Windows 10: Using OneDrive to backup Documents

Discus and support Using OneDrive to backup Documents in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; For backing up of normal documents, i am trying to use the backup feature of OneDrive. Right clicking on the OneDrive folder, click on the Backup Tab,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Hesh, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Hesh Win User

Using OneDrive to backup Documents

For backing up of normal documents, i am trying to use the backup feature of OneDrive. Right clicking on the OneDrive folder, click on the Backup Tab, then click on 'Manage Backup'. A dialog box appears saying that "it cannot backup my 'Documents' folder due to my .pst file being in the 'Documents' folder. To continue move this file and try again". Yet in Windows 10, i cant seem to be able to add a 'New Folder' to 'This PC' outside of the current default folders(Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos) ??

This seems strange? Am i missing something simple here? Where am i supposed to 'move' the .pst file to so OneDrive can backup my 'Documents' folder?

....cheers.

:)

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 10, 2019
  3. kernrsn Win User
    W10 Mobile Lumia 830 Backup Not Being Saved to OneDrive

Thanks Chari San,

I understand I can not see what is contained in the backup stored on OneDrive, but I should see them listed. In my case there is not one being stored at all even though the phone reports it has backed up. See screenshots from OneDrive from my phone logged
    into the same account the phone is and the backup settings page above. Without the backup on OneDrive my restored phone will lose at least call history, start screen setup and installed app list from what I have found.

Step #2 is not displayed on the new phone. (How can it restore a backup that is not on OneDrive at all). It skips over that step and I get a default install on the new phone without my call history, start page or app history. I'm not sure what else I
    might be missing but for sure at least those 3 items do not come across.

How do I resolve this issue? Suggestions?

kernrsn, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Using OneDrive to backup Documents

Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Using OneDrive to backup Documents

1. Using OneDrive to backup Documents - Similar Threads - Using OneDrive backup

2. Unable to turn off OneDrive documents folder backup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to turn off OneDrive documents folder backup.: I am trying to get rid of Onedrive but it seems mission imposible. Everytime I log in in my pc I am the only user I see the onedrive folder appearing in C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive no matter how many times I delete it. I've also clicked the gear icon>Settings>Back Up tab and...
  3. Unable to turn off OneDrive documents folder backup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to turn off OneDrive documents folder backup.: I am trying to get rid of Onedrive but it seems mission imposible. Everytime I log in in my pc I am the only user I see the onedrive folder appearing in C:\Users\<username>\OneDrive no matter how many times I delete it. I've also clicked the gear icon>Settings>Back Up tab and...
  4. onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive backup: i have a personal onedrive account with an outlook.com email address and would like to use another cloud service to do a back up. I tried idrive but it does not seem to allow it only for corporate accounts although I do have office 365 on my subscription...
  5. onedrive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive backup: i have a personal onedrive account with an outlook.com email address and would like to use another cloud service to do a back up. I tried idrive but it does not seem to allow it only for corporate accounts although I do have office 365 on my subscription...
  6. How to use Onedrive to backup Documents, Downloads, and Desktop folders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use Onedrive to backup Documents, Downloads, and Desktop folders.: I'm setting up a new PC. I did the following thinking it would be syncing my Documents and other folders to OneDrive. 1) right-click on Documents 2) select Properties 3) select Location 4) choose Move 5) choose OneDrive\Documents 6) say Yes to move files Now now the...
  7. OneDrive Backup caused Documents folder to disappear

OneDrive Backup caused Documents folder to disappear: I used OneDrive backup to start backing up my Desktop, Documents and Pictures. The Desktop and Pictures now appear on OneDrive and on my home system as expected. My Documents folder has disappeared completely from both OneDrive and my home system. After researching for...
  8. How to use OneDrive as a backUp?

How to use OneDrive as a backUp?: How to use OneDrive as a backUp? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-onedrive-as-a-backup/a9f4110d-ee58-4f6a-85a0-dc2986846e91"
  9. Use OneDrive for backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Use OneDrive for backup: Good morning all, Can OneDrive (I have the 1TB upgrade) be used for backup of files and the OS ? Is there a tutorial somewhere ? My system consists of: Surface Go, 4GBram, 64GBstorage, Win10 S mode, Edge, Office 365, No physical keyboard, No mouse. Thanks Lee 130841
  10. Backup and OneDrive

Backup and OneDrive: Is there a way to Backup (i.e. use File History) Directly to OneDrive rather than copying the File History folder to the OneDrive section of my PC? thans. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-onedrive/e4bb32b8-7572-4c20-a050-b16abea2d075"