wireless drivers twice ,still didn't work...
  8. Newly DIY Built PC with BSOD Issues

Newly DIY Built PC with BSOD Issues: My PC was only built about a week ago, and has many different BSODs throughout the week. I have managed to solve quite a few of them, and currently these are the ones that are still bugging me, mainly ntoskrnl.exe I have tried memtest and windows memory diagnostic tool...
  9. "newly" built PC freezes, bluescreens.......sometimes

"newly" built PC freezes, bluescreens.......sometimes: Hey, I recently refurbished my PC a bit, to accomodate a new graphics card, and speed it up. The only parts remainig from the old pc which ran for 6 years very stable is the RAM, and a mass storage 2TB Hitachi HDD, the case, DVD player and the PSU. The OS (Windows 10...
  10. wifi hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi hotspot: i tried to create a wifi hotspot in window 10, so i used command prompt but after creating it is notworking and showing that the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the request, then i installed a wifi hotspot software but that's also not running and...