Windows 10: Using old program on Windows 10

Discus and support Using old program on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a program, German Assistant for Windows, I acquired while stationed in Germany 1993-95. I used it extensively until early 2002 then I put it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlanSchold, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Using old program on Windows 10

I have a program, German Assistant for Windows, I acquired while stationed in Germany 1993-95. I used it extensively until early 2002 then I put it away. I am now using Windows 10 and would like to use the program again, but it will not run. The message is "This app can't run on your PC". Is there a way I can use this program?

:)

AlanSchold, Mar 31, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Using old program on Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Using old program on Windows 10

1. Using old program on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Using old program

2. How to use Old MS Photo Editor Program in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to use Old MS Photo Editor Program in Windows 10: How to get the old MS Photo Editor program to run on Windows 10? I know MS Photo Editor PhotoEd.exe is a very old program but I use it daily. It loads very fast and has the basic tools I need such as Crop, Resize, and Rotate. I loaded it on my Windows 7 desktop and when I...
  3. How to use Old MS Photo Editor Program in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use Old MS Photo Editor Program in Windows 10: How to get the old MS Photo Editor program to run on Windows 10? I know MS Photo Editor PhotoEd.exe is a very old program but I use it daily. It loads very fast and has the basic tools I need such as Crop, Resize, and Rotate. I loaded it on my Windows 7 desktop and when I...
  4. How to use Old MS Photo Editor Program in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to uninstall an old program in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to uninstall an old program in Windows 10: I have an old photo manager program which need to uninstall. It's a UK program created by a now defunct since 2007 company, Pixology, called Jessops Picture Manager Version 1.0.0.13 part of Jessops Picture suite copyright date 2003. Jessops processed pictures taken on film...
  6. Old Program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Program: I have a program that I installed on a previous version of Windows. It will not install on Windows 10 Home. If I upgrade to another version of Windows, will it install? Which version?...
  7. Old programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old programs: I have a USB modem from Verizon LG -VL600, it needs a VZ software driver to work with it, I have the software but I can't install it because according to Windows I can only install a program from windows store. what is the solution for this? Thank you....
  8. windows 10 and new install, old programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 and new install, old programs: Considering: 1 a clean, new install always works great; 2 that does not take too much time; 3 but it requires all programs to install again; 4 and that can take a lot of time: - finding the installation files; - finfing the keys needed for installation; - having not...
  9. Old Program Won't Run on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Program Won't Run on Windows 10: So basically, I downloaded this old file from 2004. Long story short, it's in Japanese, so I can't easily locate any additional information on it. There was download information on the web page I got it from, but putting it in Google Translate only turned up semi-useful...
  10. Unable to find old programs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to find old programs on Windows 10: I have been given a new w10 Dell inspirion 15 for my BDAY , in setting it up next to my HP dv4 pavilion which also has W10 , I experienced the following; I immediately received a "launch pod or pad error message" , my old machine then would not open any of my programs and...